It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toughest question to all Christians!!!! Drawing!!!!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

I wouldn't expect you to agree, you're a close-minded person and have no room for alternative views other than what the church says. It's your own little comfort bubble that you refuse to leave.

You are so rude, am I not allowed to have a different opinion than you? Does it bother you that much that you have to be so pompous about it? You like to talk about age but it looks like you are the one who needs to grow up.

No, DaVinci wasn't there and neither were you. DaVinci was a genius and he was obviously hinting at something with his paintings. Just because it's outside your little comfort bubble doesn't make it dumb or ridiculous. It's no more dumb or ridiculous than believing a man walked on water or died for 3 days and came back alive. That's what's ridiculous if you ask me.
edit on 16-11-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Jordan River

Well, my guess is that they were fishermen, carpenters, and the like turned to bumbling idiots from God's presence. I doubt many of them had the ability to draw. Plus, Jesus wasn't in their lives very long.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by 3NL1GHT3N3D1

Hey, look! The pot just called the kettle black!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by adjensen

I wouldn't expect you to agree, you're a close-minded person and have no room for alternative views other than what the church says. It's your own little comfort bubble that you refuse to leave.

I'm not closed minded, I'm just naturally attracted to facts. There are a plethora of facts, none of which need come from the church, that says Jesus was a male, and absolutely zero that says he was not. Why on Earth would anyone fall down on the side that says he wasn't? That's like saying "Oh, there's all these facts about gravity, but this one guy says it's bollocks, so I guess gravity doesn't exist" and then you fall off of a cliff proving your point.

You are so rude, am I not allowed to have a different opinion than you?

You're welcome to an opinion, but you're not welcome to an unchallenged opinion. As I often say, if you don't want to defend nonsense, don't post nonsense.

DaVinci was a genius and he was obviously hinting at something with his paintings. Just because it's outside your little comfort bubble doesn't make it dumb or ridiculous.

Yes, it is. It is utterly ridiculous to say that Da Vinci was claiming that Jesus was a woman, because there is no evidence for it, so, contrary to setting Da Vinci as a genius, you set him up as an idiot, who clearly couldn't read the five hundred places that state that Christ was a man, and the zero that say he was a woman.

You might, however, make the case that Da Vinci depicted Jesus (or John) in an effeminate manner, as a reflection of his own sexuality, and that would make for an interesting discussion, but saying that he thought Jesus was a woman is nothing but foolishness.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3NL1GHT3N3D1
reply to post by Cuervo

It would explain why Jesus was so loving and compassionate, those are female attributes not male. My thought is that Jesus was actually Mary. A woman having that much influence in a time where males had all the authority? Very threatening indeed, so they changed her to a him.
edit on 16-11-2012 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

Uh no. Love and compassion are not solely intrinsic to females and saying Jesus is Mary is blasphemy. All the prophecies concerning the Messiah in the hebrew bible, written by the OT prophets themselves and even Moses declare he is male.

Also, if you ever bothered to read the new testament, you can clearly make out the distiniction of Jesus being a male. If you had any real idea of who and what he is there'd be no mistaking he is the God of the OT. Whipping the money changers and kicking over their tables when he was cleansing the temple, to preaching in parables so the pharisees couldn't understand and be saved because he didn't want them to gain salvation. You have a very romantic ideal of the female attributes of 2000 years ago. There were quite alot of women burning their own infant children alive and sacrificing them to idols in those days.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join