It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you want to secede?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I won't sign any of these for reasons that should be obvious to ATS members. I do believe much shenanigans went on in vote totals and such and that folks do have every right to express their displeasure with the election and the direction this country is headed.

One question I have on the petitions is this, isn't the President supposed to give an answer of some kind when an individual petiton reaches 25,000 signatures? or doe's he get to pick and choose those he likes to answer - maybe those that fall more in line with the party line? ehh.

Me thinks more hypocracy from the King!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I signed a petition to make those Texans that secede and want to be tourists in New Mexico; who want to ski, gamble, hunt, fish, hang out in Santa Fe and Taos. They will now have to apply for a visa with our state department of tourism and pass a background check with the authorities. If they are on their way to Colorado now that MJ is legal; they will have to get a special stamp for their visa and they may get a substantial discount on their cracker jacks, cheese fish and beer, for their return trip back to Texas. 7/11 discounts will be available with the proper stamp and secret handshake.

Those states seceding other than Texas will need to send a certified representative for a personal interview; for qualification for visa distribution in their particular state. Females with large breasts will be given preferential treatment and a nice gift box and a coupon book.

edit on 14-11-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by tport17

Nope, I live in North Dakota. Here jobs are booming and we are one of a very small group of states not running in a defecit. Things are great up here. Of course if we did leave we could sell you all our oil making us the richest country in North America

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by lcbjr1979

Keep working on it...

1. Texas
It's no surprise that Texas is the largest domestic producer of oil as this state has had a culture associated with the oil business for more than century.
In January 2011, crude oil production in Texas averaged 962,338 barrels a day.

2. Alaska
Alaska is the second-largest oil producer of crude oil with average daily production of 670,553 barrels in

3. California

In December 2010, California reported average daily production of 536,800 barrels of oil from both onshore and offshore areas. This doesn't include offshore production from the Outer Continental Shelf that is regulated by the federal government, which typically averages about 35,000 barrels per day.

4. North Dakota
it has seen oil production increase from less than 100,000 barrels per day in 2005 to the 348,367 barrels per day reported in February 2011.

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
While all the other petitions are written to say: peacefully grant "state" to leave the United States of America and create its own NEW government, my state petition includes a qualifying clause that states: "and remain an ally to the Nation" ... sounds a little like hedging one's bet...

edit on 14-11-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

sounds a little like hedging one's bet...

Really?

To me it sounds like making sure they don't get invaded and droned to death.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by tport17
Now that people in all 50 states have a petition formed to secede from the union, this topic has hit home to most of us here in the US.

I don't believe in seceding. I just don't get it, myself. I would much rather find a way for our country to come together. Call me a "hippy" if you want. I am curious, though. Have any of you signed the petition for your state?

I genuinely want to hear from someone who gladly signed the petition. Why did you sign it? What do you hope to achieve? Do you think your state will actually secede? Also curious which state you are from if you are willing to share.

Note: There are more than enough threads to debate this. I am not looking for arguments here. I want to hear the thoughts of actual people who signed the petition.

edit on 14-11-2012 by tport17 because: (no reason given)

I honestly don't care. However, I rather not be in Alabama while still being black where 50% of people have firearms though. It screams "Race War" to me.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
United we stand Divided we fall.

Sounds like more are willing to give up than to fight. Wonder what the immigration polices will be if some states actually go through with it? Or how they will be treated by whats left of the US.

But at the same time i can see the frustration in having a state that produces and has to send those resources whether it be goods or taxes etc, to another state that in return offers nothing but another hand reaching out for more, i`d want out to.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I just want liberty.

Should the state I happen to live in secede that wouldnt go far enough. The mob will still rule my life.

Even if the town I happen to live in seceded it wouldnt be enough. The mob will still rule my life.

If my street seceded the mob would still rule my life.

Secession of my home and land. That's about the only way secession would bring about liberty.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:33 AM
link   
reply to post by roadgravel

That source is over a year old. Here is one from two days ago.

North Dakota is the nation's No. 2 oil producer, behind Texas.

The U.S. Department of Energy says North Dakota accounts for about 12 percent of total U.S. crude production. That's up from 1 percent less than five years ago

minnesota.publicradio.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by severdsoul
I am not sure i am all for it either, but i was thinking earlier.

If All the states get enough signatures to make this happen, it
would be a non violent way for us to take our country back.

All 50 states could succeed from the U.S. and rejoin creating
a new U.S. which would leave our current govt in charge of
D.C. only.

It would be a opportunity for us to put the country back to
where it should be, clean out the ones in charge that are
running this country into the ground and return to what we
once were.

It is a interesting concept. Where we the people would be
in charge again, instead of the few handpicked 'leaders'.

Here's a link for you.

Read this whole thing, and then think about what you posted. We never were what you think we were if you really think that secession will somehow get us back to whatever you think it was that we were. Some of you people have no idea what America really is all about. Not a clue. It's as if your entire view of this nation is a stack of heehaw bumper stickers that you once saw in a Branson, MO. gift shop.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:39 AM
link   
If at first you don't Secede........

Try (the bankers)
Try (the Politicians)
Try (the Bankers and the politicians)
Again!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by NorEaster

We never were what you think we were if you really think that secession will somehow get us back to whatever you think it was that we were. Some of you people have no idea what America really is all about. Not a clue. It's as if your entire view of this nation is a stack of heehaw bumper stickers that you once saw in a Branson, MO. gift shop.

Never heard it put quite that way before, but you sure nailed it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

I've mentioned this myself.
If all 50 states leave DC will have to pay all the bills that they racked up since 1913.
I don't know about you but I haven't gotten any benefits from all the corrupt bills they have passed. What has Haliburton done for you lately?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:06 AM
link   
In order to build, you must first destroy. Or so said Joseph Stalin.

Don't you find it strange that Scotland is looking for independence from the UK. Now some US states want independence from the US.

I wonder what they are going to create, other than a complete and utter shambles?!

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   
reply to post by tport17

no...I'd like to live a normal life without becoming one on a hit list for the government, which these idiotas who signed the petition will be put on. Gotta love that NDAA.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Bottom line is the US has become so big it can do nothing but fail. If you try to be all things to everyone eventually you will be nothing to anyone.

I think you are right. It's too big. It would be better for each state to have their own set of rules/values, etc., much as the countries of the EU have.

It's impossible to expect to govern this many people from on high, and I'm all for decentralized power. Local communities should have the right to decide how they want to live. Then we can say, "you know what? I don't like the way this state is headed. I'm moving to a state that supports my values."

A OP: No, I didn't sign anything. I am interested in what those who did think, though. Good thread. s/f
edit on 15-11-2012 by wildtimes because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wildtimes

Then we can say, "you know what? I don't like the way this state is headed. I'm moving to a state that supports my values."

Theoretically we can do that now.

Realistically it's an illusion.

Thrice I've ripped up my life by the roots and moved it to another state that "supports my values" and thrice each state, over time, has turned into what I was trying to flee.

The federal government isnt the problem. States arent the problem. The problem is all those morons out there who just cant mind their own damn business.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
There is an inevitable tipping point in the future where a state (or states) is going to have to stand up to the Federal government and say enough is enough. The Federal government is already way way way over the line on state's rights according to the Constitution. The current Democratic strategy is to push new laws and restrictions via judges, Supreme Court, or Executive Orders rather than having votes, passing bills, or creating new Amendments. Did "you" get to vote on a health care bill? I sure didn't.

I suspect the tipping point will arrive sooner rather than later with Texas and Arizona being the two most likely. They have been suffering from the ridiculous open border stance by the Feds for a long time and are fed up with not only the Feds refusal to support current laws but laws but also the Feds preventing Arizona law enforcement from upholding the law. Perhaps a Federal or U.N. law about gun control would seal the deal. That or all the taxes the current administration has looming and is threatening even more.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

Theoretically we can do that now.

Realistically it's an illusion.

I understand what you mean, and I agree. I've moved states myself. But it's an illusion as long as there are super-imposed rules, and as long as there's no "entrance exam" to do so.

One can become a citizen of the USA, by learning about it. But there's no "citizenship" requirement to move to a state, so every one of them has multiple "values" and lifestyles.

I know it sounds controversial, and I don't expect it to happen, but if people could simply go back to small self-sufficient communities that represent values which the person can respect, it would be a lot more peaceful.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join