It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Patas Monkey Dies after 2 break-in at a zoo..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:30 AM
link   

It really irritates me to no end to see people treating animals inhumanly. Even if they were just a bunch intruders thinking it was a game to break into a zoo gives them no excuse to beat a poor monkey who can't defend himself. Poor thing is so adorable I can't see how someone can be so cruel. Because these kids killed one of the Patas monkeys they are now are going to remove the other one to another location so he doesn't have to be left alone.

Monkey dies from blow to head after zoo break-in
By KEITH RIDLER | Associated Press – 10 hrs ago
BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A break-in at Zoo Boise early Saturday left a Patas monkey dead from blunt force trauma to the head and neck and police were analyzing blood found at the scene to determine if it came from the monkey or one of two human intruders.

Two males wearing dark clothing were spotted by a security guard at 4:30 a.m. outside the fence near the primate exhibit, police said. Both fled, one of them heading into the interior of the zoo. Boise police used a thermal imager in searching the 11-acre zoo grounds but didn't find the person.

news.yahoo.com...

edit on 18-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Daddy

I would find these kids and beat the crap outa them.
Killing my Monkey brothers grrrrrrrrr

I just hope the Patas monkey bit a chunk outa ones ballsack.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater

It really irritates me to no end to see people treating animals inhumanly. gives them no excuse to beat a poor monkey who can't defend himself. Poor thing is so adorable I can't see how someone can be so cruel.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

What part of "locking it in a cage as a public spectacle" do you consider "humane" treatment? You treat humans this way? And who is supposed to defend this poor adorable thing from the humans, the greatest threat to their existence?

Maybe they were eco-terrorists, "liberating" this monkey. Even your supporting photo is depressing, viewing the monkey through the bars of his jail cell.
edit on 18-11-2012 by jeantherapy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
NOOOOOOOOO!!!! Daddy

I would find these kids and beat the crap outa them.
Killing my Monkey brothers grrrrrrrrr

I just hope the Patas monkey bit a chunk outa ones ballsack.

Noooooo, not my "monkey brothers" that I keep in a cage for my amusement and the amusement of children! Noooooo not that one!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by jeantherapy

Look the topic is not about the rights and wrongs of zoos, (make your own thread and I will comment on how I feel in that one) it is about people killing the poor monkey.
If they were trying to free the Monkey they were the worst eco-terrorists on the planet.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
reply to post by jeantherapy

If they were trying to free the Monkey they were the worst eco-terrorists on the planet.

By liberating, I meant death. Nobody is going to release a monkey into the Idaho wilderness and expect it to survive, we know the person that did this is a monkey killer, we don't know if they were a moron or not.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
The picture that is up is the monkeys roommate that has to be removed from his home because of two kids who thought it may have been funny to bash a monkeys skull in. I don't condone locking up animals because it is inhumane. But where are they going to go?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Yup how do we know they may be rescued Monkeys, seeing that in the US (some states) they keep us like pets in their homes. If they get rescued and can not be released into the wild a zoo may be the best option for them.
Glad we can not own monkeys as pets anymore in the UK.
Oh and my Grandad had a pet chimp in the 50's (but that is a weird horrid story for another day)

top topics

join