It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patriots Are In A Conspiracy Against One Nation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
You can't refute that titled statement.

If you are a patriot of your nation over a patriot of the globe, then you ought to be ashamed of yourself. You are the reason there is no one nation yet. You are anti-one nation. Anti-one nations means more problems and more wars.

People being patriots not of the globe (HOME) is never going to pay off. GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK HEADS!

World leaders need to put all their difference aside and come together with a one nation regime.

All one nation is is all the world leaders joined together to form one nation for the people of the entire globe.

Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
My thoughts:

These people are gonna call you an Illuminati supporter . . .

These people will ask if you're a disinfo agent . . .

These people will ignore the fact that a disinfo agent would not have made the grammatical mistakes that you have made... or would he?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Humanity is still incapable of realistically seeing what's beyond their own schoolyard fences. I believe us to be far too immature to create a global society which is void of squabbling over marbles.

Unfortunately.

If we have another millennia or two, we might graduate to the status of Universal Adults.
edit on 19/11/12 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

OP, here on ATS we can't get people to agree on any give topic. How would you enforce complience in this new world?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
One size fits all? One set of laws we all are subjected to? One Nation? No, thanks. Respect for each individual, free to make his own choices, take his own risks, and pursue his own ideals.

edit on 19-11-2012 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
What makes you think the world leaders have the peoples interests at heart?

The idea of a one world government being a positive is simply not realistic in our current reality. Think of criminal syndicates. They compete with one another but their objective is to gain as much profit as possible for themselves with little regard for everyone else. We see that with governments world wide, Simply having them join forces doesn't somehow improve the situation. Having criminals unify and come together as one puts us all at greater risk.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Ideally, you're right. People should be concerned with humanity/Earth above nationalism...

But I'm very skeptical of our ability to legislate this form of philosophy and institutionalize it. The fact that there are various nations isn't the problem, and a one world government wouldn't solve anything right now. The problem is people's attitude toward the world, toward others. Creating a one world government wouldn't do anything to temper the resentment between the Israelis and Palestinians, for example.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:37 PM
link   
No good thing can come from a one world government with humanity as it is now. We would be further enslaved by evil rulers with no hope of escape.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I see nothing the matter with being a patriot.I am sick to death of people trying to erode individual countries cultures.If you are not proud of the country you come from I think that there is something the matter with you.
Multicultural Marxism is your one world nonsense.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Great idea! Especially since the whole world is getting along so well already!
Think about all of the different cultures, tribes, viewpoints, rules of law, prominent religions or no religion at all, on and on and on. How do you suggest merging all of that? And by the way, how do you merge a country that believes a woman can be stoned for showing her ankles with one where women can walk around in bikinis? How does that work?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
What is a "patriot of the globe"? Don't we all love Mother Earth, except for the money-grubbing industrialists who don't care what damage they do, as long as their bottom line is fat? I don't get what you're driving at.

We're all on this planet together....HOWEVER:

Having a few people in charge of the entire planet is a bad idea, because absolute power corrupts absolutely. As another poster pointed out, "one size fits all" just isn't going to work.

Well, it works in science fiction, when there are many worlds and we are but one of them, but in reality, people do not know how to handle power. It must be diffused among many, otherwise our world will be like one big restrictive jail. No thanks.

I'm more likely to support smaller, more regional government. Examine how the US government has gone rogue with their global overreach. I think we need to move in the opposite direction.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by WarJohn
Your thoughts?

Maybe in the year 5012 ?

It's a marvelous idea but we the people are still infants when it comes to unification. Therefore we must first learn how to be good and truthful patriots of our 'little' countries otherwise we won't ever be able to be patriotic of the 'big' one. Because, and i quote, It is the duty of every patriot to protect his country from its government.
edit on 19-11-2012 by Exitt because: .

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

Oh no! not another globie.

I like my sovereignty. thanks.

new topics

top topics

join