It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to secede?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Now that people in all 50 states have a petition formed to secede from the union, this topic has hit home to most of us here in the US.

I don't believe in seceding. I just don't get it, myself. I would much rather find a way for our country to come together. Call me a "hippy" if you want. I am curious, though. Have any of you signed the petition for your state?

I genuinely want to hear from someone who gladly signed the petition. Why did you sign it? What do you hope to achieve? Do you think your state will actually secede? Also curious which state you are from if you are willing to share.

Note: There are more than enough threads to debate this. I am not looking for arguments here. I want to hear the thoughts of actual people who signed the petition.

edit on 14-11-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   
I am not sure i am all for it either, but i was thinking earlier.

If All the states get enough signatures to make this happen, it
would be a non violent way for us to take our country back.

All 50 states could succeed from the U.S. and rejoin creating
a new U.S. which would leave our current govt in charge of
D.C. only.

It would be a opportunity for us to put the country back to
where it should be, clean out the ones in charge that are
running this country into the ground and return to what we
once were.

It is a interesting concept. Where we the people would be
in charge again, instead of the few handpicked 'leaders'.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
While I did not sign any of the petitions (legally, they are meaningless) I would be the first person to move to a state that decided to go off on their own and leave this joke of a nation.

The U.S., and more specifically, the American people, have become a laughing stock. The majority is uneducated, and believe in 1 of 2 major myths: religion & big government.

Both are detrimental to the very foundations of freedom.

I want to live in a new state, one that is free of leftist parasites and jesus freaks. I want to have the freedom to do what I want with the only condition being I do not inflict demonstrable damages on the property or rights of others.

I do not want the fruits of my labor taken from me and redistributed to others.

I do not want a government telling me what I can or cant buy.

I do not want politicians, or anyone else for that matter telling me what I may or may not do with my own property.

I want to live in a country that adheres to the ideas of small and limited government. The ideas laid out in the Constitution that served this country well for quite some time.

Basically, I want to be left the hell alone without the interference of government, or the schizophrenics who think "god" knows best.

edit on 14-11-2012 by TheAngryFarm because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Congratulations!!!!

You are the 100th person to post a secession thread in the past 3 days!

Seriously, you can stop beating the horse, it's dead.

This topic has been ran through the wringer in every direction and inside out. It's just more Right vs Left spouting off.
Nothing is going to come of it.

I tell you what, lets make a deal. If a State actually does proceed on this course of action, we discuss the crap out of it. But until then we all agree to let the horse rest in peace.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchitburn
reply to post by tport17

Congratulations!!!!

You are the 100th person to post a secession thread in the past 3 days!

Seriously, you can stop beating the horse, it's dead.

This topic has been ran through the wringer in every direction and inside out. It's just more Right vs Left spouting off.
Nothing is going to come of it.

I tell you what, lets make a deal. If a State actually does proceed on this course of action, we discuss the crap out of it. But until then we all agree to let the horse rest in peace.

Actually I created it because all of the other threads are discussing whether or not it could actually happen, and giving updates on the various petitions. Also arguments.

I actually want to hear from people who have signed it. They are out there somewhere, but I haven't heard of a soul who has actually signed it and told WHY.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Now that all 50 states have a petition formed to secede from the union, this topic has hit home to most of us here in the US.

I don't believe in seceding. I just don't get it, myself. I would much rather find a way for our country to come together. Call me a "hippy" if you want. I am curious, though. Have any of you signed the petition for your state?

I genuinely want to hear from someone who gladly signed the petition. Why did you sign it? What do you hope to achieve? Do you think your state will actually secede? Also curious which state you are from if you are willing to share.

1)50 states do not, repeat, DO NOT have petitions formed. People within each of the 50 states do. Very big difference.

2)Secession WILL NOT happen. Period. Unless this small, LOUD minority wants to start a civil war (and quickly get killed), it will not happen.

3)All of this secession talk is nothing but whining. People like Ron Paul, Donald Trump, etc should be ashamed of themselves for putting this into the minds of the public. ASHAMED.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I have not signed any secession petition, however I think it would be a good idea for the states to stand together in supporting a petition that forces all members of the federal government to secede! THEY are the minority you know!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by captaintyinknots
1)50 states do not, repeat, DO NOT have petitions formed. People within each of the 50 states do. Very big difference.

2)Secession WILL NOT happen. Period. Unless this small, LOUD minority wants to start a civil war (and quickly get killed), it will not happen.

3)All of this secession talk is nothing but whining. People like Ron Paul, Donald Trump, etc should be ashamed of themselves for putting this into the minds of the public. ASHAMED.

1. Sorry, I knew that and typed it wrong anyway. I'll fix it.

2. I don't CARE if it will happen or not. I know it won't which is one of the reasons why I stated I don't agree with it. That discussion is for a different thread. This thread is for people who have signed it and why.

3. Couldn't agree more. Usually people say they will leave the country if so-and-so becomes president. This time, people were to lazy to actually leave the country so they want to secede from the country.
edit on 14-11-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
I am not sure i am all for it either, but i was thinking earlier.

If All the states get enough signatures to make this happen, it
would be a non violent way for us to take our country back.

All 50 states could succeed from the U.S. and rejoin creating
a new U.S. which would leave our current govt in charge of
D.C. only.

It would be a opportunity for us to put the country back to
where it should be, clean out the ones in charge that are
running this country into the ground and return to what we
once were.

It is a interesting concept. Where we the people would be
in charge again, instead of the few handpicked 'leaders'.

It is just a temper tantrum -

And I think it is safe to safe the the modern confederates are too stupid
To note that their policies have been just as "big government" and statist.

I wish these people would grow a brain.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

I signed the oregon petition. i do not wish to secede BUT i do wish the government would pay attention and realize that we DONT LIKE WHAT ITS DOING. i did not sign it as an angry republican or a racist person but as a person that is concerned for the freedom of my future generations. TSA exams and patriot acts are not free........its like when you go to jail and get stripped of everything... I want more than anything to keep my country but not this corp. american corruption.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

2)Secession WILL NOT happen. Period. Unless this small, LOUD minority wants to start a civil war (and quickly get killed), it will not happen

Who is going to kill them?

That would involve getting up off the couch and turning off reality tv, and stop creating threads how awesome the current government is.

You know they use to call that work.

To me seems those who want to secede have nothing to worry about with the majority of troops overseas.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

2)Secession WILL NOT happen. Period. Unless this small, LOUD minority wants to start a civil war (and quickly get killed), it will not happen

Who is going to kill them?

That would involve getting up off the couch and turning off reality tv, and stop creating threads how awesome the current government is.

You know they use to call that work.

To me seems those who want to secede have nothing to worry about with the majority of troops overseas.

Can always count on you for some good ol' anti-liberal rhetoric.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

Or how about just not trolling...

dont like the topic, dont click the thread

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:31 PM
link   
These are petitions (1st Amendment Right) expressing disgust with the state and direction of the nation. It is a form of protest, which is freedom of speech (another 1st Amendment right).
While I don't think secession is achievable, nor do most of the petition signers (I'm not one of them, BTW), it is inherently tyrannical for 2 small populous regions to rule over the geographic majority. Forcing people to accept things is one thing. Forcing them to pay for and practice things that they morally and philosophically oppose is authoritarianism at its worst.
Simply asking the federal government to acknowledge and follow the law of the land (the Constitution, with its 10th Amendment) is not too much to ask.

And Ron Paul, in particular, should be proud that he awakened a decent percentage of the population to the deplorable state of the nation and its dangerous direction. How dare he push the ideas that our Founding Fathers espoused and the policies that made the nation successful!?!

This is a protest, pure and simple. One that doesnt end with taxpayers paying to clean up millions of dollars worth of poo and trash.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MissCoyote
reply to post by tport17

I signed the oregon petition. i do not wish to secede BUT i do wish the government would pay attention and realize that we DONT LIKE WHAT ITS DOING. i did not sign it as an angry republican or a racist person but as a person that is concerned for the freedom of my future generations. TSA exams and patriot acts are not free........its like when you go to jail and get stripped of everything... I want more than anything to keep my country but not this corp. american corruption.

Thank you for replying!

So you signed with the intention of sending a message. I can respect that. If the government ignores the petitions, what then?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepump

true, that is the first thing i though when i saw it start as well,
just some unhappy children throwing a fit and kicking their
feet.
Honestly i cant see anything coming from it.. other than peoples
feelings hurt.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Then like abraham lincoln said...America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves. Abraham Lincoln

i will be ready for the day people actually grow up and put their big girl panties on!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Can always count on you for some good ol' anti-liberal rhetoric.

Actually my rhetoric is liberal in the classic sense since I support those states right to self determination anyone who doesn't support them or condemn them are the antithesis of liberal.

link   
We need to vote on "Most Likely to Secede" for the 2012 Yearbook.

XD

link   
reply to post by tport17

Yes, please.
Austin wants to secede from the rest of Texas - the part infested with the ignorant masses.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join