It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel needs to 'flatten all of Gaza

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by curiousrb

Israel needs to "flatten all of Gaza" in order to spare the lives of Israeli soldiers and civilians, according to one of the sons of former Israeli Prime Minister Ariel Sharon.

Why is a former PM sons stupid opinion worth this type of attention.(yes thats my opinion)

If it were coming from someone in a position of power then I`d understand.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by maxpayne00

Max Payne,i thought the exact same way you did,till about 2 years ago-that poor Israel is always the innocent victimised underdog,and i think this is partly because during a bad time in my country's history,they were practically our only ally.But ive seen and learnt by now,that this nation is no underdog.Go to your tv set,watch the bleeding,dying toddlers and babies,really watch-then tell me again,that their extermination is Really the best option? As if they were cockroaches? If you really feel that way still,so be it,i guess its your right.I know I WAS WRONG ON THAT SCORE though,and im not ashamed to admit it.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:33 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

Just because he is the only one verbally saying it, it does not mean that the idea should be thrown out that perhaps this is on the agenda of other leaders?

I think it's worrying coming from someone who has ties with the political side of Israel.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 02:45 AM
link   
reply to post by gps777

I know what you mean but this kind of behavior needs to be recognised. Especially when it's promoting mass murder/genocide or whatever you like o call it.

And themadnut is right. It is worrying coming from someone with ties in the political side of Israel.

But perhaps it's okay suggesting the idea of genocide is right. What if Obama's children suggested genocide in about 6 years time when he's out of office? Would it not concern you?

Do the people in this video deserve what is happening to them?
www.nzherald.co.nz...

Oh and one last thing. Hitler was put in jail once. Look at the misery he caused as a leader. Don't discredit his ability to act on something like this die to where he is now.

edit on 19-11-2012 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   
The people of gaza elected a terrorist organisation as there elected leaders they knew of there terrorist ties before they were elected yes I don't want to see innocent people killed but what can you do when Hamas plants rockets and weapons in civilian built up areas surrounded by innocent people that's not the fault of Israel same as Iran before the 79 cou of the sha of Iran it was a paradise until the fanatics overthrew him and they moved in how can anybody justify a religion that stones women for petty crimes and trys to impose sharia law where ever it goes they follow a fanatical religion that is spreading through out the world like a virus and Israel and her allies are the cure

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:47 AM
link   
The nobody who made these outrageous statements is Gilad Sharon. Who's Gilad Sharon? I've never heard of him, he doesn't even have a wikipedia page, he's nobody, don't blow the words of a psychopath out of proportion and claim it's a "Public Figure of Israel", as if any official of Israel would say this, this is a twisted piece of tabloid journalism at it's worst. No Israeli wants this, Israelis want peace, worldwide, peace for all, except for the few radicals, the few radicals exist in all nations btw, putting them on a pedestal is clearly a political move, only the sheep would eat up this pile of rubbish.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
Some one needs to go in that region & disarm both side's. Breaks my heart having to see innocent children & innocent civilians getting killed from both side's

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:13 AM
link   
reply to post by curiousrb

Israel needs to flatten Gaza then next it can flatten Lebanon and next it can flatten Syria and next it can flatten Iran and then all of others will give in and all the middle east becomes a big Israel and whoever owns the middle east it can rule over the world ! that is it !! the stupid idea of greater Israel from Nile to Euphrates

edit on 19-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-11-2012 by maes2 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Do you have a wikipedia page? If not, you must be a no body.
Well according to your description.

Don't judge someones capability by their current fame.

Like I said earlier. Hitler didn't become famous until 1925 after he wrote his book ''Mein Kampf''
A good 20 years later and he was responsible for plunging the world into war and could have been trialled for the murder of 6 million (as far as we know)

He started off by being vocal, and rallying. Who knows what's to come.

Just because it's not being talked about by current politicians in Israel, doesn't mean it isn;t being discussed by those who are more kept in the loop. I doubt you know the agenda of the Israeli government. However I may also be wrong and I doubt they will act in that way on such events without being attacked on a larger scale.

However the reason I posted this is because I believe it could be of interest to many people.
Perhaps this is a similar view between a lot of Israeli's. I don't know. But I think it's a powerful statement made by someone who could or not become a powerful person in the near or distant future.

You could have just alerted the thread to have it removed if you think it's not an informative thread or important.

I like to think of his statements as an unraveling of tension between the two sides as the conflict pans out.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Razimus

Michael Ben-Ari, wikipedia

As you can see from the blogpost and the comments, this is not representative for the majority of the people of Israel, but it it is still part of the political spectrum and with this, part of the reality of the conflict.

+972

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Israel needs to learn a little diplomacy and very fast. The tides have turned against them with the Arab Spring. They cannot win a war against the middle east..

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:48 AM
link   

In all, 84 Palestinians, half of them civilians, have been killed in the five-day onslaught and 720 have been wounded. Three Israeli civilians have died from Palestinian rocket fire and dozens have been wounded.

It may just be me but something doesn't add up.....

Source

Who look like the aggressors to you?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:42 PM
link   
relevant...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   

If the Jews were ever in a time when they needed their much awaited Messiah it would be now because only an act of God can solve this Middle Eastern mess. Evil men are in power in both Gaza and Israel, and the same goes for every damn Gov't/Military on this planet.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The word "genocide" is being thrown around incorrectly I believe along with saying "terrorist act". But it does make people pay attention when you say it which I guess is the reason it is being said.

Think I will check some news sites to get a full perspective on this. This thread is to slanted for my taste but thanks for the source.

FYI a nuclear strike would never be used if for no other reason than the proximity to themselves. IMO it is just a bunch of talk. Venting anger.
edit on 20-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: add

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You can't be serious?

Genocide: The deliberate killing of a large group of people, esp. those of a particular ethnic group or nation.

I think genocide is 100% accurate to describe Sharon's ambition.

It is a bit slanted, only because of the way Israeli's are seen as the good guys even though the whole portrayal of the event is entirely misleading. Most places you'll find Gaza' aggression is being played up. Look at the statistics posted twice on the thread. So yes it is a one sided argument, but only to purely show the conflict is a lot more than that Gaza letting off a few rockets.

I never said anything would be acted on either. If Israel did let off a nuclear missile, they would be straight away tormented. I don't believe much or any thing will be acted on. I just though they were interesting statements made by the son of a former prime minister.
edit on 21-11-2012 by curiousrb because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Nope I am pretty sure the word is being used incorrectly. I had looked it up before I had posted to make sure so I stand by my statement.

I had checked a couple different sites first and they all said pretty much the same thing but this site was more in depth.link

The term is more in depth than just a large group as you stated.

Who look like the aggressors to you?

Doesn’t tell me who the aggressors are but it is indicative of who is winning and how well each side is equipped. Wars and battles neither are generally fair nor are they designed to be. Sports are designed for fairness not life and death struggles. The only fair wars are those portrayed in books and movies.
edit on 22-11-2012 by Grimpachi because: refrase

posted on Nov, 22 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Grimpachi

You are missing the point completely here.

For a start your own link you added, talks about different concepts around the meaning of genocide. ''Flatening all of gaza'' I'm pretty sure would be counted as genocide as in your link it says

Article 2 of this convention defines genocide as "any of the following acts committed with intent to destroy, in whole or in part, a national, ethnical, racial or religious group, as such: killing members of the group; causing serious bodily or mental harm to members of the group; deliberately inflicting on the group conditions of life, calculated to bring about its physical destruction in whole or in part; imposing measures intended to prevent births within the group; [and] forcibly transferring children of the group to another group."

I believe it fits every category up until the ''transferring children''. You do realize the effects of a nuclear strike? That would most certainly prevent births. While radiation from the strike wouldn't cause gametic mutations, it would cause somatic mutations in people living in the affected environment. This would prevent births greatly as un-borns in a womb can still contract somatic mutations from the radiated environment. It causes serious harm and would kill members of the group (Palestinians).

Even though it doesn't tick the transferring of children to another group it can be considered genocide. For a start, we don't even know what the survivors of a nuclear strike would do. Also this is definition by law. For one thing I think it's pointless bringing up something so irrelevant and does not make much difference to the story. Mass murder of a race. I don't think it matters either way. The point is still conveyed.

You didn't realize that this thread was not about who's the aggressor and those posts were there just to inform. The thread is to show the outrageous comments made by someone with political ties. While they are small ties, it is interesting he would say something like that. The other point in this thread I brought up was the fact that Gaza is being portrayed as people that are on a killing spree and must be stopped. The statistics show that this is not true. Yes some of the Palestinians are fueled on violence but its the same both ways. That's why I had to mention to you earlier that the thread is a little bit slanted. How can it not be slanted? Should I have said ''Israel needs to flatten all of gaza'' ''But that's okay because Israel are good guys''. No that would make me contradict myself. It's like if the USA went to New Zealand and took them over leaving them with half of the North Island. After being treated like c**p the NZ'ers send a missile into their own land that should be theirs. In return they have about 5 come there way. Israel is in the wrong.

I apologize for being misleading by using the word genocide. I think it applies though and others will too. Others wont mind because they realize what I mean. And some will feel the need to correct me and that's okay. But i stand by genocide being an appropriate term.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Perhaps those who are saying he is a nobody would like to see this?

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Another minister a while back said something similar.

But now I guess you'll bring out the ''that was ages ago'' card.

<< 1   >>

join