It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

first hand acount of hurricane sandy clean up.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Hi Ats i was just wanting to pass on some firsthand info i got from buddy who has been deployed to clean up hurricane sandy aftermath. He said before he left, the people in charge said there will be no cell phones or other communication devices allowed while there on the job, and whats really going on over there, not even half of it is being covered by main stream media, according to him its really bad, he only had a short time on the phone(dont know how he got it). but he says its bad over there. Now when he says bad and not as the media is portraying it, i dont know what to think. Either way he called(for about two minutes) and what he just wanted to get it out that what the rest of the country is seeing on tv is not whats going on, instead of shooting the sh*t like we usally do. so the question is, what is the goverment hidding? i would enjoy hearing what others know about this subject, thanks ats.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DocHolidaze

FEMA........Its lame attempt to do damage control and they sure hate being revealed as to how much of a failure they really are.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Communication is a huge problem. Most likely they are trying to prevent drag on the cell system so they can leave it open for important calls.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

i can see that, but what is so bad that the media is actively hiding?

reply to post by imagineering

good ole fema, didn't the gov give them money and resources so they can better deal with situations like this? to this day i have not heard one good thing about them.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DocHolidaze
reply to post by nixie_nox

i can see that, but what is so bad that the media is actively hiding?

I don't know if they are really hiding anything. It is not about hiding, but about damage control with the media. The media has a bad habit of taking things out of context.

Which can lead to un needed panic and concern, and bruised egos.
Everytlhing is vetted, but not for the reason you think. For example, a shelter will be up and running before the media evens open it. They will never say: a shelter is opening here. Just so things can be in place before the public goes running for it.

reply to post by imagineering

good ole fema, didn't the gov give them money and resources so they can better deal with situations like this? to this day i have not heard one good thing about them.

That money went to the state and locals. Since they do the majority of the response. FEMA is a support agency.

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
My curiosity is the same , but why not ask someone in or around the area , I've seen a couple posts about his but like this post not much about it other than how bad it is , I mean you'd think even someone in an area close by would give some detail .

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Sorry for second reply but just remembered a post awhile back about some research center loosing some research because of the storm .. Maybe it spread something bad and now they gotta go clean it up , also saw some pictures and definite looks like a perfect setting for something ,but I don't want to get anyone's hopes up.

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Hi all!

I was one the members who got up close and personal with hurricane and also posted few days after, I am working on putting few things together, but your friend is correct it is not what is shown and majority is not shown. Please let me know if you friend has more info. you can private msg me.

thanks

top topics

join