It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lawmaker asks to be paid in gold, Seriously how screwed are we???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Just as the title says and i think it's a pretty big deal when an elected official confirms what many have talked about.

Lawmaker asks to be paid in gold

A Montana state lawmaker is asking that he be paid in gold coins because of his lack of faith in the U.S. dollar amid a rising deficit.

Jerry O’Neil, a Republican just reelected in his northern Montana district, says his constituents told him he was not honoring his duty to uphold the U.S. Constitution, which O’Neil and Gold Standard supporters say requires the government to print money backed by gold.

i think this speaks loudly at our current economic state of affairs. in the ponzi scheme of Keynesian economic practices it's be foretold that it's not an infinite model and ends in devaluation and hyperinflation. once you give the okay to print money forever to try and cover over the shortfalls, you have already lost the battle and it's just a matter of time.

A former supporter for Rep. Ron Paul’s (R-Texas) failed bid for president, O’Neil said he hasn’t heard back from the Montana Legislature about his request.

“I believe that if you take a look at the Constitution, that’s what it says. Actually, I think we’ve gotten a tremendously long way from it,” O’Neil said. “If we don’t start paying that debt down, we’re going to lose the country.”

www.politico.com...

he isn't the only one loosing faith in the dollar, just ask China, India, Russia and several other nations who have chosen recently to do business in other currencies besides the dollar and that includes buying oil.

i think the rest of this year is going to bring great despair to America, if only in how our fake economy comes to a close, a close that even Keynes would have the chills from.

one of his (Keynes) famous quotes. “In the long run, we are all dead,”

i don't know about you, but that being part of the system our govt. uses to run our policies and economics, scares the hell out of me.

anyone see a different end to this dilemma? when legislators openly ask to be paid in gold, "Houston, we have a problem" comes to mind. i just don't see any other way for this to end, but to end in and of itself and start over, without the federal reserve and un-backed currency.

edit on 14-11-2012 by LittleBlackEagle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleBlackEagle

And will be the same problem no matter who is in office until the Federal Reserve is gone, until it is acknowledged and dealt with we as a country will always be in debt. While we are at it take the money out of politics too ...

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tazkven

can't argue with you there as i share the same belief, i just found it surprising to hear representative saying it on the record. brings a lot of suspicions to light for me.

new topics

join