It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Australians TO Rally in Australian Capital Today To Show solidarity with Israel .

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I'm Australian and Jewish, I myself don't believe in these show of solidarity rallies (support or against) of foreign nations or individuals even if they are peaceful rallies. If they want to show solidarity towards Israel or any other country then send a letter or petition of support to the Israeli Embassy or the embassy in question.

However, I would rally for a full investigation in to Gillard's AWU slush fund or rally against the Carbon Tax!
edit on 17-11-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

Your frenzied personal attacks on the OP perhaps reveals deep seated personal problems you may be tormented by.

Did you just refer to yourself in the third person?

There are plenty of counsellors out there who can guide you through your hate.

List of United Nations Resolutions Concerning Israel

I got your Hate right here, buddy.

The Human Rights Council has adopted more resolutions condemning Israel than it has all other states combined.

Iwish you well an dthat you can become welll again.
Peace .

Stop trying to make yourself look good... you are trying to defend a monster, by claiming that it is a starving orphan.

You are transparent.
edit on 17-11-2012 by ErtaiNaGia because: more than all other states *COMBINED*

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
I think Australia on the whole supports Israel in its quest for a peaceful life.

wow that must be an understatement of the century, Israel wants NO quest, at all, for peace, it only wants to continue its aggression and oppress the people who's land rightfully belongs to them. They will not rest until the entire middle east belongs to them. While giving nothing in return and forcing the people out.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   

What colour will their skin be there . If I have green skin is it OK to turn up .

Dont think many people will go anyway especially coloured skinned people like me

edit on 18-11-2012 by Anusuia because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
I'm Australian and Jewish, I myself don't believe in these show of solidarity rallies (support or against) of foreign nations or individuals even if they are peaceful rallies. If they want to show solidarity towards Israel or any other country then send a letter or petition of support to the Israeli Embassy or the embassy in question.

However, I would rally for a full investigation in to Gillard's AWU slush fund or rally against the Carbon Tax!
edit on 17-11-2012 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)
Just see . Right here . BlueMirage represents more the feelings of Australians .
God bless us we are a great lot of fair minded people one we intergrate into the vib of the country .

Obviously some haven't in high office , maybe . It must be so if most of the nation is having issues with them

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:14 AM
link   
When it comes down to it, it doesn't matter who you support. Are any of us going to change a god damn thing in the Middle East? I would like to see someone actually try
. People can protest, back their national government all they want but when it comes down to it, people are dying, more people on the Gaza side right now and I do not see how israel can justify turning peoples homes into rubble because of a few rockets with the accuracy of a bad archer.

Egypt are backing the Palestinians and so are a few others in the region. Obviously Israels response is not all it seems. I even seen a report today of an elderly mans home being turned into a pile of concrete because of the precision striking of the IDF. He also had daughters living with him I believe. Innocents are dying and Israel need to lay off. They can put there propaganda all over the news all they want, the truth is, not every strike is hitting Hamas targets. Civilians once again are suffering and again, Israel will not be held accountable for the body count afterwards.
edit on 18-11-2012 by DarknStormy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Expired
reply to post by ErtaiNaGia

FTFY Your headline is slightly misrepresenting the truth. Please correct it.

No ....
Australians are Australians regardless of religion.
These rally goers are Aussie citizens or permanent residents ...if you want to distinguish them because of the colour of their skin thats your issue not mine.
Cheers

Come on you know your title is misleading. It gave the impression that is was a large march. Not a few citizens who are of Isreali descent.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 12:42 AM
link   

That's not Australians. They are people who call themselves Jewish and they are doing what their state or federal level 'council' are saying to do, as always.

Not for one second do the majority of Aussies support Israel. Many of us can think for ourselves and many are brainwashed, but of them the number of Zionist supporters would be minimal.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 01:25 AM
link   

Hey OP, I found this and perhaps to get a little more back toward topic (I dunno what all that was ...don't wanna know... better no one ever knows I'll bet.. lol) I found this that might indicate why some would think Australia does, in principle, support the State of Israel.

An enduring beacon of democracy in a troubled region

TO recognise the 60th anniversary of the creation of the state of Israel, which falls on May 14, Kevin Rudd will today make a statement to federal parliament offering Australia's continued goodwill and support. Together with the recent marriage of Michael Danby in the first Jewish wedding ceremony in Parliament House, it is a further demonstration of the bipartisan support that exists for Israel. The Australian shares the Government's goodwill towards Israel and supports all efforts for a two-state solution that includes self-determination for Palestine and brings lasting peace to a much-troubled region.

Predictably, today's statement to parliament - the timing of which has been agreed between the Government and the Israeli embassy for the convenience of parliament - has spawned a chorus of dissent from the usual left-wing, anti-Israel suspects. In an advertisement in this newspaper, a group claiming to be informed and concerned Australians has distanced itself from what it says is "a celebration of the triumph of racism and the ethnic cleansing of Palestinians since the al-Nakba (Catastrophe) of 1948". The group says Australia and Australians should not give the Israeli people and its leaders the impression that Australia supports them in their dispossession of the Palestinian people.
Source - The Australian / Mar. 2008

That's a small piece of the overall story there and the rest is worth reading I'd say. These days, I know people have come to think of years as decades or something, but 4 years isn't that long and The Australian appears to be a major news group down there? Is that accurate?

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This thread is generalising all Aussies are involved in this so called rally. These people are Israelis living in Australia. Get it right mate!!

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 02:55 AM
link   
We had some great Palestine solidarity rallies over the weekend. In Brisbane we had a good turnout, the thunderstorms turned some people away but we still got 100 to march through the CBD shouting "down with Israel". Also had a troll show up to heckle us lol.

If you want to come to a rally (NOT pro-Isreal) then here are the times and places for each major city of the next rally.

Adelaide

Friday 23 November, 5pm outside the Myer Centre, Rundle Mall.

Melbourne

Friday 23 November, 5pm at the State Library.

Sydney

Saturday 24 November, 12pm at the Sydney Town Hall.

Brisbane

Friday 23 November, 5pm in King George Square.

Canberra

Saturday 24 November, 12pm at the Israeli Embassy, Turrana Street, Yarralumla.

Perth

Sunday 25 November, 1pm Murray Street Mall (outside Perth Underground).

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:54 AM
link   

On the other hand are they informed about the history of this conflict?

What are you trying to say?

Regardless of your intention, the suggestion you are implying is abhorrent, disgusting and show a complete lack of understanding and reeks of intolerance.

Just because we live far away does not make Australians ignorant, lacking or misinformed in any capacity!

Oh and by the way as other posters have pointed out this was predominantly members of the Jewish community in Australia. The rest of Australia have their own opinions on this issue (both ways) but generally don't protest. We are very layed back culture!

Seems liek

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
There were a few rallies around major cities in Australia today concerning the Israel/Gaza crisis. As much as the OP suggests that Australia is behind Israel, there are a few groups who are most likely not Jewish jumping on the band wagon and showing their support.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Attend a rally on a Sunday in Australia !! Wtf very very un-Australian in my opinion. Unless tptb take away our beers for Sunday session . There would be NO Monday without Sunday beer

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sublimecraft

I know no-one that would attend this "rally" for a myriad of reasons.
ISRAEL - you will NOT get our permission to slaughter innocent women and children or have you forgotten Nazi Germany already????????

www.theaustralian.com.au...

"Australia supports Israel's right to defend itself against these indiscriminate attacks. Such attacks on Israel's civilian population are utterly unacceptable," the Prime Minister said.

Unfortunately Julia Gillard (PM) is the flag bearer, marching on in support of the oppression.
In my opinion; she is out of touch with the reality in Gaza.
Affirmation to such atrocity means betraying everything Australia stands for Multi-culturalism).

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Tayesin

A majority of the Australian Jewish communities DO in fact support Israel. I too support Israel but I don't need to join a rally to show solidarity with them - unless there's a sausage sizzle afterwards

Most (true blue) Australians really don't give a damn whats going on in the Middle East to be quite honest.

Since I reside here in Australia I'm more inclined to concern myself with whats going on here at home and who's running OUR Government since they will have a greater affect on my children's future than the present spat between Israel and Gaza (which will be over in about a week) until the next one and the one after that and so on.

I'm well aware of what Israel really wants and what the Gazans don't want them to have. And thats what this is really all about!

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join