It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Islamism

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Octoneo

Non-Muslims in an Islamic state can actually do whatever they want as long as it doesn't interfere with the public sphere.

Define public sphere. So clubs, bars, etc, wouldn't exist, since that constitutes the public sphere.

Cinemas and singing aren't against Islam by the way, though some uneducated Muslims think so.

Tell Hamas that. Singing, dancing, anything western, is outlawed.

Which Sunni school of jurisprudence teaches differently? I'm under the impression that most Sunni schools of shari'a regard singing/dance as forbidden.

This of course isn't the situation with Shia Islam.

If you haven't figured it out by now, I am a very devout Muslim. I'm a little unorthodox though, since I've actually studied the Quran unlike most.

No, I've figured it out. And yes, I can tell you're unorthodox.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Originally posted by dontreally
reply to post by Octoneo

Define public sphere. So clubs, bars, etc, wouldn't exist, since that constitutes the public sphere.

It could probably be done in the right circumstances.

Tell Hamas that. Singing, dancing, anything western, is outlawed.

Which Sunni school of jurisprudence teaches differently? I'm under the impression that most Sunni schools of shari'a regard singing/dance as forbidden.

This of course isn't the situation with Shia Islam.

Hamas is an idiot.

Dividing into sects is forbidden in Islam, as the Quran clearly stated. Nothing in the Quran mentions anything about forbidding singing etc. The Quran itself is one giant poem.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Octoneo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
I'll give you one simple reason why Islamism needs to be opposed.

Just as Islamist say that Jews can't have Jerusalem without changing Islam; even more so, to remove world domination from the prerogative of Islam would defeat the whole premise of Islam (which means 'submission', i.e not simply voluntary, but also involuntary)

I realize you love your religion. I'm sensitive to that. I'm not referring to people like you, but to people who follow the same religion but apply it's medieval principles to the modern day situation.

They literally want a one world caliphate, as Sayd Qutb said.

This simply cannot be ignored.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dontreally
I'll give you one simple reason why Islamism needs to be opposed.

Just as Islamist say that Jews can't have Jerusalem without changing Islam; even more so, to remove world domination from the prerogative of Islam would defeat the whole premise of Islam (which means 'submission', i.e not simply voluntary, but also involuntary)

I realize you love your religion. I'm sensitive to that. I'm not referring to people like you, but to people who follow the same religion but apply it's medieval principles to the modern day situation.

They literally want a one world caliphate, as Sayd Qutb said.

This simply cannot be ignored.

I don't know where you get the idea that world domination is a part of Islam. It's actually against Islam as Islam only permits war when people agrees against you. And when you do go to war, it is forbidden to harm those you are not actually fighting (women and children, for example) and after you win it's forbidden to force anyone to convert.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Octoneo

If you haven't figured it out by now, I am a very devout Muslim. I'm a little unorthodox though, since I've actually studied the Quran unlike most.

Ok, this is CRITICAL to this discussion continuing; if you fail to make this distinction, I will not bother talking to a wall.

The Islam you follow does not demand world domination; Is Islam destined to rule the world? That's what the Islamists believe. I know to you the idea is anathema, and false, but unfortunately for you, you are only one person, you don't represent the group of people called "Islamists" who follow the writings of Hassan Al Bannah, and especially Sayed Qutb, and is generally represented by the Muslim Brotherhood.

You speak as if this group doesn't exist, as if we should have nothing to fear about this, although they express their wishes after establishing a caliphate, to expand the caliphate; whether this is done through expansionist wars, or proselytization is hard to say; but one would be compelled, given the aberrant phenomena of Islamic suicide bombings, that a Caliphate would extremely belligerent to non-Muslim states.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
People have to understand this, if liberals are serious about keeping their ideals alive, they are going to have to learn how to actually make that happen - this doesn't involve pity parties for a religious group that goes against their ideals.

I have met good Muslims, this is true, but the regimes are very extremist - much more extremist than Bush by FAR. I heard from a friend that this was because someone decided to turn Islam into a political machine to help them gain power, but I don't remember his name.

I don't see the problem with having different zones for different political philosophies, however. I think that it is a great idea to diversify the Earth into many different cultures. Maybe wars would stop when people set up a system where all cultures are accepted and people can move freely to where they choose to live.
edit on 21-11-2012 by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 07:35 AM
link   
I have nothing against islam.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

Take your agenda somewhere else please. You are so blind you can't see or don't want to see whats happening around you, your threads are always taking sides even thought you deny this. Every discussion you come to you always start spamming with false information and bash islam or anything except the US or Israel or anything that is against these two countries.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:13 PM
link   
People who support Islam never mention how it holds women down. Killing little girls for reading, murdering wives who were raped, honor killing daughters for being to sexy.

Supporting Islam is to support the abuse of women and backing the murder of freedom. Israel should over take Gaza and finally put these animals down.

Hamas is the modern day Nazi that doesn't mind setting up children to be bomb just to make headlines. Islam helps one develop a middle evil uneducated mind that loves to degrade women.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bkprice
People who support Islam never mention how it holds women down. Killing little girls for reading, murdering wives who were raped, honor killing daughters for being to sexy.

Supporting Islam is to support the abuse of women and backing the murder of freedom. Israel should over take Gaza and finally put these animals down.

Hamas is the modern day Nazi that doesn't mind setting up children to be bomb just to make headlines. Islam helps one develop a middle evil uneducated mind that loves to degrade women.

Those things you mentioned are actually against Islam and worthy of hell according to the Quran.

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by dontreally

There is an inherent contradiction in your belief system in that case, because Zionism is political. It is embedded more so in political doctrine than religious thought. None-the-less, I see you championing Zionism on these forums fairly often.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join