It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Red sky at night; shepherds delight, Red sky in the morning; shepherds warning

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Hi, I live in the UK and over the last year i've noticed that the sky seems to be a variation of orange/pink/red every single day and night except for when its cloudy, although even then I can sometimes see a pink glow to the clouds, this just made me think of the weather lore mentioned in the title, see link

en.wikipedia.org...

I could be wrong, but when I was a child I don't remember seeing red sky at night/morning on such a regular basis, has anyone else noticed this?

I suppose it could just be that when I was younger I might have been in bed at those times, but i'm not sure this is the case,

If the weather lore is to be believed then what sort of weather should we expect when both happen on the same day, and over a long period of time?

i'm not really sure about the cause myself but i've just watched a youtube vid that mentioned red oxide clouds from planet Nibiru which become visible when Nibiru comes closer to earth, put i don't really know much at all about planets so all ideas are welcome

thank you

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Minnie1985

Hi, i am also in the UK and in fact i have noticed it too, i also say the 'red sky at night..' to my daughter who literally just dragged me from the kitchen to look at the 'amazing pink and blue sky'. =)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Where I am stationed at the moment, there are red and pink sky almost every morning. Been that way for as long as I can remember. Desert sunrise's are about as nice as the sunsets.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Red sky at night, sailors delight. When we see a red sky at night, this means that the setting sun is sending its light through a high concentration of dust particles. This usually indicates high pressure and stable air coming in from the west. Basically good weather will follow.

Red sky in morning, sailor’s warning. A red sunrise reflects the dust particles of a system that has just passed from the west. This indicates that a storm system may be moving to the east. If the morning sky is a deep fiery red, it means a high water content in the atmosphere. So, rain is on its way.

click

doesnt seem to be anything to worry about just higher chances of rain on those days

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

Hi, thanks for you're reply,

i'm not really worried, just curious as to why this seems to happen every day now when it didn't only 15 years ago, i'm wondering what might have changed on earth for this to be happening much more frequently?

Thank you

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
i think you'll find the saying has to do with weather rather than a doomsday scenario

shepherd looks after cattle in open fields ...go figure

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Fall is when this happens.

Orion is also back in the night sky.

Winter is coming.

These are the seasons we are to prepare for.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Minnie1985

Hi, thanks for you're reply,

i'm not really worried, just curious as to why this seems to happen every day now when it didn't only 15 years ago, i'm wondering what might have changed on earth for this to be happening much more frequently?

Thank you

You are probably much more observant than you used to be. slowed down a bit in life and now enjoy a good sunrise more than you used to.

I have seen plenty but never really thought it odd when they happen. changes in weather and atmosphere have probably made it more prevalent.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

You are probably much more observant than you used to be. slowed down a bit in life and now enjoy a good sunrise more than you used to.

this quote is very very true, it amazes me every day when I discover something new to me, I always end up asking myself the question ''why did I never question that before?'' haha

but the sky things still has me curious, i'm about 99% sure the sky wasn't like this when I was a child and I can't help looking at the morning/evening sky now without automatically wondering ''why every day?''

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

I love it when its got a purple look about it

and when its really red at sun set

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

when I was younger we had a art contest every year in school.. one year i made a dinosaur scene with a red sunset with pink purple highlight clouds at the top... many of my classmates said.. WTF? the clouds aren't pink and purple to which i thought they must not watch the sun set.. the next day, i came to school and everyone said your right.. the clouds are pink and purple when the sun sets... so no I don't think it's abnormal.. most don't pay attention to it. ( and that was well over 30 years ago)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Perhaps it's due to many family members having been longshoremen, but what had been passed on to me was:

Red at night, sailor's delight; red in the morning, sailor take warning!!

No matter--I appreciate the beauty of nature.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
yes OP you are correct in your assumption. second sun is here you can see how close it is now this didnt happren until a few years ago.. (but people were mysteriously drawing pictures of them in class when they didnt exist?). ignore the parasites. follow your intuition

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by GameKeeper
yes OP you are correct in your assumption. second sun is here you can see how close it is now this didnt happren until a few years ago.. (but people were mysteriously drawing pictures of them in class when they didnt exist?). ignore the parasites. follow your intuition

Parasites?....what is your definition of a parasite here at ATS?.......is it someone who disagrees with your silly niburu/second sun claims?

To the OP'er there is no such thing as "nibiru" the colour hues you are seeing in the sky are perfectly normal as we approach winter in the UK......please avoid listening to people who tell you that that the end of the world is nigh, and that a "second sun" is approaching.....it isn't......the people that tell you that it is will be fading into the background very shortly

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
i say it again, some thread titles just make me think of certain tunes.
for your musical enjoyment,

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Argyll

Parasites?....what is your definition of a parasite here at ATS?.......is it someone who disagrees with your silly niburu/second sun claims?

To the OP'er there is no such thing as "nibiru" the colour hues you are seeing in the sky are perfectly normal as we approach winter in the UK......please avoid listening to people who tell you that that the end of the world is nigh, and that a "second sun" is approaching.....it isn't......the people that tell you that it is will be fading into the background very shortly

I think he was being sarcastic, because he said "mysteriously people were drawing them before they existed" (paraphrased) implying that this whole nibiru/second sun thing is stupid.

As for the OP, I remember many red/pink skies when I was a little kid, that was a few decades ago. As far as them appearing more frequently now, can't say that's true in my experience. I don't see them anymore frequently now than I used to.

I also remember it being "sailors" delight not shepherds delight, must be a regional thing.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:23 PM
link   

of course they existed and they still do.. you seriously need back on your meds. People just made up all the poems and songs from hundreds and hundreds of years ago to today to talk about the SECOND sun which by the way no one can see but you.
edit on 17-11-2012 by gnosticagnostic because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982

Originally posted by Argyll

I think he was being sarcastic, because he said "mysteriously people were drawing them before they existed" (paraphrased) implying that this whole nibiru/second sun thing is stupid.

As for the OP, I remember many red/pink skies when I was a little kid, that was a few decades ago. As far as them appearing more frequently now, can't say that's true in my experience. I don't see them anymore frequently now than I used to.

I also remember it being "sailors" delight not shepherds delight, must be a regional thing.

lmao no he means me.. and my story see above about the sunset drawings as a youngster ... he really does believe in niburu/ second sun.. and they can't come and take him away fast enough. He has tons of threads about it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:29 PM
link   

WTF are you on about?

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:32 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2 >>

join