It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel someone sitting on their bed at night?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
Nearly didn't post this when I saw the similar recent 'Something moving on my bed' thread. However, as it is not exactly the same experience decided to post this anyway.

I've had this experience before (and similar experiences, in fact I too have felt a cat on the bed, like the OP discussed in the thread just mentioned. It got to the point I actually came out in an allergic rash like I can get when around cat fur) but haven't had this sort of thing for a while. Now it's started up again and it really grabbed my attention the other night. I had just got in bed and was only just drifting off when i felt the heavy weight of something at the bottom of the bed. It was like somone had sat down on the edge of the bed. I know how there can be all sorts of experiences when drifiting off to sleep that are thought to be related to hypnagogic or hypnopompic hallucinations. However this was so 'solidly' real it snapped me out of my sleepy state so fast I could still feel the sensation of that weight on the bed, the pressure against my legs. Just like someone was really there.

I'm convinced there is an 'energy' level (or whatever you want to call it) some other dimension maybe, that is usually out of the reach of our perception, except times when our consciousness seems to be more able to sense it. Maybe at those in between sleep times, our consciousness tunes slightly out of this physical dimension. A bit like turning the tuning dial slightly away from the station you normally listen to.

Anyway, I'd be interested to hear your thoughts and experiences reagarding this fascinating phenomena.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede

I have had that happen to me (and my wife) a few times....quite annoying when your not expectiong it

It's also happened on the couch while watching tv. I actually felt like I was going to fall over as the weight was considerable. We could actually see a grove on the cushion....freaked us out a little.

Cant tell you exactly what it is as i am no expert but I can relate as i have lived it just the same.

Thanks for sharing OP. S+F

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:56 AM
link   
I just wanted to add that the following night I felt and heard someone breathe loudly into my right ear. There was no one else (physically) in the room. So, to say it startled me, is a bit of an understatement!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:58 AM
link   
My grandfather died at the beginning of the year. He used to stay downstairs watching TV until about 2AM while my grandmother was asleep upstairs. He was a heavy man.

My grandmother told me that she feels his weight shift on the bed around this time and it wakes her up--she wakes up thinking her husband is coming to lie down for bed. Of course, he's been gone over 6 months now. She swears she can feel the weight of him crawling into bed and waking her up.

I, myself, feel a bit of a shaking, rumbling sometimes in the my bed in the middle of the night that wakes me up (no jokes, please. I'm serious.) I sometimes wonder if it's a small earthquake or something. But it happens quite often. At least a couple of times a month with no reported quakes big enough to shake me awake.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Hey there Teye22,

thanks for sharing yours and your wife's experience. To see the groove in the cushion must have been thrilling (or even chilling!) to say the least. But also confirmatory that what you experienced was somehow physically real.

I don't want to just leap at the idea that they are ghosts/spirits. There are other possibilities, like the 'watchers' or shadow people. In fact, there are many possibilities, including ones we are not yet aware of, no dout. Still it is fascinating to speculate over what might be behind this, and similar, phenomena.

Aelf

Originally posted by Teye22

I have had that happen to me (and my wife) a few times....quite annoying when your not expectiong it

It's also happened on the couch while watching tv. I actually felt like I was going to fall over as the weight was considerable. We could actually see a grove on the cushion....freaked us out a little.

Cant tell you exactly what it is as i am no expert but I can relate as i have lived it just the same.

Thanks for sharing OP. S+F

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Hi there,

thanks for sharing yours and your grandmother's experiences. It really does make me wonder if spirits are behind this phenomena. I also have a relative fairly recently deceased who could be behind this. But that doesn't explain previous 'sitters'. Although other not so recently deceased relatives could be behind those! Not to mention entities that might originate in the house itself (I've had ghost investigation teams come to this house before due to strange activity).

Anyway, in my opinion it seems the rumblings and shakings in your bed could be something similar. Maybe your grandfather is checking how you are doing or trying to communicate.

Aelf

Originally posted by NarcolepticBuddha
My grandfather died at the beginning of the year. He used to stay downstairs watching TV until about 2AM while my grandmother was asleep upstairs. He was a heavy man.

My grandmother told me that she feels his weight shift on the bed around this time and it wakes her up--she wakes up thinking her husband is coming to lie down for bed. Of course, he's been gone over 6 months now. She swears she can feel the weight of him crawling into bed and waking her up.

I, myself, feel a bit of a shaking, rumbling sometimes in the my bed in the middle of the night that wakes me up (no jokes, please. I'm serious.) I sometimes wonder if it's a small earthquake or something. But it happens quite often. At least a couple of times a month with no reported quakes big enough to shake me awake.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:10 AM
link   
I get this happen to me from time to time, there you are lying in bed, daydreaming away and or listening to music, when out of the blue....

You feel as though someone, or something has just sat down on the edge of the bed.

Have no idea what it is for sure, but my top culprits would be...

Spirit,

Something to do with your aura,

Perhaps something to do with personal electromagnetic fields,

Bed springs,

Your mind is playing tricks.

Good chance it's the last one, although having said that, I have experienced this personally, and I know how real it feels, to the point, I won't look until a few seconds after (just in case).

I my strongest gut re-action is there is something there....
edit on 14-11-2012 by solargeddon because: Typos, and clearing up my perspective

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:14 AM
link   
I feel like there is a huge black lab at the foot of my bed every night!

His name is Stalin...I named him after Joseph Stalin and he just turned 5 months old!

And at times a small wiener dog is felt at the pillow of my bed!

His name is Hitler and he just turned 1 year old a couple months ago!

They technically are not somebodies...unless you're a dog owner...then they are family!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Interesting ideas. At the time I usually try to convince myself that my mind was playing tricks to try and diminish the creepy factor. Although saying that I mainly find it quite intriguing, even in the middle of the night.

A few months back I came round from sleep, aware someone was hugging my back. When my awareness became clearer and I realised there shouldn't be anyone snuggling up to my back, I swung round quickly, hitting down on the bed covers. Pretty freaky! But fascinating at the same time.

Thanks for sharing your experience and thoughts.

Aelf

Originally posted by solargeddon
I get this happen to me from time to time, there you are lying in bed, daydreaming away and or listening to music, when out of the blue....

You feel as though someone, or something has just sat down on the edge of the bed.

Have no idea what it is for sure, but my top culprits would be...

Spirit,

Something to do with your aura,

Perhaps something to do with personal electromagnetic fields,

Bed springs,

Your mind is playing tricks.

Good chance it's the last one, although having said that, I have experienced this personally, and I know how real it feels, to the point, I won't look until a few seconds after (just in case).

I my strongest gut re-action is there is something there....
edit on 14-11-2012 by solargeddon because: Typos, and clearing up my perspective

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:36 AM
link   
Nice to feel their warm bodies snuggling on the bed (as long as they aren't gradually pushing you out of bed!)

But have you experienced an animal walk around and sit on your bed when no physical animal was in the room? As I mentioned in an earlier post, I've had this and even had an allegic rash come up like what I get when around cat fur.

Aelf

Originally posted by jerryznv
I feel like there is a huge black lab at the foot of my bed every night!

His name is Stalin...I named him after Joseph Stalin and he just turned 5 months old!

And at times a small wiener dog is felt at the pillow of my bed!

His name is Hitler and he just turned 1 year old a couple months ago!

They technically are not somebodies...unless you're a dog owner...then they are family!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:39 AM
link   
When I was about 10, my cat died. She was a 'rescue cat' that I'd had her since I'd been about 5. A couple of nights after she died (old age), I was in bed and I felt a soft 'thud' on my bed. This was followed by a few lighter 'thuds' that slowly ran across the bottom of the bed. Then, something a lot of cat owners will understand, the unmistakeable action of a cat repeatedly clawing at something just before they are going to lie down. Finally, the sensation of weight settling right next to my feet.

I didn't look; and I didn't feel the need to. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried myself to sleep that night either feeling that little weight next to me.

I'm prepared to accept that the event was somehow created in my mind; an artifice born from the grief of a 10-year-old's mind. It doesn't matter as, to me, it doesn't really diminish the 'realness' of the event.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:54 AM
link   
What a very touching experience you share here. I know the 'clawing' you described. I would experience first the feeling of the animal jumping up on the bed with that initial thud. Then it would move a bit further up the bed. I would feel the individual 'paw-steps' just like when cats come on your bed for real. It would usually settle half way up, treading around (or 'clawing' as you put it) level with my arms (that's where the rash came out). I feel a bit mean but it would be so shocking I would usually jolt myself to throw off the invisible visitor. Also I have heard that there are entities that mimik animals that hang around us in those in between states and sap our energy. So as I am unsure what these viisitors are, it's hard to decided how to react.

Thanks again for sharing your experience. I can't help but think your visitor was indeed your lovely rescue cat.

Aelf

Originally posted by Merriman Weir
When I was about 10, my cat died. She was a 'rescue cat' that I'd had her since I'd been about 5. A couple of nights after she died (old age), I was in bed and I felt a soft 'thud' on my bed. This was followed by a few lighter 'thuds' that slowly ran across the bottom of the bed. Then, something a lot of cat owners will understand, the unmistakeable action of a cat repeatedly clawing at something just before they are going to lie down. Finally, the sensation of weight settling right next to my feet.

I didn't look; and I didn't feel the need to. I'm not ashamed to admit I cried myself to sleep that night either feeling that little weight next to me.

I'm prepared to accept that the event was somehow created in my mind; an artifice born from the grief of a 10-year-old's mind. It doesn't matter as, to me, it doesn't really diminish the 'realness' of the event.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Hi Aelfrede

My pleasure, I love this topic and enjoy sharing my experiences as it could help others "understand" a given occurance or event or just have them accept them better knowing that they aren't alone living this kinda stuff.

I know a few people that have this type of "phenomena" happen regularly and do not talk about it as they feel that people will think they're crazy or something.

There is a thread on ATS about this that is still growing (currently at 86 pages) from Sled735. I have posteed many of my experiences there for any that might be interested in ready them. It's actually quite an interesting thread with all kinds of stories/experences from many many ATSers.

I only mention this because your posts would be welcomed there and I thought you might appreciate the variety offered.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Hi Teye22,

thanks for the link. I will check it out. I have quite a few windows open of similar interesting threads that I want to read in my free time. That's the good thing about places like this. If I were to rely on people in my immediate local area to discuss things like this, well, I would never talk about them. It's great to just be able to write on here and immediately hear back from people who are genuinely as fascinated as you are about the paranormal
and who've had similar experiences too!

Aelf

Originally posted by Teye22
Hi Aelfrede

My pleasure, I love this topic and enjoy sharing my experiences as it could help others "understand" a given occurance or event or just have them accept them better knowing that they aren't alone living this kinda stuff.

I know a few people that have this type of "phenomena" happen regularly and do not talk about it as they feel that people will think they're crazy or something.

There is a thread on ATS about this that is still growing (currently at 86 pages) from Sled735. I have posteed many of my experiences there for any that might be interested in ready them. It's actually quite an interesting thread with all kinds of stories/experences from many many ATSers.

I only mention this because your posts would be welcomed there and I thought you might appreciate the variety offered.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this OP, now i know i am not crazy! when i was a child every night for a period of at least 2 years i would go to bed and feel someone/something sitting on the end of my bed, it frightened me so much that i slept underneath the covers for years even after these strange occurings. I never had the courage to peep out of the covers and see who/what was sitting on my bed. I've been subject to paranormal happenings all of my life (my great grandfather was a pyschic healer, and grandfather was also a pyschic) Recently i have been getting cuts all over my body that i have no idea where they came from, and only realise when i feel my skin stinging and look to find a fresh cut. I'ts bizarre, i dont know what to think of it all as i am so use to it.
Anyway, thanks again for raising this issue

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Hi there rokkiroo,

thanks for sharing your experience here. I know what you mean, it is reassuring to hear others have the same thing. Also it means we have people to talk to about our experiences who will understand us and believe us because they've also had the same thing.

I can imagine how scared you must have been as a child. As an adult it can scare me quite a bit. When it happens usually my first reaction is the thought 'WTF is that???' You know no one should be on the bed, so it's pretty disconcerting when it happens. Lately I've been shouting out things like 'I felt that!' or 'What was that?' so that what ever is there knows I was aware of them.

Those cuts you mention are pretty concerning. When do they appear? Do they happen in the night? Are you aware of anything else strange that happens around the time they appear? E.g. If at night, any phenomenna like what we are discussing (something on the bed) or strange sounds that bring you round from sleep?

I have a vague memory of someone telling me about a strange experience where mystery cuts appeared after having an energy body/OBE type experience where a dog (I think it was a dog) was in the room. I can ask that person for more info on that if you're interested.

Feel free to U2U me if you want to discuss this more,

Aelf

Originally posted by rokkiroo
Thanks for posting this OP, now i know i am not crazy! when i was a child every night for a period of at least 2 years i would go to bed and feel someone/something sitting on the end of my bed, it frightened me so much that i slept underneath the covers for years even after these strange occurings. I never had the courage to peep out of the covers and see who/what was sitting on my bed. I've been subject to paranormal happenings all of my life (my great grandfather was a pyschic healer, and grandfather was also a pyschic) Recently i have been getting cuts all over my body that i have no idea where they came from, and only realise when i feel my skin stinging and look to find a fresh cut. I'ts bizarre, i dont know what to think of it all as i am so use to it.
Anyway, thanks again for raising this issue

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Sorry to hear about your Grandfather. Condolences.
But your story makes me wonder if we really do leave earth upon death.
Or if at least, our energy stays behind.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by resoe26

Energy with gravity?

Interesting thought!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by resoe26

Energy with gravity?

Interesting thought!

Is it possible that our "soul" leaves to the unknown.... But maybe the things we did on a daily basis stay. -Our energy of doing that stays behind and continues to do so until it dies out. Couldn't that explain hauntings as well?
-For instance, hauntings usually consist of a few things no? Such as doors opening and knocking. In any "haunted house" (example) these are the only things that happen. In another "haunted house" maybe lights flick on and off....
Could this just be the left over energy from the deceased that use to stay or hang out there?

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   

thanks OP, the cuts usually appear when i am fully awake in the daytime, im not sure if it links into these experiences but i have started to notice that dogs and cats are drawn to me, i had a dog that i was VERY connected too but he died in 2010, i have'nt kept a pet since, there is a dog that lives opposite me and she barks at everything/anyone but when she sees me she is quiet as a mouse! i have always been a 'dog person' i dont really enjoy the company of cats as i am allergic to their fur etc..but,on more than one occasion i have been startled to see a cat sitting on the windowsill outside and peering in at me! i live in a block of flats (apartments) that is only acessed to the inside by a concierge type key fob, a few months ago me and my daughter heard meowing, i opened my door to find a cat! none of my neighbours have any cats.
I know some sceptics will read this thread and think we are crazy or on medication blah blah blah but i am a real person experiencing very odd things, i know what is real and what is not!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join