It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does anyone feel someone sitting on their bed at night?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Aelfrede
[more

My peripheral is fine it is my main vision that is worsening, this however could be attributed to staring at the computer screen etc..so i will debunk the vision thing before somebody else does! i often see silhouettes of human form from the corner of my eye and when this happens i usually dismiss it instantly due to the fact of being home alone mostly and because i get really frightened.
The haunting started after i had been abroad for 6 weeks to north africa with my husband and daughter, we had no one checking our home whilst we was away so it was completely empty for 6 weeks.
When we arrived back home the atmos in the home felt slightly electric and heavy, things started to be 'misplaced' and turning up in random spots around the home, at night time when in bed we could hear the kettle being turned on/off repeatedly,Then my anger started. It came from nowhere i felt like i was on the point of literally killing someone and my whole demeanour changed. The haunting got worse, the covers being ripped off the bed when we were trying to sleep, and loud banging from inside the wardrobe on my side of the bed every time, i even resorted to taking sleeping pills so that i did'nt have to lay awake experiencing all the scary stuff. I started hearing music from an era that was maybe 1930's-1950's coming from a certain corner of my bedroom, me and my husband use to clearly hear an old man and a woman talking and pacing up and down our hallway and a baby crying (not my daughter she was always with us) An experience that freaked me out was my daughters play tent violently shaking and all the toys going off, and also when a cup flew from the kitchen side board straight at my daughter who was in a baby walker, at this point i literally broke down from fear and did'nt want to be home alone at anytime. However my husband had to work and during one of his long shifts i took a bath with my daughter and saw an old man walk past the bathroom door! i was so so scared i wrapped us both in towels and ran into the living room slamming the door, before i had chance to pick up the phone i noticed somebody walking past the shut door from the gap at the bottom of the door i clearly saw black tie up shoes, i called my husband crying about this incident but his work could'nt let him leave at the time so i stayed in the living room until he got home not long after.
Maybe i should mention that whilst in N.Africa my husband told me about a haunted house where a man and his wife committed suicide and apparently the locals would always run past that house and in general stay clear of it because of the 'evil'. My husband asked if i wanted to go so i said yes, we stopped outside of this house and..heard grammophone music! and then..in arabic whatever was inside this boarded up abandoned house called my name and was beckoning me to go inside!! We drove off so fast from that house it was very sinister.
Anyway back to my haunting at home, My husband is a muslim and finally decided to get the imam to come and get rid of the entities, i went to my mothers with my daughter whilst my husband stayed with the imam at my home. The imam said it was the longest time he ever took to rid of these 'ghosts' and told my husband one was a small with face looking old woman who hated kids and wanted us out! he said the old man was connected to me and was looking out for me, during the exorcism all my stuff on my bookshelf flew off onto the floor unbroken,my husband was violently sick, and then finally the imam said the home was now clear. When i came home the next day the home really did feel more peaceful and less static. Im worried that these events have something to do with the fact i am not muslim and my husband is?? maybe i brought back a jinn from N.Africa? and what if my animal encounters are actually the jinn trying to re-enter my home?? i cannot answer these questions myself, it is puzzling.
PS: im sorry i dont know how to check the U2U thing i have never used a forum before! =)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Hi severdsoul,

did you get a cheaper EMF metre or more expensive? Reason I ask
is because I wonder whether the cheaper ones are good enough.

Thanks,

Aelf

Originally posted by severdsoul

It was amazing and a little spooky at the same time.
But i figured what ever caused it had not hurt me yet
so might as well observe.

Ya, the house we are in now, has a little activity but
it's not like my old house was. Most the houses i have
lived in growing up had something unusual going on.
This one is a new house, we are the first to live in it,
so it's quiet most the time.

prices vary, from $20 if you search online to $700.
There are many places you can order them.
i'd list a few but not sure if mod's would allow it.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow rokkiroo! Looks like this will be a gripping read. Will respond tomorrow

Thanks,

Aelf

Originally posted by rokkiroo
[more

My peripheral is fine it is my main vision that is worsening, this however could be attributed to staring at the computer screen etc..so i will debunk the vision thing before somebody else does! i often see silhouettes of human form from the corner of my eye and when this happens i usually dismiss it instantly due to the fact of being home alone mostly and because i get really frightened.
The haunting started after i had been abroad for 6 weeks to north africa with my husband and daughter, we had no one checking our home whilst we was away so it was completely empty for 6 weeks.
When we arrived back home the atmos in the home felt slightly electric and heavy, things started to be 'misplaced' and turning up in random spots around the home, at night time when in bed we could hear the kettle being turned on/off repeatedly,Then my anger started. It came from nowhere i felt like i was on the point of literally killing someone and my whole demeanour changed. The haunting got worse, the covers being ripped off the bed when we were trying to sleep, and loud banging from inside the wardrobe on my side of the bed every time, i even resorted to taking sleeping pills so that i did'nt have to lay awake experiencing all the scary stuff. I started hearing music from an era that was maybe 1930's-1950's coming from a certain corner of my bedroom, me and my husband use to clearly hear an old man and a woman talking and pacing up and down our hallway and a baby crying (not my daughter she was always with us) An experience that freaked me out was my daughters play tent violently shaking and all the toys going off, and also when a cup flew from the kitchen side board straight at my daughter who was in a baby walker, at this point i literally broke down from fear and did'nt want to be home alone at anytime. However my husband had to work and during one of his long shifts i took a bath with my daughter and saw an old man walk past the bathroom door! i was so so scared i wrapped us both in towels and ran into the living room slamming the door, before i had chance to pick up the phone i noticed somebody walking past the shut door from the gap at the bottom of the door i clearly saw black tie up shoes, i called my husband crying about this incident but his work could'nt let him leave at the time so i stayed in the living room until he got home not long after.
Maybe i should mention that whilst in N.Africa my husband told me about a haunted house where a man and his wife committed suicide and apparently the locals would always run past that house and in general stay clear of it because of the 'evil'. My husband asked if i wanted to go so i said yes, we stopped outside of this house and..heard grammophone music! and then..in arabic whatever was inside this boarded up abandoned house called my name and was beckoning me to go inside!! We drove off so fast from that house it was very sinister.
Anyway back to my haunting at home, My husband is a muslim and finally decided to get the imam to come and get rid of the entities, i went to my mothers with my daughter whilst my husband stayed with the imam at my home. The imam said it was the longest time he ever took to rid of these 'ghosts' and told my husband one was a small with face looking old woman who hated kids and wanted us out! he said the old man was connected to me and was looking out for me, during the exorcism all my stuff on my bookshelf flew off onto the floor unbroken,my husband was violently sick, and then finally the imam said the home was now clear. When i came home the next day the home really did feel more peaceful and less static. Im worried that these events have something to do with the fact i am not muslim and my husband is?? maybe i brought back a jinn from N.Africa? and what if my animal encounters are actually the jinn trying to re-enter my home?? i cannot answer these questions myself, it is puzzling.
PS: im sorry i dont know how to check the U2U thing i have never used a forum before! =)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 04:35 PM
link   

for that instance i had a cheap one, there was one cheaper,
but it just had lights, no meter on it. I got the next step up
with a actual meter and it allowed you to switch from gause to
millagause , So you could use the millagause to 'scan' the room
and then hone in and switch to the stronger reading and really hone
in as to where the reading was coming from.

In mg range you could pick up the field from a desktop monitor from
around 6 feet away.

if i remember right it was a cheaper trifield, but that was years ago
they have come a long way since then.

may keep a eye on ebay and pick youself up a Sony DSC-1V
camera, it has infrared night shot selection for still shot.
I just picked one up for $50 used. Works great.

Wow rokkiroo quite the times... i think i would have left
that house fast two! I have had 2 houses in the past
that i would not go near. Could not pay me enough to
even walk up to the step's let alone go inside.

edit on 15-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Had it last night while in the ER at the hospital. Of course I was heavily sedated with morphine and gravol, but...it felt like something was sitting on the blanket. I yanked them hard up and pulled them tight around my feet...shrugged it off as just the blankets slipping off. Hospital beds, not so much fun to sleep in.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

I had this happen quite a few times when I was around 12-13. My parent's house had a lot of unusual things occur over the years to friends and family members - alone and together.

For me, nothing had happened before that age.

Every so often I'd be awoken by something sitting down on the end of the bed. It was like something small moving - with hindsight, it was like Merriman's cat. Well, I didn't believe in ghosts or anything like that and came to think that something like a rat was jumping on my bed at night. I'd wake up sorta scared because I hate rats!

One night, I felt it there and quick as lightning folded the duvet on top of the *something* and started shouting my dad. I was standing there in my pants with the duvet pinned down and could feel it moving slightly! As my dad came in and the light went on, it dawned on me that there was nothing there. Still, I told him to hold the waste-basket and I peeled back the duvet to reveal....NOTHING.

Classic sleep-disorder symptoms? I'd have to agree, but at the same time enough strange things have happened in that house that I've never been able to be completely sure either way.

S&F for bringing back a couple of memories

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by severdsoul

hey severdsoul =) i just noticed your comment, im new to this forum stuff and not sure how everything works. I am still living in the home i was talking about, It is more settled now, aside from my mysterious cuts and random cats popping up from nowhere! Seriously though i would not trade the cuts and cats for another haunting..no way. =)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Oh my goodness rokkiroo!!!!!!! That sounded absolutely terrifying.

Does make me wonder if you did pick up something from your trip to Africa. The reason I say this is not only did the activity start once you returned, you also went to that haunted place where you heard your name being called.

Have you talked to the imam that your husband brought in previously? Maybe he could advise you on the scratches. Also did you tell the imam about that haunted place in Africa?

With regards U2Us, if you click on 'TOOLS+' neare the top of the ATS webpage, and then select the option 'messages' you should be able to attempt to send a U2U from there. It should say 'Compose private message' and then below that there are sections titled 'To', 'Subject' and 'Message' (where you write your message). When you've done that you just click 'Send U2U'. In the 'To' section, simply put the name of the ATS member you want to write to. Hope that explained everything clearly enough, but if your struggling and need to know more just U2U me (LOL that was a joke!) - but seriously, just ask me on here ;-)

Keep us updated on how you're getting on as these cuts sound quite concerning. Hopefully your husband's imam can help. I will give more info on that protection technique. If being able to U2U is still not possible for you I will post it on here. Was not sure if it would be considered off topic but hopefully one post (and considering the circumstances) won't matter too much.

Take care,

Aelf

Originally posted by rokkiroo
[more

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
We have three cats........... if someone was sitting on the bed we would never know.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:33 AM
link   
Hi severdsoul,

thanks so much for this information, I would like one similar to the one you had.

The camera you mention (Sony DSC-1V), is that like any modern camcorder that has night vision?

I actually bought an infra red cctv camera which is pretty good. I need to order a new lead for it because (bit of a funny situation) I had it rigged up outside as part of an experiment to see what I could capture down the driveway. Anyway, that project got put on hold for a while and then our upstairs windows were replaced. The builders had no choice but to do it in such a way that the wires are permanently fixed there! There was no way to drill through the material. So until I get the replacement wire, I can only use that camera outside. I need to sort that out as I've got some interesting footage from it before, after only a few attempts. I want to rig it up in the bedroom filming my bed and see what I capture (although does feel a bit wierd filming myself while I sleep ;-)

Aelf

Originally posted by severdsoul

for that instance i had a cheap one, there was one cheaper,
but it just had lights, no meter on it. I got the next step up
with a actual meter and it allowed you to switch from gause to
millagause , So you could use the millagause to 'scan' the room
and then hone in and switch to the stronger reading and really hone
in as to where the reading was coming from.

In mg range you could pick up the field from a desktop monitor from
around 6 feet away.

if i remember right it was a cheaper trifield, but that was years ago
they have come a long way since then.

may keep a eye on ebay and pick youself up a Sony DSC-1V
camera, it has infrared night shot selection for still shot.
I just picked one up for $50 used. Works great.

edit on 15-11-2012 by severdsoul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Hi Charmeine,

bit hard to be sure then if you were heavily sedated. Although maybe some drugs alter our consciousness so that we are more tuned into seeing real phenomena. Something to consider.

Anyway, hope you weren't in for anything too serious and are ok now.

Aelf

Originally posted by Charmeine
Had it last night while in the ER at the hospital. Of course I was heavily sedated with morphine and gravol, but...it felt like something was sitting on the blanket. I yanked them hard up and pulled them tight around my feet...shrugged it off as just the blankets slipping off. Hospital beds, not so much fun to sleep in.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Its Sleep paralysis, it's where mind is switch from awake to dream mode. It's not always a clean swap over, and moment of drifting is when the switch happens. It cause you to see, hear, and feel things, you can become aware of this stuff (normally you don't), but the second you moves, or body reacts to what you hear and feel, you switch back to awake mode and everything goes away. It can be freaky.

It happens to me every know and again.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Tbrooks76 because: type-o

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Hi Kandinsky,

thanks for sharing your experience and glad you enjoyed reliving those memories a bit :-) Thanks for the s and f btw.

I know exactly what you mean, that moment when you had your Dad go ahead anyway even though the realisation had come over you, that somehow you just knew it was not there. Not in the physical sense anyway. That's often the same I get with the tactile and oral phenomena I've experienced. (Actually, thinking about it, the visual stuff too). It feels very solid and real, but then some part of my awareness kicks in that can assess it as different from physical. The tendency in our society is to immediately shrug off anything that isn't considered a physical phenomena as make believe. But I think we experience something on another level of perception/other dimension that is just as real, but whose substance isn't of the physical.

Aelf

Originally posted by Kandinsky

I had this happen quite a few times when I was around 12-13. My parent's house had a lot of unusual things occur over the years to friends and family members - alone and together.

For me, nothing had happened before that age.

Every so often I'd be awoken by something sitting down on the end of the bed. It was like something small moving - with hindsight, it was like Merriman's cat. Well, I didn't believe in ghosts or anything like that and came to think that something like a rat was jumping on my bed at night. I'd wake up sorta scared because I hate rats!

One night, I felt it there and quick as lightning folded the duvet on top of the *somethingd started shouting my dad. I was standing there in my pants with the duvet pinned down and could feel it moving slightly! As my dad came in and the light went on, it dawned on me that there was nothing there. Still, I told him to hold the waste-basket and I peeled back the duvet to reveal....NOTHING.

Classic sleep-disorder symptoms? I'd have to agree, but at the same time enough strange things have happened in that house that I've never been able to be completely sure either way.

S&F for bringing back a couple of memories

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Hi rickymouse,

there's something comforting about that ;-) Also, the cats might act as a deterrent. They'd probably just push whatever it was off! Seriously if you're sleeping with just one cat on the bed, there isn't enough room ;-)

Aelf

Originally posted by rickymouse
We have three cats........... if someone was sitting on the bed we would never know.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Wonderful thread and the replies about feeling animals jumping onto the bed and snuggling against the ones who loved them gave me a much needed smile. Consider yourselves very lucky to have experienced this and don't write it off as a trick of the mind.

I had to release my beloved dog from his deteriorating vessel yesterday. I can only hope that one day I feel him laying on the bed beside me. He was my baby, my best friend, and my constant companion. I can't wait until the time comes when I can see him again. At least he's out of pain now. While the vet was injecting him, I held his head in my hands and told him what a good boy he was and how much I loved him. He never looked away from my eyes until he fell asleep. He was a special dog and I'm so happy he chose me to live with as he enjoyed the remainder of his years. It's so difficult letting them go, but it really is the best thing and I hope that I have someone as strong to see me off when it's my time. May we all be so loved and cherished.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Hi Tbrooks,

thanks for your response. IMO the problem with classifying these altered states, is that the human mind likes to make them all exclusive. A sort of premise is formed that sleep paralysis means that nothing that is experienced while in that state is real. But how do we provide evidence that that is the case? We can describe the workings of the brain, as a way to attempt to explain it. But how do we know that the brain isn't some sort of biological multidimensional tuning device?

Like Morpheus said in the Matrix, 'how do we define real?'

Aelf

Originally posted by Tbrooks76
Its Sleep paralysis, it's where mind is switch from awake to dream mode. It's not always a clean swap over, and moment of drifting is when the switch happens. It cause you to see, hear, and feel things, you can become aware of this stuff (normally you don't), but the second you moves, or body reacts to what you hear and feel, you switch back to awake mode and everything goes away. It can be freaky.

It happens to me every know and again.
edit on 16-11-2012 by Tbrooks76 because: type-o

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

I dont' know I was trying to says, it happens to me to, and yet nothings ever there. Sleep paralysis seem to be the best explaintion for me.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NarcolepticBuddha

I feel the same thing sometimes I haven't even been to sleep. It feels like a pretty strong quake sometimes. I have also felt and heard someone breathing in my ear or right in front of my face. myself and two others hear people taking all the time. It is just weird. The breathing and the bed shaking like someone has a hold of it jerking on it freaks me out the most. I have also felt one other thing, sometimes it feels like someone under the bed and I can feel something push up against the underside of the bed. I do believe in ghost but not convinced that is what this is.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 12:49 PM
link   
reply to post by kaidec

Shaking of the bed can be your own body shaking or trembling. I have had that too but it happens when my heart starts to beat really quickly like when I get nervous or excited about something. If I lay on my side it can feel like the whole bed is shaking...but no, it's just my heart pounding. Of course that kicks in the adrenaline and fear to sky rocket.

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Hey, thanks once again for your help i really appreciate it =) I tried the U2U but it says i can only send messages to mods. My husband did'nt mention about the trip to N.Africa and cannot ask him at the moment because my husband is going through what i believe to be a question of faith-silently. However i would be greatful for any advise that you may have for me in regards to the cuts etc..oh!, i forgot to add to yesterdays post that i have had a small red mark appear from nowhere dead centre in the middle of my forehead, i am worried that somehow i may have 'the mark of the beast' i am not very educated on these spiritual/religous matters so please forgive me if i come across as 'dumb'(for want of a better word) on these subjects.
Also i would like to add that i actually do have 3 sixes in my birthdate '16-06-86. I do not believe i am evil at all i am the polar opposite and people are generally drawn to me even though i am a 'natural loner', i also am VERY intuitive and can actually read people and the situations that will occur to them, predictive i guess,so i guess the question i have be it rhetorical, 'what am i??' If you have any input on this question, theories or suggestions i would be extremly greatful for it. thanks again =)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join