It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gore to Obama: Act Boldly to Solve Climate Crisis

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:22 AM
link   
He wants a tax on carbon that he says could be 'offset' by reductions in taxes on wages.

"I think all who look at these circumstances should agree that President Obama does have a mandate, should he choose to use it, to act boldly to solve the climate crisis, to begin solving it," Gore told the British daily newspaper The Guardian.

"He has the mandate. He has the opportunity, and he has the inherent ability to provide the leadership needed. I really hope that he will, and I will respectfully ask him to do exactly that."But, Gore added, it is also up to the public to keep pushing for decisive action on climate issues.

"Many elected officials have been frightened of the reaction should they even talk about the climate crisis much less propose the obvious solution we need to put a price on carbon," he told The Guardian.

1 - Obama doesn't have a 'mandate'. He won with something like 51% of the vote. That's a win. It's not a mandate.

2 - Taxing carbon isn't going to reduce carbon.

3 - This it isn't going to help stop the natural process of global warming/cooling cycles.

4 - Another tax? Really? :shk: And considering how indebt the USA is and how it luvs to spend, there is no way that Obama would reduce income tax just to put through a carbon tax. He's a tax and spend liberal. It won't happen. If anything, he'd just add the new tax and keep all the others.

5 - Al Gore must want more money or something. His greed is kicking back in. Follow the money on all this green stuff .. it all goes back to Al Gore's pocket. His carbon trading scam .. his investments in failing green business' ...

Media Ignores Al Gore's Financial Ties to 'Global Warming'

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:30 AM
link   
Gore is a cretin. He’s a climate fear monger and is completely irrelevant. No credibility. Who cares what he has to say? To believe that we can have any genuine affect on the climate one way or the other is utterly narcissistic.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

This article looks unreliable, Obama already made clear his stance on climate change many times before he does not need Gore in his ear to tell him anything. This did not happen. A carbon tax is a good thing as it encourages the use of more sustainable forms of energy. Stop complaining and get with the times. Whether or not you believe in climate change green energy just makes more sense for humanity long term so.....

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

He wants a tax on carbon that he says could be 'offset' by reductions in taxes on wages.

I fail to see the logic in creating a new tax whilst reducing another tax... the net result is the exact same thing. Unless of course, the "offset" is only very small, making it completely pointless; the same could be achieved by reducing the carbon tax by that same offset. Taking a little here, adding a little there, it's all pointless nonsense to disguise the simple facts of the matter... and here are the facts.

A carbon tax simply does not work. Businesses will without question balance out any losses uncured from such a carbon tax, by increasing prices. And I say "without question", because I know for a fact that's what will happen, since that's exactly what happened here in Australia ever since the stupid prime minister implemented the worlds largest carbon tax, when she started off saying she would not implement any carbon tax at all. Our utility bills have skyrocketed in the past few months.

At the end of the day, the ones paying for a carbon tax are not the businesses who pollute, because they pass the cost onto the consumers in order to ensure they don't have a decrease in profits. That's just how it works in the business world... losses like that are unacceptable for large businesses. They continue producing just as much pollution as they always have, meanwhile making just as much profit as they always have, all the while consumers are forced to pay more for goods and services.
edit on 14/11/2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by BlindBastards

To believe that we can have any genuine affect on the climate one way or the other is utterly narcissistic.

To believe that we don't have an effect on the environment one way or another is utterly moronic.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:46 AM
link   
I agree with Gore, something needs to be done to curve pollution and to become a greener nation.

But I think Obama should focus on creating jobs and the economy first.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 05:59 AM
link   
O Bummer would do good not to even meet with Gwhore. the economy is going to fain major steam in the next 2 years and whover won the election doesn't have to do anything but take credit. made in the USA is going to be a big marketing call

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
Gore is double talking as usual.

He has made millions from all the Bee-Ess climate money tactics.

I wonder how much carbon HE produces when he opens HIS mouth !

I bet he plays the carbon markets and makes millions more.

Gore is attempting to take advantage of Obama's re-election.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Algore is nothing more than a bad punchline.

Even if you believe in Global Warming, it ended 15 years ago.

Never let a "crisis" go to waste. Even if you have to make one up.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:50 AM
link   
The short version:

Gore: Please fix this carbon emissions thing so that I can make gobs of money. I'll even share some with you!

Obama: Okay!

While I have no doubts that the Earth is going under some sort of major climate change, I don't really know how much human influence is actually involved. The change is kinda hard to hide now, given the really strange weather that the entire world has been having in the past decade.

Making money (through carbon credits and new "scrubber technology" that Mr. Gore himself has invested in) doesn't seem to be conducive to getting down to the bottom of what is happening. It's also very interesting that very few scientists are actually looking at the influence of the Sun on our current climate patterns.

Just my $.02.

-TS

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Gore may have some hidden hand in California's carbon deal this week....

California Chamber of Commerce sues to 'invalidate' state's auction of carbon credits

I think the carbon trading deals are dirtier than the carbon itself.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by xuenchen
I think the carbon trading deals are dirtier than the carbon itself.

There ya' go.
Exactly. So for Gore to say to Obama to 'act boldly' tells me that Gore is looking for something to line his pockets even more with. It's a money thing ... follow the money.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Gore says to Obama yes please impliment the carbon tax so he can make millions off it, and tax the air!!!

Both are as transparent was they come.ACT NOW to make him richer!

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Get a load out of this ..............

Al Gore: 'Cap and Trade' Needed to Avoid 'Climate Cliff'

On Tuesday, Al Gore again called for a "cap and trade" system by warning Americans the country faces a "climate cliff" in addition to a "fiscal cliff."

"It will be difficult for sure but we can back away from the fiscal cliff and the climate cliff at the same time," Gore said. "One way is with a carbon tax.”
:shk:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by muse7
I agree with Gore, something needs to be done to curve pollution and to become a greener nation.

But I think Obama should focus on creating jobs and the economy first.

Can you prove overpopulation exists?

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Cap and Trade needed to avoid fiscal cliff??? Man, Gore is on a roll!

He must be hard up for some cash or something. He's really piling it on thick.
ETA .. or maybe he's setting himself up for a run in 2016.
edit on 11/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by xuenchen

Cap and Trade needed to avoid fiscal cliff??? Man, Gore is on a roll!

He must be hard up for some cash or something. He's really piling it on thick.
ETA .. or maybe he's setting himself up for a run in 2016.
edit on 11/15/2012 by FlyersFan because: (no reason given)

For sure Gore is up to something tricky.

I bet he's got a group of investors and he's trying to influence the carbon trading markets.

2016 ? ---- Hmmm. Maybe.

He could run a good interference game for Hillary. He will help her eliminate competition.

ETA 20 minutes later.....

It just hit me..... Gore is jockeying for a Cabinet or Czar or U.N. position !!!!

edit on Nov-15-2012 by xuenchen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Global warming is not caused by carbon or driving cars.

But it is man made.

Just look at the things HAARP can do.
nexusilluminati.blogspot.com...
HAARP was developed by the Bill Clinton / Al Gore administration.

HAARP started as a study on using HAARP to cause weather problems for other countries.

then it was found that it could effect weather world wide and heat the climate then Al Gore started to control the project because his people were running it.

you will note that while bush was in office Global Warming quit then then they claim it restarted under Obama.

top topics

join