It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad News for Central Valley California

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
This is only going to get worse as time goes on. Unskilled labor will be replaced by machines, China is already using robot waiters in some restaurants. Guess what happens to a service sector economy where the menial service jobs are replaced by machines and education is priced such that no one but the rich can afford it? Lots of homelessness and crime.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

Wow Conyers and Covington are bad areas now? I grew up there and moved away in 2002 so in only a decade it has gone down that bad? Used to be a nice area in the 90s sad to see.
edit on 18-11-2012 by NihilistSanta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Circumstance
When I first moved to S California, I realized there seemed to be a lot of homeless people. Then it dawned on me that the reason there were more homeless there was because of the weather. S. California has the perfect weather for the homeless. It seldom rains, mild year around temperatures; it's the ideal climate really.

That reminds me of the myopic observation that the law in its perfection treats the rich and poor equally, and imposes the same penalty on both for living under a bridge or stealing a loaf of bread..

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
i live one town over from stockton, ca. this is accurate, as i work in that city and see this kind of crap every day. a friend of mine owns the only house for a block and a half. the rest of said block are all forclosed homes. stockton is almost the detroit of california.

with a baby on the way, i've been more worried about going to work as the days go by

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
Sounds bad, makes you think twice about driving to the cheap station to fill up.

One time I went to a cheap station and I was approached by a child who was trained and uttered off some speech about how they need gas money, I told her I had negative 20,000 and couldn't afford to help, her mom who obviously trained her looked pissed, she continued to swipe her card and get gas, I believe I was targeted because I was white in a non-white neighborhood. I feel bad for them but I can't afford to fill up strangers gas tanks, and on top of that they had the means to fill up, they were just looking for a free fill up. I would expect such scams to rise during the next 4 years. Not saying in 5,6 years it will be any better but Obama seems to claim he has zero influence over the price of gas...

If I were the most powerful man in the world I think I'd have more than a little influence over the price of gas, I don't believe he gives a damn personally, it doesn't affect him personally therefore he doesn't care.

KEYSTONE PIPELINE, implement it, period.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:25 AM
link   
It's terrible that it has come to this for so many people. I watched the vid of the guy by the river and asked myself, 'and this is a first world country?' It is so sad

How can we call ourselves first world nations when many of our citizens are living like this, no food, no home, just nothing, and no-one cares.

I would have took that guy some thing to eat and drink and gave him a few quid, and the little cat too which was following him around.

This world is effed up - we have so many who have nothing, and so few who have much more than they need.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:07 AM
link   
I thought from the title of this thread that the story might have been about the approval to go ahead with the 68 Billion dollar rail project.

Bad news for land owners and farmers. Forget about California being broke already.
If they didn't go ahead and agree to it, they'd have lost federal money.
It's always about the money!

www.usatoday.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
The central valley of Calif is the Meth capital of the US.
Plus there is a large population of illegals.

Many companies have moved out
Others drug test and do background checks on all new employees

Some companies hire illegals because they claim most American applicants cannot pass the drug and background checks.

I have yet to understand how a illegal passes the background check.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by doobydoll
How can we call ourselves first world nations when many of our citizens are living like this, no food, no home, just nothing, and no-one cares.

America lives in the moment and has little time for its own history. As a result, it is going to repeat the same great big mistakes because immediate gratification trumps whatever hard lessons previous generations learned.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:55 AM
link   
that does make sense actually, although it does make it sound like the homeless moved there because of the weather!

discerning homeless tourists!

Originally posted by Circumstance
When I first moved to S California, I realized there seemed to be a lot of homeless people. Then it dawned on me that the reason there were more homeless there was because of the weather. S. California has the perfect weather for the homeless. It seldom rains, mild year around temperatures; it's the ideal climate really.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:08 AM
link   
As someone who lived in California for the last 20 years and just moved out of San Francisco. I can tell you it's always been like this. In fact the number of homeless has gone down. People just notice these things more in troubled times. Maybe the homeless have more money so more of them are getting high, and they stand out more.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

It was bound to happen. People have not changed but our population is still growing I suppose..maybe not for long.
We've not had constructive change overall but some have fought for rights and financial aid for those who need
it. You can't have financial mismanagement of the markets, gross greed and manipulation of every issue
worth a bought vote and offer a life of harmony for all..problem is when somebody offers a solution there
may be ulterior motives behind it..dictatorship or total control. Here in NW FL. homeless folks drift in all the
time. No, it does not remain warm and cozy here all year round. A local homeless guy died of exposure in
the woods. Some choose that life for whatever reason and well let's face it it might take years and scores
of psychological professionals to bring any of us back up to par..whatever that is...so basically some are
just let go do their thing long as they don't hurt anybody. I met one who hops trains..nice personality he
has too and does not bother anybody..but if you are going to say..set out to change him might as well
look in the mirror first and start changing yourself. Some people may resent being a project of sorts. You
don't know what you would do if you got desperate enough. A lot of these folks conveniently or inconveniently
don't have ID cards. I know of a lady city bus driver who used to be homeless..she said never again..but it
depends upon the person sometimes, if they can live with being homeless or not. Some would not have it
any other way. You don't have to set yourself up for an attack and that can happen. Whether you are rich
or poor like myself with little to offer..there are plenty of places to donate goods or monies. There are
womens shelters, places that offer cold sandwiches and showers and clothes vouchers as well as food
pantries. You can't save everyone and you never know when you just might have to try to save yourself from
personal disaster. Drop a little help as you move from day to day..things and folks are going to keep on moving and changing with or without us. If you have any great ideas to discuss with officials be my guest..sure the
folks who need it won't mind. Now that my friends would take some real guts and initiative.
njl51

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I have sympathy for street kids.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Hey, I loved being homeless when I was a kid, it was great. Sarcasm intended.

The old people I talked to that lived during the depression of the 1930's sure had a different attitude about the poor and homeless than we do now. Maybe that is why they were labeled "the greatest generation".

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by hawkiye
You ain't seen nothin yet! Wait till the dollar crashes and tens of millions lose everything... Mad max here we come...
edit on 18-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

Maybe....... but that takes effort too, and being Fashionably Mad Max is costly too.

The better alternative would to be forming community CO-OP's in case the collapse comes. Vigilante groups and policing groups....
Maybe that's what all the FEMA camps are really for.....? ....well mostly.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
stockton used to be a nice place...that city is broke and the port of stockton closed...really went downhill after that....it's sad because look around and can see what it is but also what it used to be in your mind
edit on 18-11-2012 by research100 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
reply to post by Daughter2

- I tasked one of the smartest people I know to analysis Agenda 21 and develop a counter measure I call Agenda 69.
when he finishes his work - I will post it here under the same name.
edit on 18-11-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

Hey, Agenda 69. I think I saw that movie...er, uh...I mean,uhhh, catchy name there! Yeah, that's it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I am glad you brought up Agenda 21. It is the Global Agenda for the 21st century. The UN has signed into law the "manual" for how we are to live in the 21st century. And we have signed peace treaties that has given the power to the UN to establish these manditory rules. The UN rules supersede our US rules. They will use this to disarm americans, and put us on the 25% of land which will be for inhabitation. Also, the national parks will be closed and off limits to people. Already they have closed 70 of Californias parks. This was all signed I think in 1992, Under the Bush New World Order.

This is happening on a huge scale in Siskiyou county California. And all over america, People are being relocated to the city off their lands. Please Google: "Defend Rural America"
People are no longer allowed to leave their property to their children (in Siskiyou) it is now under eminate domain. You can also find a link to the actual Agenda 21 manual on their website. The manual covers education, they actually say that people with higher incomes consume more than the poor, so the education system will not be creating skilled people. It covers how, and where we live, how we use the land we own.

Currently the govt owns 49% of California. They are going to up that to 75%. The govt owns huge tracts of land in all the Western States. I wonder how many homeless there would be if the govt. owned less land and opened up an area for legal "tent" camping/city. A place to grow gardens etc.

Please let us know what your friend finds out. I would be super interested in getting together with others to get this info out there. At this point I am beginning to believe that everything else that is going on is just a distraction to keep us from seeing this for what it is.

Read everything you can on Agenda 21, I think it is at the root of why we are inundated with homeless. They are trying to put people in small areas. THIS IS SERIOUS!!!!!! It seems that no one has even heard of Agenda 21.

This is not fear mongering. This is the truth. If you feel like its a waste of time to check this out, then you are haveing blinders go over your eyes.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by misskat1

here's a link to above post..

www.defendruralamerica.com...
edit on 18-11-2012 by baddmove because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Same here in the UK in all major cities, and it's spreading to the surrounding areas now. The Western governments has got an agenda, but here in the UK the government can't count on the Army or the police because they are sick of the government cutbacks as well.
I mean a Politician that was leaving 10 Downing Street with his bike called a Police officer a "Plebe"
www.urbandictionary.com...
Sad but true.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join