It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Modern Technology in Ancient Times?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Did we use modern day technology such as power tools,diamond tip saws and other cutting tools to remove granite stone from rock to build temples?
If so where did they come from and who made them thousands of years ago?
I have watched ancient aliens s4 and i find it amazing that there is ancient cities that we apparently built around the world by hand.But they cant be as some of the granite stone that has been cut by modern day technology.
What do you guys think???

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

Who is this we partner?

Those days are gone. Man fell into a stupor after the previous civilization.

There are quite few opinions and depending on your belief in quantum physics, the field of potentiality and ultimately the fabric of the universe....anything is possible.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by jademegjosh

No, we didn't. Most civilizations left tools at their quarry sites.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I enjoy Ancient Aliens as well, can't say I agree with all their theories, but there's no denying in some instances the technology was very different from what we know today.

I don't know if what was used was "modern" or just different technology back then. We're so arrogant to believe that we're the epitome of intelligence, invention and knowledge in general. I enjoy so many great things happen in this age, but we've also excluded some very powerful trains of thought from being explored properly and with it all the potential that could have come from it.

One possibility is aliens, another is a simply knowledge we once had but don't today.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Ollantaytambo, Peru is my favorite temple/fortress example of mind blowing precision stone work.

Not only are the stones cut from other mountains, their mortar less designs can withstand huge earthquakes and some stones fit so perfectly you can't slide paper between the joins, one particular arch/doorway is just, perfect.

Ancient aliens is a good show from some facts and great video/photos, but what they speculate i dont always agree with.

Every time the narrator says "as many ancient alien theorists believe" - its like nails down a chalk board to my ears, tho would make for a good drinking game..

edit on 16-11-2012 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Ancient Sears and Cave depot!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jademegjosh
Did we use modern day technology such as power tools,diamond tip saws and other cutting tools to remove granite stone from rock to build temples?
If so where did they come from and who made them thousands of years ago?
I have watched ancient aliens s4 and i find it amazing that there is ancient cities that we apparently built around the world by hand.But they cant be as some of the granite stone that has been cut by modern day technology.
What do you guys think???

Easy answer, no

Better answer, don't watch 'Ancient Aliens' they make stuff up

Our ancestors were incredible craftsmen and they had lots of time and they were motivated by religion, lead by powerful leaders, a potent creative brew

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Trustfund

Did not notice any precision drillbits, saws or lathes on the show, maybe the aliens took them all home

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:42 AM
link   
"All this has happened before, and it will happen again." BSG - Peter Pan - The Matrix...

Eternal Return...

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I believe the ancient civilizations used a different technology than we use today. They may have used magnetics/harmonics/chemicals or a combination of all. Hey maybe magic of sorts, or we would call it that today. Maybe they tapped into alternate universes. lol. Science may have blinded us to a lot of possibilities that exist.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Archaeology, geology, sediments and other sciences find no traces of any such civilizations, its a nice theory but in practice it isn't supported by the facts

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
I found rocks buried over fifteen inches down that were cut with some sort of circular cutter. At first I thought it was from not that long ago but I found stone tools with these. It could have been four hundred years ago or more but definitely before we came here to Marquette to mine. It could have been the Vikings also, they had that kind of technology. They could have trained the local Indians here and gave them the blades also. The cut was against the grain of the rock and the other half wasn't present.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paschar0
One possibility is aliens, another is a simply knowledge we once had but don't today.
I think 'Ancient Aliens' should change their name to 'Brown People are Stupid', because, when it comes right down to it...that's the basic premise of the show.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Obviously I don't know how prevelant or advanced ancient civs were, in terms of their technolog. I do however know that the Antikythera mechanism is very very revealing. It reveals that ancient civilizations did in fact understand a lot of celestial events which we did not become aware of until the 19th century at the earliest.

There is a ton of evidence pointing toward a knowledge they had which we do not discuss.

I would warm against watching Ancient Aliens though. Those programs are flooded with really bad science, lies and misconceptions. Too much of that show will actually dumb you down and lead in the wrong direction.

GL in your search for knowledge!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Paschar0
I think 'Ancient Aliens' should change their name to 'Brown People are Stupid', because, when it comes right down to it...that's the basic premise of the show.

That's a good thought, it does seem to follow the 19th century idea that those pesky non-white people couldn't have done by god!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
Obviously I don't know how prevelant or advanced ancient civs were, in terms of their technolog. I do however know that the Antikythera mechanism is very very revealing. It reveals that ancient civilizations did in fact understand a lot of celestial events which we did not become aware of until the 19th century at the earliest.

There is a ton of evidence pointing toward a knowledge they had which we do not discuss.

I would warm against watching Ancient Aliens though. Those programs are flooded with really bad science, lies and misconceptions. Too much of that show will actually dumb you down and lead in the wrong direction.

GL in your search for knowledge!

We agree on Ancient aliens! The Antikythera is wondrous device but it reflects the knowledge of that age, the maker did err in setting it to show the movement of the planets based on a geocentric view

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hanslune

Archaeology, geology, sediments and other sciences find no traces of any such civilizations, its a nice theory but in practice it isn't supported by the facts

Hey, it was a bit of fun Hanslune. However, just because they haven't found it yet, doesn't mean they won't. As Slayer's thread shows, things keep getting pushed back further and further. We're making new discoveries all the time that change our perception of history. Who knows what they'll find down the road a bit.

A civi just like ours? Maybe not. But I'll bet there are plenty of surprises waiting for them yet.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Klassified

Originally posted by Hanslune

Hey, it was a bit of fun Hanslune. However, just because they haven't found it yet, doesn't mean they won't. As Slayer's thread shows, things keep getting pushed back further and further. We're making new discoveries all the time that change our perception of history. Who knows what they'll find down the road a bit

A civi just like ours? Maybe not. But I'll bet there are plenty of surprises waiting for them yet.

Yep Slayer is hoping for a civilization found off shore while I'm waiting for more cultures from the inland of Asia and Asia Minor

Reminds me of the two fellows in waiting for Godot

edit on 16/11/12 by Hanslune because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Hanslune

I'd say we're likely to see what you're waiting for first. Underwater archaeology is young, limited, and very expensive. Few are going to utilize those kinds of resources on a hunch. So from that perspective, it's hard to find what you aren't actively looking for. I do think the tech will come that makes ocean floor digs feasible though.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by will2learn
reply to post by Trustfund

Did not notice any precision drillbits, saws or lathes on the show, maybe the aliens took them all home

Ancient Aliens does not show you the true information because that goes against the whole point of the show. Which is to keep people ignorant and capitalize off of it.

edit on 16-11-2012 by Trustfund because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join