It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We met in dreams because we dreamed the same dream.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   
"When I go to sleep I want to dream the same dream that you are dreaming
when you go to sleep and you want to dream the same dream that I am dreaming
and we meet in dreams"

psychcentral.com...

Sometimes I have this feeling when I go to sleep in the evening that I will dream the same dream that many others will dream in the same night.

junocristi.blogspot.ro...

Maybe they do.But we do not know who we dream the same dream.

Sometimes in the day when I dream with my eyes open to this...World,I feel like many others dream the same dream at the same time.

I feel like we have a common awareness that can make people dream the same things.

superb150.blogspot.ro...

As a post somewhere on individual consciences can bring a common consciousness before integration into the common consciousness.

Someone once said, "I have a dream..."

Maybe we dream that person's dream and we don't know.

Or that dream is about to come true ...and we do not know.

Do you have the same dream that others dream with you in the common consciousness?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Interesting thoughts, I have often wondered whether people can have the same dream mainly because of a strange one about my best friend from school whom I haven't seen in over 15 years. I have had many dreams about her where we always meet up, once was on a bridge, another time in a house as examples. The strange thing is that on several occasions within these dreams I have actually said to her "we only ever meet up in our dreams" and I think we laugh about it. Strange huh?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

What a lovely sentiment, OP.

Yes, we dream of Avalon and the return of Arthur.

Have a great day.

X.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Yesmaybe

The strange thing is that on several occasions within these dreams I have actually said to her "we only ever meet up in our dreams" and I think we laugh about it. Strange huh?
Indeed very strange maybe you should try to look for her and talk to her about it.

Or maybe you already talked in dreams.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I had thought about starting a similar thread. Something which has made me curious for a long while is dreaming about complete strangers and places I've never been.

The other night I dreamed I was in a small domestic airport I have never been to, standing with a Japanese family - mother, father and sister, waiting for their son to come through arrivals. When he came through they were all overjoyed and hugged each other, in fact the father was so ecstatic he collapsed in tears of joy. It was though he had been away for a very long time and was perhaps not expected to return.

Is the mind that fantastic that it can create something which is so unfamiliar to the waking world (I'm not Japanese and have no friends from that part of the world)? Or was I sharing a dream? A prediction? A past event?

Perplexing stuff

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Yes, we dream of Avalon and the return of Arthur. Have a great day.
reply to post by Xoanon

And many other good things.

Thank you for your beautiful answer.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Ginga

The other night I dreamed I was in a small domestic airport I have never been to, standing with a Japanese family - mother, father and sister, waiting for their son to come through arrivals. When he came through they were all overjoyed and hugged each other, in fact the father was so ecstatic he collapsed in tears of joy. It was though he had been away for a very long time and was perhaps not expected to return.
For each of us there is an airport where someone is waiting.

Maybe that is a common airport where we meet with other people...in dreams.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by piequal3because14
reply to post by Yesmaybe

The strange thing is that on several occasions within these dreams I have actually said to her "we only ever meet up in our dreams" and I think we laugh about it. Strange huh?
Indeed very strange maybe you should try to look for her and talk to her about it.

Or maybe you already talked in dreams.

Hmm if I spoke to her and she said the same.....would be freaky

Maybe I can try and discuss it further in my dreams!

edit on 15-11-2012 by Yesmaybe because: typo

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
for a short period of time i was having these dreams where i was just face to face with other people, we were just looking at each other, it was so vivid and intense. i can remember exactly what their faces look like and i always wonder if i will see them in real life, how cool would that be?!!! maybe they were dreaming about me?

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by piequal3because14

Great post, thank you for taking the time to write it.

I think that we can travel through time and space while we are dreaming because, at that point, one's soul/essence is not restrained by the limits of time and physics or rules.

I think it is possible to meet loved ones in dreams, because there are times when we just know they are there. Where else does that warmth and love and care that you feel during these dreams come from? How could it be exactly like the love one feels from a physically present loved one if it is not real?

I think that dream people are actual people that you know, maybe you know them in an alternate reality or dimension or in your future... but you DO know them.

And, I definitely think it is possible to wander around and witness events you are not physically or emotionally present for.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

think that dream people are actual people that you know, maybe you know them in an alternate reality or dimension or in your future... but you DO know them.
First ,Thank you Ottobot.

Indeed they are people that we actually know but more then this.

There is an intrinsic connection between the two worlds and it forms a whole.
They may be relatives of those from the other world and create a connection with this world by sending certain
messages that Earthly people cannot otherwise.

edit on 16-11-2012 by piequal3because14 because: I resized the the post

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   

"Row, Row, Row Your Boat"

Row, row, row your boat,

Gently down the stream,

Merrily, merrily,

merrily, merrily,

Life is but a dream.

Do you remember singing this song as a kid too OP?

Beautiful post

Lewis Carroll, in his famous poem ending Through the Looking Glass used a variation of Row, Row, Row, Row Your Boat as the poem's central theme:

A BOAT beneath a sunny sky,
Lingering onward dreamily
In an evening of July —

Children three that nestle near,
Eager eye and willing ear,
Pleased a simple tale to hear —

Long has paled that sunny sky:
Echoes fade and memories die:
Autumn frosts have slain July.

Still she haunts me, phantomwise,
Alice moving under skies
Never seen by waking eyes.

Children yet, the tale to hear,
Eager eye and willing ear,
Lovingly shall nestle near.

In a Wonderland they lie,
Dreaming as the days go by,
Dreaming as the summers die:

Ever drifting down the stream —
Lingering in the golden gleam —
Life, what is it but a dream?

Note: The first letter of each line in the poem spells out the full name, Alice Pleasance Liddell, the "real" Alice that was Carroll's dreamchild muse, and inspiration.

SOURCE

In Through the Looking - Glass

The story ends with Alice recalling the speculation of the Tweedle brothers, that everything may have, in fact, been a dream of the Red King and that Alice might herself be no more than a figment of his imagination.

One final poem is inserted by the author as a sort of epilogue which suggests that life itself is but a dream.

Just some interesting musings on the life is but a dream "theme". If any fellow chess players find the thought interesting, you will enjoy the chess references.

Theme of chess
Lewis Carroll's diagram of the story as a chess game

Whereas the first book has the deck of cards as a theme, this book is based on a game of chess, played on a giant chessboard with fields for squares. Most main characters in the story are represented by a chess piece or animals, with Alice herself being a pawn.

The looking-glass world is divided into sections by brooks or streams, with the crossing of each brook usually signifying a notable change in the scene and action of the story: the brooks represent the divisions between squares on the chessboard, and Alice's crossing of them signifies advancing of her piece one square.

Furthermore, since the brook-crossings do not always correspond to the beginning and ends of chapters, most editions of the book visually represent the crossings by breaking the text with several lines of asterisks

Anyway

Thanks for the thought provoking post OP
S&F
edit on 18-11-2012 by SyntheticPerception because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Thought you may enjoy this video OP

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
reply to post by SyntheticPerception

Thanks for the thought provoking post
And thank you for your beautiful answer,

Life is but a dream.
Life it doesn't use to be a dream.

The times we are living or the closeness between the two worlds can make life seem a dream.

Just some interesting musings on the life is but a dream "theme". If any fellow chess players find the thought interesting, you will enjoy the chess references.

They tried to implement chess game to the masses of people but life cannot be treated as chess game.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
WOW the title of this thread is awesome and it made me think lol

new topics

top topics

join