It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hypothetical Dec 21, 2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I thought of an interesting hypothetical situation... And i'd like to hear some possible reactions to it as it played out...

Try to imagine yourself in this situation as members of ATS...

Its Dec 20th... 11:59pm, (whatever timezone)... You're doing whatever you normally do at this time... Myself i would likely be sitting here possibly reading the forum.

The clock finally clicks over to 12:00am... and just as that final tick happens... the Earth shakes violently for a brief second... The event is literally felt clearly ALL OVER THE WORLD...

By 12:10 there is already over 100 posts on the forum labeled... "DID YOU FEEL THAT!!" or something along those lines...

What will you do?

What will be your first reaction?

Will you panic?

Will the world?

Myself... it seems the only reaction i could come up with would be...

"hmm... That can't be Good"... *cracks another beer*

How about you?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Beer is definitely a good gut reaction - good move there

I'd probably at least get my BOB ready & maybe do a little bit of "getting ready" stuff in case the world starts to freak out...
Other than that...beer sounds good & I'd probably stay up a later than normal..maybe 3-4AM instead of 1-2AM just to see what happens.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Let everyone panic.

Lemmings have a tendency to sort themselves out.

Wait. (this could be days, weeks, months)

Go pick up the pieces.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
I would sh!t bricks. Then drink kook aid.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Putyournamehere

I also keep a large supply of "kook aid" on hand for occasions exactly like this...glad to see I'm not the only one

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
It's meant to happen at 11:11am so I thought, however what time zone that's in I have no idea. I'm presuming GMT which means most people will be at work. I'm not claiming to know that's true though.

in answer to your question, I'm already contemplating getting stuff ready so I can jump in the car and get to high land! Mainly because i keep having tsunami dreams and have a fear of drowning - I'm guessing if the whole worlds quaking the seas a coming! ... No other plans than that, I guess I better prepare a pack up just incase!

I wonder how many people will book the day off work?

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I like how Woody Harrelson approached world destruction in the movie 2012. I would like to approach something like this with that sort of awesomness!

top topics

join