It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Movie Ideas!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Thought it might be fun to have a thread where those of us who have an idea for a movie might share it with the ATS community!

I'll get the ball rolling;

Movie Idea (name); Feral Man

In a Nutshell; a man slowly becomes more animalistic as he tries to survive in the wilderness by following a pack of wild dogs.

Expanded; There is a man who is a dog breeder; he breeds German Sheppards, Siberian huskies, Golden Retrievers, and maybe some bull mastiffs and some dobermans. Either as a result of a Global, or regional, catastrophic event(Perhaps a massive mudslide?), the world he knows is turned on it's head. During the calamity, the dogs escape (including the bull mastiffs; this does not sit well with him, as they have yet to be trained and are extremely large and powerful).

The road in is obliterated, and with no access to water, food, shelter, and without having the greatest knowledge of the wilderness(where he is), he must try to fend for himself. He does so rather unsuccessfully, and after 2 weeks without hardly any food, he collapses and passes out.

He wakes up to the sound of many paws darting their way between the forest trees, barking and growling. The pack he had been separated from earlier hadn't gone too far, and just made a Kill; this was his chance to eat. Exhausted, he desperately wanders through the woods. He very quietly and carefully approaches a ledge, pulls himself flat to the ground with his chest, and peers over; he sees the former pack of dogs he was to train from earlier.He eats the scraps they leave and proceeds to follow the pack (seemingly, his only hope of survival).

In the course of following the pack, he attempts to gain acceptance from it. He fails for most the most part , even though 2 of the dogs are familiar with him(from the dog-breeding facility); yet, because of them, his presence is somewhat tolerated by the pack of, now, wild dogs. Eventually he establishes a bond with 1 of the 2 dogs, and His "friend" brings him scraps from the kill, but sticks with the pack himself in the interest of his own survival. His presence increasingly becomes an irritant to the pack, with some getting weary and snarling at him.

They make it clear; they do not want him around anymore. He is now forced to contend with the pack of wild dogs; they lunge at him, biting, snarling, growling, barking. He fights, but is brought to his knees. He is about to give up, and just then, the dog which he established a bond with takes his corner and defends him. Eventually dispersing 3 of his former allies, the rest fall in line, and this dog (who saved him) is now the alpha. The man is astounded at what just happened; never in his life has any human being risked themselves for him, and here be this "wild" dog, bleeding, wounded, but alive; and for him. He passes out from his wounds.

The next scene would be a dream of his, being attacked by dogs/wolves; he then wakes up at the hospital. The nurse comes in, doesn't look him in the eye; the doctor is cold and uncaring. None of his family arrive, or even call, and his friends don't visit. That night he sleeps, and dreams of his friend (the dog who saved him). He wakes up, and thinks about the doctor, the nurse, his family, his friends. Despite the wounds he suffered, he knew where he needed to be; he pulls out his IV's, and tears out of the hospital, heading for the wilderness.

After rejoining with the pack of dogs, he is accepted. Slowly, he regress's into a more animalistic being, and once his person is completely changed into this dog like creature, he becomes fully integrated into the pack (maybe even the leader?); he becomes The Feral Man.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Got a few nice movies for ATS
that i strongly advice

edit on 11/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I'll check them out
Do you have any of your own movie ideas?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon4m05
I'll check them out

ahh i though your movie was a real movie that came out lol
sorry .. i had your thread wrong
but it wasnt off topic

these were my "ATS movie ideas" lol

i do not write fictional stories much .. but i do like to write threads

SNF to encourage you

edit on 11/15/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 07:59 AM
link   
I'm a film maker - I aint giving you people my ideas! But thanks for giving me yours....

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
I'm a film maker - I aint giving you people my ideas! But thanks for giving me yours....

George Lucas is that you ?
why did you sell your production compagny to Disney

nobody would sell his beautiful baby like that just for money .. i dont buy it

edit on 11/16/2012 by Ben81 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Ben81

I can't *WAIT* to see how badly Disney massacres the franchise.

Oh and Lucas got nuthin' on me!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
NatGeo already stole my idea, on Preppers.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   

My most recent one; Humanity achieved peace after years of conflict.
A one world government had been created and humanity evolves into a united Trans-humanist collective to attempt to find a race similar to it's own.
Becoming scientific in nature they began to experiment with the ever elusive Artificial intelligence.
The AI is fed a history of the human race and quickly becomes corrupted with it's old nature.

It creates a 'zombie' code-virus that is able to remotely control it's new Trans-humanist Cyborg army.

Then from that point I would want to portray the story from the other side which would be the planet they set in their sights.

my second idea was;

in 2021, 4 years after a global revolution wipes out the collective 'powers that be', a new more silently violent and oppressive, yet scientific government had formed in the name of preventing future tyranny and in turn revolution, established by Director Maddock Ardrara.

one such uses of the sciences was to hold government sanctioned projects where the 'real world' was a test facility within a mass of designed projects, all working in cohesion to give an illusion of a stable environment.
(think truman show except EVERYONE is the show in some form of test or another)

one of these projects, codenamed 'ValeraSyx' is a simulated rebel cause believed to be fighting to end the occupation of minds, a noble endeavour to cause change, but are under direct observation and study by the government's chief military Psychology scientist Dr. Cael Apquila, head of Labratory6 Installation;
Codename Syx which is tasked with studies of enemy military psychology by holding a live-subject simulation of a rebel cause within it's environment.

the ValeraSyx headed by Antawn Valera will eventually become aware they are test subjects where fate will intervene allowing them a very brief escape from the mind control they thought they were fighting to end and to see the truth and become able to cause the change they really felt. (or how I see it ending possibly) eventually creating the new government.

Valera Syx (where the simulated rebel cause gets its name) was a female rebel Commander in the initial uprising who led a small force into one of the final battles of the war. Her determination was what inspired Director Ardrara to establish the ValeraSyx study among others to prevent her personality type from leading future insurrections.

or something like that...
it would be cool to somehow combine the stories into one big Sci fi freak show.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 07:03 PM
link   

I'm also a screenwriter, Producer, filmmaker and ATS is where I come first for inspiration, ideas, and treatments
for my webisodes, short films and features.

Creative minds abound....

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Here is a brief synopsis of some of the scripts I had written years ago. You can steal the ideas if you want. All of my work is WGA registered but I could never get more than an option and an almost sell on them.

1. Abberant - A story of nano-technology gone bad. Mind you, I wrote this one when nanotechnology was a new and relatively unknown thing. The story is about an experimenta weaponized canister of nanites (micro-robots) floating in Earth's orbit. A rogue CIA agent attempts to launch the canister into the Middle East but a malfunction causes it to crash land in the Pacific Northwestern United States.
The story follows the main character, a police officer, who loses is friends and family but manages to survive an onslaught of cyborg zombies all controlled by a self-building robot. As the robot's army continues to grow, the cyborg zombies continue to evolve. They become stronger, bigger, better armed. Eventually, the cop teams up with the CIA agent responsible and a wise talking marine who barely managed to survive when his unit was destroyed. Together, they go on a mission to locate the source of the invasion (the robot) and destroy it, shutting down the cyborg army.

2. Inner Demons - A simple tale of a young man suffering from partial possession. As a kid, the main character was the victim of a devil worshipping cult. His parents were murdered and he was sacrificed only to become possessed by a very powerful demon. However, his body was not strong enough and the demon collapsed into a coma after destroying the cultists.
Years later, the young man has grown up. Every day, he struggles to stay awake, knowing that every time he falls asleep, the demon takes over and causes chaos. As the story progresses, he finds himself pursued by a FBI criminal profiler whom he had known as a child. The profiler remains hot on his trail, believing he is just another serial killer suffering from multiple personality disorder, while the demon inside him plots to meet up with other demonically possessed people and open the gates of Hell.

3. The Dead Games - Keep in mind that I had written this several years before "The Hunger Games" series even existed. The story was loosely inspired by "The Running Man". It takes place 10 years after a supernatural holocaust. The zombies were defeated and humanity moved on. Now the remaining zombies are used in a reality show which pits teams of contestants against one another in zombie-filled environments.
The main character is a battle scarred veteran who just can't adjust to normal life. So he gets a chance to be on the show, puts a team together, and soon discovers that the people running the show are much more dangerous than the zombies he signed up to fight.

4. Blame - A story about a bunch of people on a cruise ship who find themselves unable to go home after hackers manage to break into a secure defense network and launch nuclear missiles, sparking a nuclear holocaust. Throughout the course of the story, the survivors on the cruise ship face a number of problems such as where to go, how to conserve fuel, how to conserve food, etc. As they cruise south toward Antarctica to avoid the fallout, they discover just who was behind it all.

5. Vampire Star - Something I suppose you could call a gothic hard scifi story. I had written it around 2003, long before a slightly similarly themed film called "Daybreakers" came into being. "Vampire Star" was heavily inspired by "Ender's Game" by Orson Scott Card. It is about a bleak near future in which vampires had secretly co-existed with humans for centuries. After the vampires attempted to take over, a massive battle ensued. Most of the vampires along with most of humanity were destroyed. The remaining vampires took thousands of captive humans as a food supply and fled to space, far from the dangers of the Sun.
The main character, an orphan of the dark wars, joins the fleet of hunter ships being launched to pursue the vampire menace, to attempt a rescue of the captives and to ensure the vampires never return to Earth. The story follows him and the friends he makes as they train to kill vampires in space. Eventually they come across the Vampire Star, a massive space station which houses the oldest and most powerful surviving vampires.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12

I'm also a screenwriter, Producer, filmmaker and ATS is where I come first for inspiration, ideas, and treatments

i hope your "inspiration" you got from particular ATS members threads are put in the credits
like the link from the particular thread and the nick

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
NatGeo already stole my idea, on Preppers.

It's funny you would say that. I was thinking the same thing about one of my older scripts when Doomsday Preppers first aired. It was called "Isolation" about a guy who is so freaked out by the possibility of some global catastrophe that he moves out to this completely isolated self-sufficient homestead, miles from civilization.

Then things begin to get weird. A strange haze in the night sky. Animals acting weird. Strange noises at night. He then discovers that he can no longer leave. An unknown, invisible substance surrounds the valley where he lives. On his side, everything is alive. on the other side, everything is dead.

As the story progresses, the man tries and fails to communicate with the outside world. Then these slimy mutant creatures begin crossing the line and attacking his farm. As he fights them off, they eventually come back in force. After an epic battle, the homestead is in flames and he is captured by these mutants. It is then that he discovers they can talk. They were former humans who had been mutated by the force outside of the valley. To them, HE is the monster who had killed so many of them.

At the last minute, an Army convoy rolls in wearing full chemical protective suits and saves him. No explaination is given as to what exactly happened or what what will happen to him now that the farm is gone.

The whole script was loosely inspired by "Z for Zachariah". A book I read many years ago back in high school about a young girl who is left alive and alone at the family farm when the nuclear holocaust traps her there.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I actually have script/screenplay I'm working on. I won't really go into details, but it's about a guy who owns a multinational construction company; he plants bombs in the buildings he constructs, and before blowing them up, invests his stocks where it will skyrocket. It is his bid for monopolizing control on the world.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben81

Originally posted by olaru12

i hope your "inspiration" you got from particular ATS members threads are put in the credits
like the link from the particular thread and the nick

of course....

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

lol just checking

many like to steal ideas from other people
and put the credit for themself
nice to know you are not like that

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:04 PM
link   
If my idea becomes a movie, I'll know who to talk to

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

I actually have script/screenplay I'm working on. I won't really go into details, but it's about a guy who owns a multinational construction company; he plants bombs in the buildings he constructs, and before blowing them up, invests his stocks where it will skyrocket. It is his bid for monopolizing control on the world.

Good idea. Reminds me of a script I never finished years ago about a serial killer who is also a realtor. He makes his living by selling a select few houses, killing the people he sells them to, and then reselling the houses over and over again.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   
For all those aspiring screenplay writers; there is an industry standard for submitting your script.
If your presentation doesn't match exactly; your script will never be read, and thrown away.
So learn the proper format and get to writing the next blockbuster.

I use this free software...

celtx.en.softonic.com...

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by olaru12

Thanks; I'll check out the link

top topics

join