It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Know Your Constitution - Defend Your Rights

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 9 2013 @ 10:20 AM
link   
Watched the first 2 and all I can say is WOW!

Will watch the 3rd this afternoon.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:23 PM
link   
As it is relevant to this post, the Militia is growing, we know our rights. Yet a few have taken advantage of the many. I have seen first hand on how traitors sneak their way into the Militia. They appeal to the "christian extremists" or the ignorant who hate all muslims and obviously do not know what a controlled demo looks like. These "few" make the "many" paranoid, and the many quickly forget what liberty is when we discuss Islam. They forget about religious freedom and preach hate. They consider anyone who dares raise the question of why we fight our wars, unless the answer is Islamic extremists, traitors.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by neo96
What?

All our rights come from Government

such sacrilege, and heresy

What? No where is that said or even been insinuated. The Constitution was meant to protect natural rights nowhere does it or anyone mentioned in this thread even hint that rights come from government.

Why don't you listen to a little bit of the videos or read some of the PDF and then make a more pertinent comment?

Wow this is so far from the truth I don't know where to start.

First of all, the rights in the Constitution were put there to protect people from the Constitution which they wouldn't need if they hadn't made it.

Therefore the Constitution takes away freedoms, it doesn't give them to you. Before this document all the power was within the States and the people, the Constitution literally stripped these away and gave it to the federal government which is why they had to add "some" protections for the people.

They initially didn't even want to include the Bill of Rights but Jefferson was going to walk with enough States that the Constitution would not be ratified so they had to add them in.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopechest

Originally posted by hawkiye

Originally posted by neo96
What?

All our rights come from Government

such sacrilege, and heresy

What? No where is that said or even been insinuated. The Constitution was meant to protect natural rights nowhere does it or anyone mentioned in this thread even hint that rights come from government.

Why don't you listen to a little bit of the videos or read some of the PDF and then make a more pertinent comment?

Wow this is so far from the truth I don't know where to start.

First of all, the rights in the Constitution were put there to protect people from the Constitution which they wouldn't need if they hadn't made it.

Therefore the Constitution takes away freedoms, it doesn't give them to you. Before this document all the power was within the States and the people, the Constitution literally stripped these away and gave it to the federal government which is why they had to add "some" protections for the people.

They initially didn't even want to include the Bill of Rights but Jefferson was going to walk with enough States that the Constitution would not be ratified so they had to add them in.

You are a bit confused. The constitution does not apply to the people it was the law the government was to adhere to. It illustrates rights that existed long before it was written and refers to more rights not listed in the Bill of rights i.e the 10th Amendment. It grants nothing in the way of rights but delegates some limited authority to the Federal government to act on behalf of the states under the close scrutiny of the congress but has been usurped and ignored.

Its not perfect there are some areas the need to be changed like the commerce clause for starters and giving government power over money. I am also a proponent of the AOC myself but the constitution is what we have to work with now and for the most part it is pretty good if we could get government to abide by its restrictions. However It warns government from messing with rights. etc. but its just a piece of paper and if people do not defend their rights they lose them as we see today.

its the best tool we have right now for defending our rights in the courts.

edit on 11-2-2013 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

Perhaps I misunderstood you then.

It seems we are in agreement after all. Good to know.

posted on Feb, 11 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

I am going to watch this American guy for sure,.. I always love a good Constitutional discussion in regards to the courts not enjoying 'us' having more knowledge than we should. Thanks for sharing.

Just wanted to add this Canadian version of this guy (it is also long but quite interesting)

Dean Clifford: Lectures
www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

www.youtube.com...

edit on 11-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

edit on 11-2-2013 by dianashay because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 7 2013 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is a thread that should stay on the front page. I know people think of this place as a conspiracy 'theory' forum, but the conspiracy facts need to be stuck on the front page to actually shed light on the dark. His arguments are valid. Learn them.

posted on May, 25 2019 @ 02:02 AM
link   
Freedom of religion, freedom of speech and the press, the right to assemble, the right to petition government.

edit on 25-5-2019 by mshafiq1 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join