It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NOTAM for TTR event 11/16/2012

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
TNX TONOPAH TEST RANGE
M0238/12 - KTNX: VFR OPERATORS USE CAUTION FOR INCREASED VOLUME OF HIGH
PERFORMANCE MILITARY FLIGHT OPERATIONS THROUGHOUT R4809A. VALID 16 NOV
12/1900L THRU 16 NOV 12/2300L. 13 NOV 13:50 2012 UNTIL 17 NOV 06:00
2012. CREATED: 13 NOV 13:49 2012

Times are local. That is what the "L" is for. Though a number of dates are shown, it should be on the 16th. The 13th is the date the NOTAM was issued. The NOTAM is a bit buggy since it ends on 6 zulu on the 17th, which is actually 2200 local on the 16th, which in turn conflicts with the line indicating the NOTAM is in effect from 1900 local to 2300 local. Possibly Nellis is not compensating for the change to standard time.

So to summarize this, some event involving high performance aircraft (translation: fighter type aircraft) will occur at the Tonopah Test Test and its associated airspace R4809A on November 16th from 7PM local until 11PM local.

Now I am 100% sure that nobody on this list we be there. OK, 99% sure. That is why I laugh my ass off at those stories about these bases being moved. Here you have a base that requires no hiking to observe. Nope, just a drive to the middle of nowhere. Yet this test will go sight unseen except for some lucky truckers. But keep on making up those stories about DUMBS being required to keep this stuff out of the public eye and secret underground railroads to supply the bases.

posted on Nov, 14 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by gariac
TNX TONOPAH TEST RANGE
M0238/12 - KTNX: VFR OPERATORS USE CAUTION FOR INCREASED VOLUME OF HIGH
PERFORMANCE MILITARY FLIGHT OPERATIONS THROUGHOUT R4809A. VALID 16 NOV
12/1900L THRU 16 NOV 12/2300L. 13 NOV 13:50 2012 UNTIL 17 NOV 06:00
2012. CREATED: 13 NOV 13:49 2012

Times are local. That is what the "L" is for. Though a number of dates are shown, it should be on the 16th. The 13th is the date the NOTAM was issued. The NOTAM is a bit buggy since it ends on 6 zulu on the 17th, which is actually 2200 local on the 16th, which in turn conflicts with the line indicating the NOTAM is in effect from 1900 local to 2300 local. Possibly Nellis is not compensating for the change to standard time.

So to summarize this, some event involving high performance aircraft (translation: fighter type aircraft) will occur at the Tonopah Test Test and its associated airspace R4809A on November 16th from 7PM local until 11PM local.

Now I am 100% sure that nobody on this list we be there. OK, 99% sure. That is why I laugh my ass off at those stories about these bases being moved. Here you have a base that requires no hiking to observe. Nope, just a drive to the middle of nowhere. Yet this test will go sight unseen except for some lucky truckers. But keep on making up those stories about DUMBS being required to keep this stuff out of the public eye and secret underground railroads to supply the bases.

"That is why I laugh my ass off at those stories about these bases being moved. Here you have a base that requires no hiking to observe."

I have a picture with the runway lights on, taken from highway 6, of TTR. I so much wish I lived in the area, to take advantage seeing this stuff. I hope I have the retirement funds someday to winter there.

posted on Nov, 15 2012 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by FosterVS

I forgot to mention there are two (at least) spots where you can see the lights of the TTR right from the highway.

I'm not positive if you can see the base from the rest stop, but it has a decent window to scan the base. I think it is called Salsbury Summit.

If you drive to the FAA radar site, you can see the back of the base and of course the airspace. But these are distant views. You can drive right to the top of Mt. Diablo and be very close to the base and nearly within shouting distance of the mancamp.

join