It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mysterious stranding on Irish beach involved up to 50,000 starfish!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Here I read an article on Yahoo about up to 50,000 starfish that apparently washed up and died overnight on an Irish beach??

They are mostly only adult starfish? This is odd adding to the massive die-offs of things happening in today's world??

www.grindtv.com...

Link above for anyone interested...

Bill Crowe, a marine biologist at Sligo Institute of Technology, theorized that the starfish (also called sea stars) might have been lifted ashore while feeding on mussel beds in the nearshore tidal zone. They were spread over nearly 500 feet of coastline.

"The most likely explanation is that they were feeding on mussels, but it is a little strange that none of them were attached to mussels when they were washed in," Crowe said.

A toxic algae bloom would seem another possible explanation, but no other type of marine life was affected. Only starfish, mostly adult size, were found on the beach.

Equally mysterious is that virtually all of the starfish were dead, meaning they had succumbed surprisingly quickly after coming or being delivered ashore.

Other experts agreed that the most likely explanation is stormy weather, and perhaps high surf that deposited the starfish on the beach.

The scientists apparently have no explanation for this? Nor do I.........This is just odd that there are no other fish or any other kind of life dead here other than starfish??

Mods I did a search with no results....If this is in the wrong forum, please move......Thanks!

Any thoughts??

edit on 11/15/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

edit on 11/15/2012 by Chrisfishenstein because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chrisfishenstein

The scientists apparently have no explanation for this? Nor do I.........This is just odd that there are no other fish or any other kind of life dead here other than starfish??

I'd take this as a warning not to eat any mussels......it's just speculation per the article, but well worth avoiding to be on the safe side.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Yeah I read that too......That is very upsetting, because I LOVE mussels!!

I think that is just a vague "I don't know maybe it's this" kind of excuse to me though....?

The mass die-offs have been very tragic and happening more frequently over the past few years, it is very concerning to me how only 1 species happens to fall tragically to whatever is causing this.....

People say pole shifts, chemicals, etc......But I am not sure this is anything but a very bad omen toward humans..?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:58 AM
link   
I wonder when it'll be our turn. We deserve it the most after all

edit on 15-11-2012 by Sozen94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   
How come it always seems to be from the sea or from the air? How come we don't get mass mammal die off? Or do we? Might have missed something but the last few I've heard of have been dolphins / birds and now starfish. There must be some kind of link we're missing.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsitallabout

Unless "they" would consider animal die-offs as angry hunters violently shooting massive amounts of animals, or predators attacking multiple animals at once....?

I don't know if this smells of a cover up or not, but we always only hear what they want us to.......Maybe people only think birds, honey bees, starfish, and other life that has died in a massive die-off are things people don't care to look into?? I am not sure, but I don't remember anyone ever doing a follow up story to why this is happening??

YOU??

I only have heard the stories with nothing else to follow up.......Kinda weird, NO???

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Very strange indeed. It'd be kind of nice (maybe not the correct terminology) to hear the reasons behind the facts once its been investigated properly. But then again, if so called experts don't have a clue where to start, who's going to know?

They could tell most people ANYTHING and it would be accepted, but to a few theres going to be more to it than what's being let on. I think so anyhow.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Whatsitallabout

I think it would be awesome to put together different groups from ATS.......Like scientist groups, detective groups, etc.....So WE could investigate situations like these to see what REALLY happened!!

I think that would be the only way the truth would come out, to do it ourselves!!

top topics

join