It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Belief

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Are you free to believe what you want to believe? Or do you believe what some book will have you to believe? Or even, do you believe what somebody else will have you to believe?

I won't believe what some book or somebody else would have me to believe. I have my own mind to make up about the Ultimate Reality, which is what this believing thing is deeply about. And I know to keep my mind shut to external influences outside of my own witnessings and own experiences in this lifetime here on earth I've got.

Here is my own belief in a nut shell:

I believe in spirit teleportation from this reality upon us right now since my spirit teleported twice from this reality in the past. This does make me believe I might not experience dying. I believe the reality I enter upon being removed from here is a reality where lies a utopia, where there is much wealth for my spirit. And plus I believe my spirit is not alone in existence.

Since I've had direct experience with the Ultimate Reality's spirit teleportation and much more than meets the eye, I find that I am to be considered a mystic.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

If we only believe what we want to believe, then what's the point in knowing the truth? We'd just trade it in for a shinier belief system.

I think that's already been done, actually.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Believe whatever you want. Your beliefs have no effect on the truth. The truth is true no matter what you believe.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Believe whatever you want. Your beliefs have no effect on the truth. The truth is true no matter what you believe.

Really? I think there are some physicists who would disagree with you there.

Nothing is "true". Life is not binary like we believed in the last few generations of scientific inquiry. It is not "on or off", "true or false", "left or right". There is perspective and experience. My blue may be your red, my trash your treasure, my goddess your imagination. Beliefs have every effect on truth. It could even be argued that what you see as truth is only so because we all reached a voluntary consensus making it so.

Perhaps gravity works because we believe it does? Science has yet to explain any energy field, let alone gravity. The chair you sit on may cease to be a chair the moment you leave your house. It may become an entire universe that is born and fizzles out all within the span of time you were at the store getting groceries.

Reality is not concrete and everything is up for interpretation. How do you really know there is anything outside of the areas you have visited? There is no proof it is not in your head, even. There is only belief.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by WarJohn

I believe the reality I enter upon being removed from here is a reality where lies a utopia, where there is much wealth for my spirit. And plus I believe my spirit is not alone in existence.

How is that different from what people who believe in their religions version of heaven?

Since I've had direct experience with the Ultimate Reality's spirit teleportation and much more than meets the eye, I find that I am to be considered a mystic.

The origins of religions are also rooted in spiritual experiences not very different from what you described. The books and organized religions came much, much later.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Truth is subjective, considering no one sees exactly the same thing.

top topics

join