It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Air Force releases report on widespread sexual abuse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Amid the Petraeus scandal, report finds "ever present" power abuses at Lackland recruit training base.

Eleven basic training instructors have been charged with offenses ranging from inappropriate touching of female recruits to rape. Two commanding officers have been removed, and Air Force Gen. Edward A. Rice Jr., commander of Air Education and Training Command, said at a press conference Wednesday that six more have received “disciplinary action.” Forty-eight women — some as young as 17 or 18 years old — have come forward with stories of sexual misconduct.

More fallout to come.

The scandal is considered the worst in the military in over a decade but, as Reuters noted, “the disclosures of harassment and abuse at the Air Force base have been overshadowed by the abrupt resignation of Petraeus.”

Air Force discloses widespread sexual abuse

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Jaellma

As the days go by more and more reports come out retelling the stories of ritualistic satanic abuse in the military industrial complex, sad but true.

Then, the Aquino bombshell: "Well, then there was a man by the name of Michael Aquino. He was in the military. He had top Pentagon clearances. He was a pedophile. He was a Satanist. He's founded the Temple of Set. And he was a close friend of Anton LaVey. The two of them were very active in ritualistic sexual abuse. And they deferred funding from this government program to use this experimentation on children.

SS

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This has been going on for at least a year. The initial reports of abuse at Lackland came out late last year, and the Air Force quickly stepped up and started removing people. It was primarily the drill instructors (Lackland is one of the basic training bases of the USAF), but the commanders were aware of it, and did nothing.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Sexual misconduct yes
However before we start screaming rape or sex offender at all those involved
I have worked in training in the past and although never propositioned myself ( meh I must be rats
)
I know many a instructor that has been by recruits and trainees when it comes to assessments and tests where failure would result in re-coursing back to the class behind or further or dismissal

One example was a female candidate due to take her weapon proficiency test, entered the classroom, approached the staff and said words to the effect " I know I'm not going to pass ........so anything you want I'll do"
And this happens very VERY frequently to the point that 2 examiners now sit in assessments ........but that's ended in offers of 3sums

Yes it's wrong by the staff .........however men are men and we are all grown ups........but yes it's wrong, unethical and sexual misconduct ..........but not really rape or a sexual assault

But then the flip side
While in afghan during a stop over at Kandahar airbase a female was raped and had both her arms and legs broken.
Rape is a weekly occurrence at many of the larger bases in afghan and elsewhere ......especially among the Americans ( although not exclusively )............last time I was there, I ......being a male, even got given a rape alarm ( meh perhaps I'm not so rats .......to the guys anyway
)

edit on 19-11-2012 by Neocrusader because: Removed reply to

edit on 19-11-2012 by Neocrusader because: Added

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
My eldest daughter was in the Air Force. Lackland AFB is the only place in the US where Air Force recruits go through boot camp, so if anything weird was going on, that would be the base where it is the worst.

She was trained as a turbo prop mechanic, an area where there are very few women. She was the only female in her class. She told me on many occasions that there was constant sexual harassment from her fellow airmen, the officer in charge was aware and thought it was funny. My kid's a tough cookie, but she said the filth that she had to hear on a daily basis while she was trying to learn the job really got to her. She was not raped, as she is a very proficient kick boxer and would have hurt them as bad as they hurt her, but it was the environment of constant harassment, dirty talk, and pressure for dates that wore her down.

She was good at her job, did as well as the men did, but it was the marathon of having a bunch of leering, dirty-talking creeps that finally made her request to be moved to an office position where there were other women around, so she wouldn't be the only target.

I begged her to report these creeps and the idiot in charge who allowed this filth-fest to go on in a learning environment, but she said she wasn't a "rat", and didn't want to ruin anybody's career or go through the hassle of telling on them, she just wanted to get away from it. I guess that's the mindset of the military: Take your abuse and don't say anything to anybody.

She was summarily removed from what looked like a pretty cool job that she was good at, to do some lame office work, and finally at the Lackland airport, checking people's bags and loading them on aircraft. She stayed for the amount of time it took her to receive full GI benefits, then she married her boyfriend who was in the Army, and they allowed her to do the rest of her time as a reservist.

It all worked out for her, as she ended up getting her bachelor of science degree in IT, Magna Cum Laude, and is out now in the civilian world, but I still remember all those emails from her, both from Lackland AFB and later from Yakota AFB in Japan, in which she described the constant bullcrap and sexual harassment from her peers, which was not only overlooked, but was viewed with amusement by the higher-ups, and I get very angry.

Had she not had a solid background of self-defense, she may have been a rape victim as well.

The Air Force needs to be shaken up from the top on down, and these disgusting perverts who still think it is 1950 need to be removed. Until they get the cockroaches out of the place, it will be an unfair and difficult environment for any female enlistee.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FissionSurplus

It's every service, not just the Air Force. It's just the Air Force that it came out about. But I agree there needs to be a major overhaul of the command staff.

top topics

join