It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

9 gigapixels, 84 million stars: Peer into the world’s most detailed photo of the Milky Way..!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 03:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jazzguy

Obviously YOU have NO understanding of scale or resolution of pictures
(shakes head)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by MessOnTheFED!
YEP, I'm sure of it now. The earth is 6000 years old. Theres no way arount that fact.

MOTF!

Yep, and all of that order happened by random chance, when nothing exploded billions of years ago

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 06:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Snoopy1978
Awesome picture. thank you for this!

Still the mouth breathers believe we are the lone, center of "creation". Yep, life cant exist out there! Little green men??? LoL

Yes, its very awesome. When confronted with such limitless breathtaking beauty, I too feel a sort of primal urge to shrink back down to the infancy of my species evolution and start hurling insults at my fellow people. I mean, sure, this picture is neat and all, but we still have to remember to uphold the status quo... After all, could you imagine the pandemonium that would ensue if people forgot who was supposed to hate who? It would be crazier than Ridiculous Day down at the deli... Prices were so low, it was ridiculous!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by wmd_2008
reply to post by jazzguy

Obviously YOU have NO understanding of scale or resolution of pictures
(shakes head)

So there you are, going about your day, when you happen to notice someone who seems to lack a certain piece knowledge which you yourself happened to have the chance to absorb at some point during your life, and suddenly a great idea pops into your head and your brain tells yourself "Aha! I know what to do in THIS situation! Watch this! Presto...Change-o!"

And you mean to tell me this story ends with you opening up a dialog with that person so that you may inform them that they are ignorant in the ways of a specific discipline in which you yourself have been thoroughly schooled, only to then go running off into the night, cackling like a madman at your own small triumph?

Is this why mankind seek knowledge...so that they may have the right to put little giggly faces at the end of their sentences as a badge of their self proclaimed superiority? What good is it if you do not use it for the power of good, first and foremost by sharing that knowledge with others?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by kingofmd

Ebb and flow baby. All things equilize over time. The reason we are here is our planet happened to equalize in the right spot.

MOTF!
edit on 20-11-2012 by MessOnTheFED! because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   
If life is never found out there ill give a tramp a £1 million.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

No OH smart one I was having a dig at his dig at NASA that's what I wanted to do, if you are going to make claims like him he should do some research to back up his assumption

Seriously I think you should have a look a some of your own posts to others before commenting on mine

edit on 20-11-2012 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   

This is just incredible... some 84 million stars in this photo.

If you believe that, I have a bridge in Brooklyn you might be interested in. I doubt there are any stars in there at all, just planets, moons, asteroids, lumps of rock and debris, and dust. They still can not prove that the nearest 'stars', only 4 LY away are really stars, so why believe all those little specks are? Read Bahram Katirais "Revolution in Astronomy" and do some serious thinking. NASA, ESA, whoever, it is all make believe, eye candy to make you think your tax payer dollars are actually achieving something useful.

astronomyinformation.org...

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Please forgive my ignorance
I have a question.

O.K. If we have just recently had space craft
leaving our own 'solar system' (Voyager 1-2).
How are we getting images of the entire
'Milky way Galaxy' ?

Thank you.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by fluff007

I'm gonna need a bigger monitor!

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 04:55 PM
link   
HELLO ?

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Please continue this conversation in This Existing Thread.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join