It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A message to mankind

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Yes, the road up ahead is a rough one, don't think there will be a way out of it. from where the spark would start. i wonder.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Ladies and Gentlemen, The President of The United States !

The smallest moment can have the biggest impact on a child's life ?

edit on 19-11-2012 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
World Wars, and wars in general, are a natural part of existing in an environment that requires an equilibrium be maintained between it and its inhabitants. Human beings need their numbers culled periodically if they're to continue to survive in Earth's biome. No matter can be destroyed or created. As such, people cannot keep increasing their numbers without it becoming a critical mass relative to the environment that sustains them. See: China, for what drastic measures overpopulation can (and will) result in.

This is a difficult concept for many to grasp, as it flies in the face of their innate instinct for the furtherment of their own species. The paradox is - much like in the case of, say, rabbit populations - the species must be kept in check or, as Agent Smith to affectionately suggested, human beings risk becoming a veritable virus that consumes all it comes into contact with, ultimately resulting in... fin.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
People in power don't give a damn about their own children let alone anyone elses. Who's to blame....Everyone of us.... For letting all this continue to go on, from the arm chair general to the soldiers on the front lines. Especially the soldiers on the front lines, I know I myself am not out there around the world following orders and killing people, but as noble as our soldiers are thats their job and sometimes either on purpose or by accident children get killed. So to quickly put an end to it simply lay down your weapons, refuse to go to war unless all other avenues have been exhausted. Stop following idiot orders that you know in your gut are not right. God it seems I have said this thousands of times over the course of my time here at ats, but it always falls on deaf ears. And to add, no I am not dissing our men and women who defend our countries, but sometimes enough is enough, and wars cannot be fought without you on the front line now can they....

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Man that song totally brought me back to one of my favorite movies....Kelly's Heroes....thx
for the song alone!

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BeneathBaseStupidity

I agree your post is beneath base stupidity. I knew you were coming or people like you. People who possess no soul. No empathy. No remorse. I would rather let nature take it's course than to see bombed out out school yards.
Your post is despicable, uncaring and unwelcome. You have you're self a grand ole day now. K?

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel
People in power don't give a damn about their own children let alone anyone elses. Who's to blame....Everyone of us.... For letting all this continue to go on, from the arm chair general to the soldiers on the front lines. Especially the soldiers on the front lines, I know I myself am not out there around the world following orders and killing people, but as noble as our soldiers are thats their job and sometimes either on purpose or by accident children get killed. So to quickly put an end to it simply lay down your weapons, refuse to go to war unless all other avenues have been exhausted. Stop following idiot orders that you know in your gut are not right. God it seems I have said this thousands of times over the course of my time here at ats, but it always falls on deaf ears. And to add, no I am not dissing our men and women who defend our countries, but sometimes enough is enough, and wars cannot be fought without you on the front line now can they....

" If soldiers ever learn to think for themselves ? There will be none left in the ranks."
Ferdinand The Great

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Star and Flag and I just wanted to say Thank you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
So the question is, what are we going to do about it? I guess that is a question everyone must answer for themselves.

One thing in my opinion is not to take the weight of the world upon your shoulders alone. I can't change the world by myself, but there are things i can do from where i stand right now to make it a little better. For the people around me, the work i do or whatever influences i have and how their effects ripple outwards.

The cards have been dealt, the game must be played out. Some things will be out of our control, but at the same time, I do not think all hope is lost yet. The battle and show goes ever onwards. Just remember the show can be beautiful as well, which makes the senselessness of the violence all the more tragic. Death gives meaning to life, because one day we will all be gone from this one, and the impressions we leave upon this world will be all that may remain of us here.

And all we have to make those impressions, is the time we are given to spend making them, and that time is now, and it has never not been now.

Thank you for bringing the elephant in the living room to some attention, i just also would wish that people don't let things overwhelm them because then it limits our ability to be effective. Without hope all hope is lost. The joy and the sorrow, embrace it all. One day our time will come as well.

Much Love & Respect out to all. Apologies for the cryptic tone of this post, but know that i feel you on this one, for sure. And i think more people than you might think do as well.

Peace.~

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Humankind is kind of a flawed race, actually. I spent my youth blissfully unaware of what other people were thinking, and it was good. I mean we are all flawed, some more than others, but as a whole there is a remarkable inability to understand the true nature of things and a strange habit of banding together under common "belief" systems.

I'm sure there are other alien races out there with completely different psychological profiles than humans.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:05 PM
link   
We shall always be Human...with all the beauty and ugliness that entails...

The true question is...what does it take for us to practice being Humane?

Fear is what robs us of our humane, human virtues...
We cease to be upright, and in our Fear revert to our animal nature...

Scarcity inspires this fear...

Scarcity appears to us in many forms...such as food, shelter, energy and all manner of material needs...
Also it appears in non materials forms...knowledge, wisdom, security and leadership...to name a few...

The rulers and the leaders know this fact well, and hence struggle with each other to maintain their portion, for themselves and their peoples... It is here that rises the specter of war...

When we can free ourselves from scarcity of the things we need to survive and flourish...or remove those needs entirely...then will Humanity walk upright into it's own fruition of Body and Spirit...

Until that time, ours is but a practice of, and Faith in, the Spirit of Human Virtue; whilst we tread the crooked path within Creation...

I pray you, once in a while, practice Faith in the value of Humanity, and being Humane...
For when you do, you will give testament and creedence to the future of our namesake and indeed our collective spirit...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Your video made me cry and shake with rage, I'm still shaking.

I wrote....I deted......I don't know what to think

Do No Harm..............please

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Khurzon

I pray you, once in a while, practice Faith in the value of Humanity, and being Humane... For when you do, you will give testament and creedence to the future of our namesake and indeed our collective spirit...

Indeed, Bravo to your amazing words, no matter what ever spirit you said them from. I am continually stunned by the absolute genius I come in contact with here, no, RIGHT HERE ON ATS ! The three posts above are true to what I write. Excellent posting and I thank you all for giving this thread your time and attention. I've got you all thinking about that, " Elephant " and I promise not to quit thinking about it. And if I can think of some way to make a larger statement to the world ? Well that would be something worth making some headlines with wouldn't it.
Save anything violent of course.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AussieAmandaC

Your video made me cry and shake with rage, I'm still shaking.

That's it. That's what everyone on the planet needs to feel. You got it.
Now spread it. Make people look at it. I thought I would die with all the hate in my veins But I love you.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeadSeraph
reply to post by randyvs

Was thinking of putting together a thread just like this. I've been paralyzed all weekend with a deep depression over precisely what you are talking about here.

I've felt the same way for the last few days, just a general unease and deep sorrow about what's going on in the world. Also a feeling of helplessness to change any of it.
I wouldn't consider it much of a surprise if many people on ATS and elsewhere were feeling the same way, it seems that moods are subject to ebbs and flows as much as the tides.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
"To be a man in such times is to be one amongst untold billions. It is to live in the cruellest and most bloody regime imaginable. These are the tales of those times. Forget the power of technology and science, for so much has been forgotten, never to be re-learned. Forget the promise of progress and understanding, for in the grim dark future there is only war. There is no peace amongst the stars, only en eternity of carnage and slaughter, and the laughter of thirsting gods."
Forward from the Warhammer 40,000 novels.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

if that was going on here... i would be the first to fight back even if i did get smoked by a drone

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:56 PM
link   
At this point I'd like to challenge members and guests alike to really put your heads into this post. Think outside the box or with-in and come up with something, anything, one person can do to make this world stop. And think. If only for one minute. There has to be away someone can effect this horror. It has to be done.

Votan

if that was going on here... i would be the first to fight back even if i did get smoked by a drone

I would gladly give up the days I have left to save just one child from this crap. I truly would.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

And I can't believe I have to ask this question, but am I like the exception and not the rule? What the hell is wrong with humanity ? And how can any human being of a secular nature, even entertain the thought for one second, that mankind is the sharpest knife in the drawer ? We don't even bother to get our kids out of the way of war, but some think intelligence is maxed out in us ! At that I must deny ignorance and claim the ultimate stupidity. Proud and haughty to be human ? Not ! And how could anyone even think to be so ? I am truly ashamed.

You are not alone. You are not the exception to the rule. Personally, I can't wrap my head around it at all. How have people become so disposable? One can get very lost in the despair that surrounds us. These images, they are doing a number on us all. If you let the mind go there, you can be driven mad. It's a deep dark hole to travel down my friend.

I don't know if people don't trust that they have the power any longer to make a difference. It almost seems to me that we've given up and are welcoming an end. I admit I have times when that's the only solution I see, then I think, if we, I, the collective do that, they win...whomever "They" are.

I don't have the answers, I just want to reitterate, you are not the only one feeling like this.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

A challenge you say!, I'll try and help point in the right dirrection. The route of the problems are the people who don't want things to change. There could be a few reasons for that. One would be that they enjoy the structure of power that they have, another is a lack of carring, sometimes it's simply that people don't think that they can change matters so they choose simply to ignore it out of belief that it can't change, or it might be that what they have is helping THEM right now. The list could go on, but at the end of the day it boils down to ignorance.

What's the only cure for ignorance?...............................................ATS

Everyone in the woorld need an ATS acount

All joking aside I trully believe the only cure for ignorance is truth. All the gov'ts of the whole world need to declassify every piece of information they have, tell the people the truth behind WHY they are doing what they are doing. At the end of the day we find out that we dont really have reason or cause for any of this anymore, we are simply fed collective capitalist rascism to justify a money grubbing ponzi scheme. I'm sick of all the casualties over NOTHING!!!!! IT'S PAPER FOR @#!$ SAKE'S. IT'S A MINERAL FOR @#!$ SAKE'S. Money is another HUGE problem in this equation. If we went back to bartering we wouldn't have people doing this for a little coin. Lower the incentive to just kill someone a group of people to make yourself independently wealthy.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join