It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Star trek online...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Just found out yesterday thats its now been made free to play, so thought i might as well give it ago and see what its like, got any hints to help me along the way.
Any one play it already too?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKiryu

Oh, fascinating. Twenty particles of space dust per cubic meter, 52 ultraviolet radiation spikes, and a class-2 comet.

Well, this is certainly worthy of our attention.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
I played it when it first came out it's not a bad game. When you get into the higher ranks some really cool ships start coming out. The Photonic Fleet kicks butt.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Star Trek Online has been free to play for quite some time. It's an ok game, but lacks substance. About a year ago I received a 10 day "VIP" membership, and during that time was able to level two characters to the level 50 cap.

If you want something more, Star Wars - the Old Republic, is transitioning to free to play effective TODAY, 11/15/2012. Unless your primary fixation is with aerial combat, I'd highly recommend it over Star Trek.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Awell, sounds pretty average then, im just sick of the hype surronding Call of duty, cos lets be honest its not that goos lol, so i was looking for something a bit different to play.

As for the fact its been fp2 for a while i didnt know, steam just started to advertise it, so i thought why not lol. might give it a try just to see what its like then, cheers for letting me know about it

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for the heads up about star trek, there are a lot of very good free to play games around at the moment, i cant wait for planetside 2 myself.

Mechwarrior, KOTR, world of tanks, Super Monday night combat, DOTA 2 (great game in depth), are incredibly addictive Free to play, although paying for goodies is part of the business model, if you become good at these games it is possible to maintain a decent Kdr without spending money.

I am pretty sure that a lot of gamers will not play any free to play game that is blatantly pay to win, and this is understood by the devs.

I will be rebuilding my gaming machine soon i7 3770k and nvidia gtx 670, ( i recommend this build to anyone who wants a decent gaming rig) specifically for planetside 2, it would be great if we had an ATS gaming clan for battlefield and other fps or mmofps.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The X

No bother
Like i said i didnt even realise untill Steam begin to advertise it.
Yeah i much prefer finding other game not alwasy fp2 but things that are not as mainstream as the like of CoD (mainly cos i just dislike the entire game play of it) but its also sometimes nice to support the little devs out there too

new topics

top topics

join