It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question for those who believe in Christian/Catholic conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   
If the Christian/Catholic religion is a major player in the NWO/illuminati..etc. Why does Christianity say that suicide is a sin that automatically sends you to hell. Wouldn't it be more advantageous for people to kill themselves, meaning less useless feeders?

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

My take is that the more people there are, the more power/money there is to be had. If you have control over the people, you've already won until there is a conflict with having access to food/water/shelter. So making people think they'll go to hell by killing themselves makes them want to stay alive (and thus enslaved).

You may be interested in my thread: The Capitalism of Longevity
edit on 11/22/2012 by xenthuin because: Addition

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
I think the catholic church has merely succumbed to what any large organization has happen. When you grow big enough, charming sociopaths weed their way in, for the pleasure of power and control. There are still good well meaning people, but the infestation once set, is very hard to remove, as the good people bound by moral parameters are unable to do what is necessary to remove the wolf

This is why the church is reborn over and over again, only to have that sect fall prey to the same problem.

The same thing controls corporate america, the difference is scum sucking low life manipulating vamprism is actually lauded in that setting.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden
If the Christian/Catholic religion is a major player in the NWO/illuminati..etc. Why does Christianity say that suicide is a sin that automatically sends you to hell. Wouldn't it be more advantageous for people to kill themselves, meaning less useless feeders?

Not to provide support to any silly claims that the Catholic church is part of any Illuminati conspiracies, but the church does not teach that suicides "automatically go to Hell" (probably a very strong consolation to those who grieve the loss of a friend of relative under such circumstances.)

The Church teaches that suicide is wrong; it is contrary to the Fifth Commandment. It is an action that runs counter to the proper love of self, as well as love for God, the giver of life. We are stewards of our lives, not owners. The person who takes his or her own life also wrongs others — those who remain experience loss, bewilderment, and grief. You won’t find anything in that teaching about going to hell.

The Church teaches through liturgy, and the liturgy on occasions like these stresses divine mercy. Take a look at Psalm 103, and recall the dimensions of God’s mercy — as far as the east is from the west, as high as the skies are above the earth.

The Church still teaches that there is a hell, but leaves it to God to decide who should go there. And divine decisions, in this regard, are filtered through divine mercy. Tragedy at the end of this life is no sure sign of an eternal tragedy in the next. (Catholic Digest)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

but the church does not teach that suicides "automatically go to Hell" (probably a very strong consolation to those who grieve the loss of a friend of relative under such circumstances.)

About 20 years ago a friend of mine committed suicide, leaving behind an 11-yr old son and his father, but preceded by a daughter who had died in a tragic accident at age 5, many years before. The son knew he was the "replacement" child; my friend was on meds and in therapy, but then with NO WARNING or support-seeking, she was gone.

She was a Catholic, and there was a funeral and burial.
Prior to that, I was under the impression that suicided Catholics were not given funerals, and could not be buried in "consecrated" Catholic cemeteries. Is that still the case? She was buried in the cemetery across the street from the church, but it is not (to my knowledge) a Catholic cemetery.

Interesting how things evolve in doctrine.

Also, your extext mentions "we still preach hell", but in Bill Maher's film Religulous he interviews a Senior Priest at the Vatican, who says, "Pfftt!"
and other revealing things:

Can you shed some light on where the public has not kept up? Or how the public has influenced the RCC?

edit on 25-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 25 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes
Prior to that, I was under the impression that suicided Catholics were not given funerals, and could not be buried in "consecrated" Catholic cemeteries. Is that still the case? She was buried in the cemetery across the street from the church, but it is not (to my knowledge) a Catholic cemetery.

The Catholic church changed the rule in 1983 -- Catholics who commit suicide may receive a Funeral Mass and be buried in consecrated ground. I'm not sure that there are any rules about being buried in a Catholic cemetery, apart from needing to be baptized (when I bought the funeral plot for my wife and myself, I asked if there was any issue with not being Catholic, as I was Methodist at the time, and they said "no, as long as you were baptized.")

Also, your extext mentions "we still preach hell", but in Bill Maher's film Religulous he interviews a Senior Priest at the Vatican, who says, "Pfftt!"

It seems pretty clear that Fr. Foster is not speaking in any official capacity, and he's known as being a bit eccentric (like celebrating Mass in the nude,) but I guess being one of the world's foremost Latin scholars earns one a bit of leniency. His dismissal of hell is not reflective of the church, but, unlike some other Christian denominations, the Catholic church never says "if you don't do this, or you don't say that, you will go to hell." In the end, it's up to God, not the church, and they're pretty open to admitting that.

posted on Nov, 26 2012 @ 12:34 PM
link   
Without judas would you known the Christ story ?
So if God pushes a man to faill, will he not forgive him ?
"I will give you what you will be able to take, and nothing more" right.

then about conspiricy.
Which man would create a world where his kids (his ego and honor in most cases) can not survive.
sometimes Life is the only real conpspiricy,
otherwise why would the holy books be both truth as trap.
Even an ahteist will have to admit, that consciousness does not come forth or
exist from building blocks, but can exist by recognising those blocks.

top topics

join