It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bad News for Central Valley California

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

Your 1st problem is that you WERE IN STOCKTON, CA... DID you know that is the most dangerous city in America I think... I use to live there in an OK area in 1972. Right after we left, the entire apt. complex was rented out to the Vietnamese. After the War in Vietnam.. that is where they sent to Boat People. My X in-laws still live there..

DO not stop... keep driving...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

Farmers??? They already KILLED most the farms in the Valley... drive from Sac.. to LA... dead, dry, nothing,,, they had to divert the Fu&*N water to Mono Lake to save some DAMN smelt fish or some chit.. Screw that you wanted fruit to eat,,,, and the farmers needed to make a living, Oh and if you want to really get pissed watch as the Concrete Canal full of nice clean NORTHERN CALIFORNIA WATER goes right threw all the dead trees and chit... Don't try to steal any you will be shot.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Stockton's Rough, BUT there is MUCH WORSE in the surrounding areas...I live in Vallejo and it is turning into a Homeless Mecca. The home invasions here are routinely turning deadly, Just yesterday I donated some money to a family that was asking for help in finding the Murderers that kicked in the door and Murdered the Whole residence including a Mother that was pregnant with twins who came home from picking her daughter up from school. (They Murdered the Daughter as well).. The Day before Yesterday a 14yr old boy beat an elderly woman unconcious with a replica handgun in the SeaFood City Parking Lot. Then He kidnapped Her, Robbed Her, Raped Her and then dumped her in a ditch off I80 and American Canyon which is the next exit from my house. Thankfully She survived and they caught the kid a short time later in her car that he stole. I have been compounding my house against Home Invasions for the past year because it's getting so bad. I'm hoping to move in the next two years but in the meantime I have to take every precaution to protect my GIrlfriend and 4kids. I do ALL the shopping because she's had people chase her to her car in Food 4 Less,Safeway &Walmart parking lots, They've tried to smash her windows to abduct/rape her, Security has came up to her while in a store and pulled her in the office to identify a man that was stalking her through the store and she never seen him before in her life.

I'm sad to say they actually succeeded in Car Jacking her and raping her in the Past so I do all the shopping now in hopes to protect what I love most. Be ready everyone this could be your neighborhood in no time, Vallejo was once the Capital of California and a Beautiful place........

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by vpjanitorial
As someone who lived in California for the last 20 years and just moved out of San Francisco. I can tell you it's always been like this. In fact the number of homeless has gone down. People just notice these things more in troubled times. Maybe the homeless have more money so more of them are getting high, and they stand out more.

Wow... wonder what agency you work for?
Homeless people have always been everywhere in SF but to say it's gotten better is probably the biggest *Facepalm* I've read in a while. The whole Bay Area is becoming a HooverVille

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by NewsWorthy

I'm sad to say they actually succeeded in Car Jacking her and raping her in the Past so I do all the shopping now in hopes to protect what I love most. Be ready everyone this could be your neighborhood in no time, Vallejo was once the Capital of California and a Beautiful place........

Time to call Dirty Harry out of retirement.

Punks like that don't deserve to live.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hefficide
Suburbs of Atlanta here and the same story. The city I live in has a wooded area, off of a freeway off ramp that has, for at least ten years, been "home" to a few homeless people. They pan handle the cars waiting for the light at the end of the exit ramp.

Even a few years ago, it was easy to count the woods "residents" by becoming familiar with how many faces you'd see on that off ramp over the course of a working week.

For the past 3 years, however, those woods, and a large area around them, have become a tent city. Several businesses which bordered the property went under and the tent city has swelled into the parking lots of those defunct businesses.

If I had to guess I would say that 500 to 600 people currently reside there now. To provide context here, this is roughly 15 miles outside of the borders of Atlanta - a city infamous for its homeless population. The closer one gets to the city, the more homeless one encounters.

The contrasting reality that becomes woefully apparent to locals? Off hand I would say that 30 to 40% of the houses in my town sit empty, with for sale signs on them. One of our common "big" local news stories is rashes of people trying to squat in these empty homes - or of people gutting them simply to steal the copper from within the homes.

It's tragic.

~Heff
edit on 11/17/12 by Hefficide because: (no reason given)

Sounds a lot like the Glade Road exit off 75 near Acworth, GA. I used to live out that way and got off at that exit every day and saw a bunch of different faces coming and going from the woods. They clear cut the area to deal with the homeless a while back but haven't been out that way lately to see if it is grown back and the tent city has popped back up. There were at least a couple dozen living in the woods on that exit when I was living in Acworth.

I think that is the city's solution when tent cities pop up off of highway exits. They clear cut the land and force the tenants out.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
All the working of Newt's contract on America back in the late nineties. Combined with fed reserve policies and GWs tax cuts and trade agreements that sold the US worker down the river, and don't forget turning a blind eye to illegal immigrants and white collar crime. That was and is the free market way to disaster, and only the suckers pretend differently.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

All the working of Newt's contract on America back in the late nineties. Combined with fed reserve policies and GWs tax cuts and trade agreements that sold the US worker down the river, and don't forget turning a blind eye to illegal immigrants and white collar crime. That was and is the free market way to disaster, and only the suckers pretend differently.

Still preaching your non-sense and trying to call it a free market...Sigh! Yeah high theftation (taxes) and heavy regulation create jobs and prosperity... Big Sigh! What communist crack are you smoking?...

edit on 18-11-2012 by hawkiye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
This just sounds like the common things you would see in the ghetto to me. The ghetto is growing and has been so for decades now.

edit on 18-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
I don't understand how this thread is still going when it

A. Unfairly generalizes vagrants and the less fortunate
B. Makes political connections where there aren't any
C. Fails to scratch the surface of the problem causing this without invoking the president

Way to go ATS. Way to let that ignorance shine brighter than any beacon possible.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I lived in Stockton from 1984 to 1986 and was in the Navy and worked at Naval Communication Station Stockton. They had a golf course and everything. We lived in a little house on base. Looking at it from the satellite cam I can see all the little houses are torn down and the big Satcom antenna is gone from the base. Sad to see the base is gone.

More recently I was in the Los Angeles area. Pasadena for 6 months. I actually changed grocery stores to find one where no one would approach me for money. Then we moved to Simi Valley. Lots of cops and retired cops and firefighters. Seemed pretty safe in Simi Valley but really bad all around including Van Nuys where I was working. Company was all fenced with live security guards 24/7. One of my co-workers would not go out to lunch, worried about getting shot.

Now living in Indiana. We have poor people here but does not seem dangerous. Seldom asked for money. Moved to be closer to Mom and Step Mom after Dad and Stepdad passed away this summer. But glad to be out of CA also.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Most homeless people are there because they have a problem of sorts. Drinking stealing dealing what ever for those that really want help we should help them and there is help out there so the ones that try hard to look for help will find it. As for the rest that don't want help or keep on messing up there own life they get what they deserve. Which is nothing but trash and scraps. I love people and God but I believe if you try hard in life you can do anything. Peace out

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by joecool9887

What you say is true. But...

Our system is breaking down. There is no leadership, no direction. We have all these people with nothing to do and nowhere to go. No purpose except to survive.

This seems different than just regular homelessness.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Here in St.Louis, Mo. Every time I drive to work in city, there more poverty were holding the sign. We had sanitary for the poor to camp out in northern part of the city were close down and move them somewhere else, it wasn't very popular. Cause it gotten so bad, there were fight and thing were caught fire. It was growing populated and it was not regulated. The police could no longer handle the size of it.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Wow! That is quite of stories there,.. Geeze I hope not going to be that bad here in St.Louis city. Because I love my city, I live here most of my life. But I am prepare......in case thing change

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321

Time to call Dirty Harry out of retirement.

Punks like that don't deserve to live.

Yea I agree, bury those punk

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
If we Donate to the Salvation Army of American Red Cross will it Make things better ? Or is There a Better Solution to this Social Problem ?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by FrostForests
Stockton is, frankly, a terrible place. That's what it's know for. There are worse places in California, but i'm not sure if any are so negatively grand as Stockton.

Heart of the housing crisis(countrywide even?!), more empty homes then anywhere I know of, serious, serious meth issues, low job opportunities. bad neighborhoods, gangs, etc etc.

It's sad. Stockton was the heart of the west coast WWII navy post Pearl Harbor. That port revitalized the loss. It was thriving industry for the greater good(all supposed of course, this is a conspiracy forum
), but now it is filth.
edit on 17-11-2012 by FrostForests because: (no reason given)

Sounds like we need a good war to revitalize the economy.

Wait...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I live basically right down the road from stockton and these are things that are all over the central valley.

This is the close to the worst suppressed economies and highest crime rates in the u s. And it has been for as long as I can remember.

I can remember well past 2008 but this is from then.

www.centralvalleybusinesstimes.com...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:22 PM
link   
reply to post by 1BornPatriot

I'm here in Apple Valley Ca. and the consequences of the economic sag hit one block away last night. Sat the 17th.
Black man with a hood on on walked in to the local liquor with a hand gun and strong armed my pal Joey behind the counter. Made off with a grand without hurting anyone tho. Joey's from Syria and just a great guy really so I;'m glad as hell he wasn't harmed.

People everywhere in this state are getting very desperate and the jails are in over flow cutting people loose for minor offenses.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join