It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Thanksgiving ATS!

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 07:14 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving, Beezzer! I hope all is fun and that the food is great. Fill up on the turkey last. I tell myself this every year, but never heed it. I hope this year I do.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   
Ah yes...Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!

I have an awesome day ahead...friends coming over, the wife is making an culinary masterpiece, and of course football to spill in now and then!

The weather is fair...so I might get the Harley out and ride a bit!

Life is good!

Happy Thanksgiving!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Just so you guys know.....

*clears throat*

The REAL Thanksgiving was over on Monday, October 8, 2012!

Go Canada!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Happy Thanksgiving Beez! To the Mrs. as well!

Happy Thanksgiving to all. and to all a full tummy!!!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Hope you all have a great one!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
"Happy Turkey Day"

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving Beezzer and ATS !

what if Thanksgiving meal was bunnies and not a turkey
this thread wouldnt exist

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Happy Thanksgiving to our neigbours in the U.S.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

All praise the bunny, may his fluffiness be true!

Happy Thanksgiving to you and yours Beezz! And treat your lovely wife well today and every day, she is a keeper!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by NysgjerrigDame

One thing you must remember is that the attitudes towards the indigenous peoples of the Americas was imported from Europe.

Throughout history, wherever white Anglo-Saxons have encountered a different race, or a less technologically advanced people then themselves they have (after the initial meeting) generally subjugated them in every way they could. We see this in the way the American Indian was treated as well as the Native African, the Aborigines of South America and Australia and throughout European History.

The cultural ideas held by whites, in regards to the Native Americans, were that they (the whites) were superior in every way. The Native American “savages” met the white settlers in a spirit of friendship, and it was returned for a time, (when they needed help to survive) then the cultural differences between the two races began to cause conflicts. The white settlers held the belief that men could own a piece of land exclusively and that no other man could come on to that land without permission from the land owner, let alone hunt or forage for food. The “Indians”, on the other hand believed that the land was there to be cared for and managed and could never be the exclusive property of any individual, they held the concept that the land, and all on it, was there for everyone to use and hunt. They had “traditional” tribal hunting grounds and limited mining and farming, but no personal ownership. The whites caused conflict by infringing on the traditional hunting grounds of the Indians looking for food animals and natural resources such as gold, silver and other precious metals, and the white farmers clear-cut hunting lands to plant crops. In other words the Indian was in the way and had to be dealt with.

The popular beliefs held by the white settlers were mostly formed by the Catholic Church and held that any non-Christian was inferior and must be converted. The missionaries would try to convert, mostly without even trying to learn the native language, but were easily offended by the Indians “celebration of nature” (partial nudity, and in some cases, plural marriage). They were also horrified by the native religious practices involving “nature worship” and “idolatry”.

The concept of “manifest destiny” was another popular belief of the whites at the time; this involved the idea that we were destined by God to own the whole continent from the Atlantic to the Pacific. We were quite put out to find “our country” already occupied.

In short, the combination of the white settlers supposed superiority and technological advancement over the natives gave the whites the idea that they could and should push them out of the way either by putting them on reservations or killing them if they would not or could not fit into white society, usually in the lowest most menial positions.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

GAH!! gooooo away!!! OFF TOPIC POST!!!! GOOOO AWAY TROLLLLLLLL.

ANYWAYS!!!

happy thanksgiving people!!! hope all is well to ATS members and staff

minus the trolls
edit on 22-11-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

excuse me? Thanksgiving is over when Im passed out on my couch while watching football!!!
edit on 22-11-2012 by JDmOKI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
My day is ending soon. Central European Time, but I hope everyone else is having a great day.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beezer,

Happy Thanksgiving mate, all my best to you and yours. The guests have all left, the food is put away and all that is left is to sit back and enjoy a little peace and quiet. Enjoy.
I'll share.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by hoagy1199
reply to post by beezzer

Hey Beezer,

Happy Thanksgiving mate, all my best to you and yours. The guests have all left, the food is put away and all that is left is to sit back and enjoy a little peace and quiet. Enjoy.
I'll share.

You are a saint and deserve your own holiday.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

I made a quick turkey day dinner...I baked a turkey breast roast,
mashed potatoes/ squash with gravy,1 bag frozen mexican corn,
candied sweet potatoes,cranberry sauce, dinner rolls and store-
bought pumpkin pie with whipped cream.
Took an hour nap and then watched the detroit lions lose in overtime!

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   

I celebrate thanksgiving and I am part cherokee and blackfeet!
My husband's grandfather was fullblooded cherokee.I will take
any excuse to eat a good meal,give thanks to God and watch
football all afternoon.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by mamabeth

Spoke to my parents who were actually going to a friends house for Thanksgiving instead of my mother cooking.

My father was so upset that he'd be without turkey sandwiches during the football games that before they left, my dear sweet mum cooked a 12 pound turkey for him.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 05:52 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Dear beezzer,

Happy Thanksgiving to you, your family and all of those here on ATS.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
hope its a good one!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join