It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fox anchor suspended for calling Maddow an angry young man

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtrenthacker

Originally posted by humphreysjim
TheAngryFarm, if we're being honest, he did not tell the truth at all. Maddow is not an "angry young man", however much some might think she resembles one. A woman is a woman, regardless of appearance.

Whilst I'm not PC enough to care either about his insult, or think his suspension is justified, this is the kind of attack you make when you've lost - thoroughly and completely. If this is what you've resorted to, it's time to throw in the towel, because you're done.
edit on 16-11-2012 by humphreysjim because: (no reason given)

Could be or, if he's anything like me, just a sarcastic smartass.

I thought it might have been a smartass comment until I realized it came from Fox.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 09:54 AM
link   
The comment doesn't bother me at all, I could care less. It's just the response of ats members. This site is being overtaken by a certain type of member, it's skewing much farther right then I ever remember it. It used to much more middle of the road.

Thread like this are examples of this.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
looks like a duck...

walks like a duck....

it's a duck

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by humphreysjim

The reporter who was suspended was a chick, not a he, and an orange chick at that.

The point is that there is no reason for people to get all uppity over a comment, especially one like this. Maddow chooses to look like a guy, therefore it should be no surprise when people call Maddow a guy. People can shake angry fists all day long, but the bottom line is that if you choose to look a certain way, dont be surprised if people comment on it. Appearance is an unspoken expression, and when people express themselves, there will be opinions on it.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by drock905
The comment doesn't bother me at all, I could care less. It's just the response of ats members. This site is being overtaken by a certain type of member, it's skewing much farther right then I ever remember it. It used to much more middle of the road.

Thread like this are examples of this.

How do you know the people saying Maddow looks like a guy are on the "right"?

It doesnt take a political ideology to realize some lesbians look like men.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spaceg0at
looks like a duck...

walks like a duck....

it's a duck

Could have gone so much further with that one!!

If it looks like a duck, walks like a duck, quacks like a duck, don't tell me it is two midgets in an overcoat with a gazoo!

Had to channel Lewis Black for a second there to get that one in!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheAngryFarm
reply to post by humphreysjim

The point is that there is no reason for people to get all uppity over a comment, especially one like this.

I agree, I don't think anyone should have been suspended. I was just clearing up that the insult wasn't actually truthful, and was pretty lame and childish too.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

so Butch got upset about it?
Maddow is definitely a man trapped in a female body. The Left wingers can call all the names on their show and nothing happens. The moment a right wing channel staff makes a remark, it gets their attention. F***ing idiots.
edit on 16-11-2012 by hp1229 because: edit content

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by detachedindividual

A Fox news anchor was back on the air Tuesday night following a 2-day suspension for calling MSNBC host Rachel Maddow an "angry young man" on Facebook.

Full article

That is hilarious.

Since Maddow chooses to look like a man, there is no harm in calling her an angry young man.

Just more oversensitive PC bs from the station who suspended her to fend off complaints from the gay community.

Comedy Gold.

The funniest thing about this story is that a Fox employee was called a "news" anchor.

Could it be that Fox is actually waking up to the fact that they are failing on all counts? The racists, homophobes and religious nut-cases are on the decline, and as that continues to happen the ridiculous BS these merchants spout becomes less and less relevant to society.

Perhaps they've finally woken up and now realize that this kind of BS is not supported by the majority of Americans?

And, this is a credibility issue too. You cannot be taken seriously as a "news" broadcaster making those kind of comments. The fact that so many loony Repubs think it's okay shows the kind of cr*p they pay attention to and exposes their own ignorance. No wonder most people laugh at you all!

You certainly are a "detached individual" aren't you?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Blueracer

ATS is letting the bar drop lower and lower with each crop of new posters.

Maybe it's time to redefine the "deny ignorance" line?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by VaterOrlaag
reply to post by Blueracer

ATS is letting the bar drop lower and lower with each crop of new posters.

Maybe it's time to redefine the "deny ignorance" line?

I know... it was stupid enough for me to overreact and get my hand bit by the mods. I never do that. I guess I now know my threshold for mouth-breathing misogynists.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Stating Rachel Maddow looks like a man has nothing to do with misogyny.

It has to do with her looking like a young man in college who works at Starbucks.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

reply to post by Cuervo

Stating Rachel Maddow looks like a man has nothing to do with misogyny.

It has to do with her looking like a young man in college who works at Starbucks.

The implication that dressing a certain way removes her gender identity is virtually the epitome of misogyny.

If she actually looked like a dude (like Ann Coulter), then that would just be an observation as in "Ann Coulter looks like a dude because she has very masculine features". However, this is simply based on Rachel's choice to look like a professional and not a sex object.

In a subtle way, I think this signifies the discomfort men get when women "step out of their place" by looking professional when they should be eye candy.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

I'm sure things seem that way in your little twisted world of whatever feminist ideology you chose to be brainwashed in, but in reality the anchor who was suspended said Maddow is an angry young man.

Is the anchorwoman a misogynist too? You are neglecting to realize that the OP was about a FEMALE who said Maddow looked like a dude. Was she threatened because Maddow "stepped out of her role" too?

Your little comments are nothing more than feminist inspired hyperbole. Maddow looks much more like a man than Coulter does. Coulter is simply ugly. Maddow is both ugly and manly looking. Not manly in the sense that she looks like a construction worker, she just looks like one of those questionable gendered males that works at starbucks or the college bookstore.

Is People Magazine misogynistic too?

People says that Mikula "loves indulging in girlie accessories like purses" while Maddow claims to "look like a dude."

Source

edit on 16-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Looking professional is not the same thing as looking androgenous. Plenty of women manage to look professional, and avoid being looked at as sex objects, but very few take it to the extreme of looking like one of the little rascals. I've said before, even though I am a fan of long hair, I still think Rachel Maddow is attractive, because of her features, and her skin, etc. BUT, it is not misogony to make sarcastic comments about her looks. In this very thread people have called Justin Bieber a girl. Is that also misogony? What about the complaints of Glenn Beck crying at the drop of a hat?

People will pick on celebrities, it just goes with the territory. It isn't sexist, even if the comments are sexist in nature. Now, if someone came out and said she couldn't possibly know what she was talking about, because she doesn't have a penis, then that is sexist! Of if they say the hate her because she has a vagina, then that is sexist. Saying she looks like a boy is not sexist.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
double post, mods please delete.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
On a side note, one could also question whether Maddow has psychological issues in regards to her mother. She might even be in love her and secretly want a piece of mom.

Maddows Girlfriend:

Maddows Mom:

There is a similarity between Maddows mom, and her much older girlfriend.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAngryFarm

She has no more psychological issues than a man who marries a girl young enough to be his daughter. And there are PLENTY of those men around.

Sometimes a person simply loves another person for who they are on the inside - not just on the outside.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

a woman has short hair so she looks like a guy? Really?

Yeah, she really did

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

The anchor knows she's a woman. You know she's a woman. Her comment wasn't "she looks like a guy". She actually called her a man. That is disingenuous. It was wrong for a "professional" (using the term lightly here being FOX and all) to say that.

And, just to compare here:

Maddow:

"News" Anchor:

Only differences I see are a bad dye job, a fake tan, some seriously tacky contact lenses, and a deer-in-the-headlights expression.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join