It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The God Complex and Hypocrisy Go hand and hand!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I have dealt with many individuals over the course of my lifetime that have exhibited this type of behavior...Teachers, Police Officers, Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, Politicians, Religious leaders...etc.

One thing they all have in common...they all think that their sht don't stink. Unfortunately, this is a common problem rampant throughout our society. We have people that just simply think they are above it all, they have a "God complex". They can tell others what is right and wrong, then turn around and exhibit the same behavior they are condemning; hypocrisy.

I try very hard to understand this behavior in others..I try very hard to be the type of person that avoids this behavior...one thing I will not do is put up with crap from hypocrites or people that think they are god. They need to be put in their place. They are not better than others and have no business judging others...does this make me a hypocrite for not allowing them to infiltrate me or another person's life with their behavior...no it does not, because I never start it. I wait for them to do what they do first, then I react.

Do not pretend to be perfect when none of us are. I'm not perfect. I don't care for those that act high and mighty and think they are.

A god complex is an unshakable belief characterized by consistently inflated feelings of personal ability, privilege, or infallibility. A person with a god complex may refuse to admit the possibility of error or failure, even in the face of complex or intractable problems or difficult or impossible tasks, or may regard personal opinions as unquestionably correct.[1][2] The individual may disregard the rules of society and require special consideration or privileges.

Hypocrisy is the state of promoting or administering virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that one does not actually have or is also guilty of violating.[1] Hypocrisy often involves the deception of others and thus can be considered a kind of lie.

Have something useful to add feel free. Want to tell me to fly a kite...no problem.

Take care and much love to all (even the hypocrites).

Ascension211

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I agree, put anyone under a microscope and you will find bacteria. And these people (with the so called god-complex) do that on a daily basis. Encountering it is frustrating to say the least. Business and Law (civil) on the other hand, is game of "I am this" because "you can't prove that".

It's not really "honest" in the classical sense, but if everyone is playing on the same field, there is a feeling of it when you are involved.

Actually believing the nonsense though, that's left to the people with the complexes.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I lost a friend recently for calling him and his wife out for narcissism over dinner. Their position on keeping prostitution was hardline and that laws should be tougher on prostitutes so that it would deter others from doing it

When I asked why it should be their business what adults do behind closed doors they both stated that these people can't be happy at these disgusting acts. When I asked them based on what information that they used to be this informed their response was that they just know what is better for people. I mentioned that they sounded narcissistic. They were pretty offended. The night ended quietly.

BTW, that disgusting act gave them two daughters. He married her just after she turned 18. He was 33. Oh, and they ultimately said prostitution was evil because god told them it was.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

World English Dictionary - defines it this way...

narcissism or narcism (ˈnɑːsɪˌsɪzəm, ˈnɑːˌsɪzəm) — n 1. an exceptional interest in or admiration for oneself, esp one's physical appearance 2. sexual satisfaction derived from contemplation of one's own physical or mental endowments

Hypocritical definitely...narcissistic would apply to one's belief that they are in love with them self...not sure that applies here.

Thanks for sharing though.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Yeah, I have stopped hanging out with most of my friends because of this.

I know this is kind of petty but this is just a small example of numerous things: One friend I have constantly complains about people that are riding his bumper when driving. For some crazy reason, he tailgates worse than anyone I have ever seen. If I bring up the fact that he complains about tailgators and then does it himself, he gets upset and annoyed. I think this is an example of how closed minded the average person is. If somebody points out something about them, they take it as an attack even if you go out of your way to bring up the topic in a joking manner.

I am growing tired of the overall ignorance people seem to be proud to display. Just my thoughts.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

BTW, that disgusting act gave them two daughters. He married her just after she turned 18. He was 33. Oh, and they ultimately said prostitution was evil because god told them it was.

You need new friends. Seriously.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Mrgone

BTW, if they were Christian, did you point out the fact that Magdalene was a prostitute?

new topics

top topics

join