It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is not my fault your parents and church beat you with a bible.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Pinke

Dear Pinke,

As an Atheist I'm pretty tired of being told what I believe, too. From the posts I can't tell, but I would kinda hope that your point about understanding also extends to Atheists rather than just against. I suspect you're not intending offense.

No, I was not intending to offend anyone. Many Atheists I know were taught BAD theology and then quote the bad theology that the were taught as if it were truth. Many christians were also taught bad theology and repeat it as if it were true. Many atheists were also taught good theology; but, simply do not believe the bible.

As for what Atheists believe, there are as many beliefs as there are people. I ask people what they believe or ask them questions (ergo my moniker). I have had many Atheists on this site come onto my threads, tell me that they are unbiased and then attempt to ask trick questions. I go back, look at their prior posts on other threads and it is apparent that have lied to me. I have also had many sincere Atheists and believers ask sincere questions and engage in meaningful conversations. If you doubt me, go back to my profile and read my posts.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
I try to be patient; but, I am so tired of being told what "Christians" believe. One would have to be seriously ignorant to think that one billion people all believe the exact same thing, no variations. That is stupid. Does anyone think the same at 30 that they did at 5? It is no better to be an ignorant and bigoted atheist then it is to be an ignorant and bigoted Christian or Jew or Muslim or whatever.

Your parents may have beat you and told you the bible said it was okay, that doesn't mean they were right. I am not responsible for every idiot that claims to be a christian. Stop being ignorant and telling us what Christians think, try asking us, you will discover that we have varying views. I certainly do not claim to be all knowing so how can I know anything perfectly? How could any of us?

Jesus did not come to say that the church of his day had it right, he came to say that they had forgotten the real message, the one of love and salvation. It is no different today. As for idiots who they think they are christians, please tell me how many unforgivable sins there are? The bible says there is only one, do you think it is spelling or pronouncing God's name wrong? Do you think it is being gay or drinking alcohol? Do you think it is being sinless for Paul says he is the greatest sinner of all and Moses was punished for his sin and was not allowed to enter Israel, yet, we know he was saved.

What is wrong with a world where people are busy being cute and insincere? Honest conversations are good, try having one rather than trying to prove a point.

You don't hear from the Lord, do you? Don't lie.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
reply to post by scmoG

Dear scmoG,

I had a near death experience. I will never discuss the specifics on ATS. I do not believe NDEs are evidence of anything for anyone other than the person who had it. I will not even discuss it with the people I preach to. I have also spoken to others who have NDE or at least claim to have, some I believe and some I do not. I listen for certain key comments. I have told you the truth; but, you will have to determine the answer.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by scmoG

Dear scmoG,

One of my favorite lines is from the television show "The Prisoner".

YouTube - The Prisoner 1967 Best Intro Excerpt - Leo McKern

That would be telling.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by Pinke

Many Atheists I know were taught BAD theology and then quote the bad theology that the were taught as if it were truth.

Yes, a lot of persons identify as Atheist who haven't performed enough reading or research to qualify that belief. Being Atheist isn't so bad I suppose since is easy to distance myself from this since we don't share philosophy necessary ... but I agree is problem on all sides.

I have had many Atheists on this site come onto my threads, tell me that they are unbiased and then attempt to ask trick questions.

For some persons I think discussions about belief is about 'winning' all the time. I think for whatever reason those people forget how much it can damage a person losing their beliefs suddenly.

If you doubt me, go back to my profile and read my posts.

Nope, don't doubt at all. You remind me of Charles who is one of my favorite Christian posting persons on ATS, because the conversations we have never really turn hostile.

Sometimes I think about starting a 'Meet an Atheist' thread simply cos I think if people if all beliefs talked more about other things before discussing their beliefs it would help an awful lot with the stereotypes ... ie ... All Christians are opinionated bigots. All Atheists have no sense of morality. All Muslims have a spare suicide jacket in their car.

Thanks for the reply.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join