It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I find this sick and dont like where it is heading (ohio woman/idiot sign)

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by lobotomizemecapin

That woman does not have the right to drive a car. She has the privilage, which unfortunately has not been permently revoked.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
So, she has driven on this sidewalk multiple times this past year, to drive a round school buses unloading and loading children. Anddd you believe her having to hold a sign saying she is and idiot is cruel?

I take it you don't have kids. Just an assumption. Yeah yeah I know the saying " when you assume you make an ass out of yourself" or something o that affect.

Question for you: if she ran over a child and dragged him/her say a few blocks before the child was dislodged, a bloody, ground, pile of human flesh. In front of the other children. What punishment would you find fitting?

I don't think the punishment was harsh enough.

I think she should have been charged with child endangerment, and attempted vehicular manslaughter.

Don't know if that would have been achievable.

Do know when she does kill a child after her liscence is reinstated.

Then it would be murder. Hopefully not.

Yes I have a child and yes she should be punished in accordance with her crime but not in a way that violates her rights as a US citizen because eventually it will affect us all

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Unusual, yes, but hardly cruel.

You seem to be using the 8th Amendment selectively.

Being embarrassed is not a life threatening event.
edit on 13-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
If this is the tribulations that christians are so scared of......

Dont facebook tags get more views?

HAHA i was getting annoyed with the responses here but that cheered me up lol

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:45 AM
link   

OMG..are you for real? Most of us aren't going to have our 'rights' taken away because...well...duh...most of us follow the law..especially when it comes to children. Give me a break, I can't believe you are seriously defending this idiot...They should have taken her license away too..and make her a crossing guard for at least 6 months.

Take your bleeding heart elsewhere...it's people like you that have let all kinds of offenders off too easy..

IMO she needs all that punishment and a good smack up against the head.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by TDawgRex

Unusual, yes, but hardly cruel.

You seem to be using the 8th Amendment selectively.

Being embarrassed is not a life threatening event.
edit on 13-11-2012 by TDawgRex because: (no reason given)

Cruel and unusual punishment is a phrase describing punishment which is considered unacceptable due to the suffering, pain, or humiliation it inflicts on the person subjected to it.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:50 AM
link   

unacceptable to whom? It sounds to me like everyone involved is accepting of the punishment except the woman that got caught..I think if everyone is in agreement then the deed should be done...

Too bad that doesn't work for pedophiles..I think most people (myself) included think they should be hung high in the town square and left to rot. Cruel and unusual...pffffft....

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Neopan100

OMG..are you for real? Most of us aren't going to have our 'rights' taken away because...well...duh...most of us follow the law..especially when it comes to children. Give me a break, I can't believe you are seriously defending this idiot...They should have taken her license away too..and make her a crossing guard for at least 6 months.

Take your bleeding heart elsewhere...it's people like you that have let all kinds of offenders off too easy..

IMO she needs all that punishment and a good smack up against the head.

OMG are you for real??!!!!! if you bother to read at all I have stated this woman should be punished

throw her in prison for her stupidity just dont violate her rights as a US citizen

You are all allowing tptb a foothold in one of our basic human rights.
There is a reason it was made illegeal because it becomes easily abused

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
I know this may be a little bad, but I was kinda hoping that someone would swerve around a school bus and run over her on the sidewalk. Bet she would wipe that smirk off her face then.

MOTF!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

unacceptable to whom? It sounds to me like everyone involved is accepting of the punishment except the woman that got caught..I think if everyone is in agreement then the deed should be done...

Too bad that doesn't work for pedophiles..I think most people (myself) included think they should be hung high in the town square and left to rot. Cruel and unusual...pffffft....

Right there is a good point we dont make them wear signs... Why should this woman be granted less rights as a US citizen than murderers and sex offenders?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
So, now her crime is on the same level as murders? You are comparing the two after all.

Interesting...

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Well..I think we all know how well 'prison' works out for most

I think we need new and creative punishments....I think this would workout just fine...

What exactly do you think prison is going to do for her? Really.....I think standing in the cold being humiliated is a very fitting punishment...WHY should I pay for her to be in prison??? Let her stand out there for a whole year...I bet it cost me less...I'm tired of paying for rejects to society...bring back hard labor, the scarlet letter, the gallos, and the guillotine! We already have reality TV...it won't be that big of a jump in entertainment

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by MmmPie
So, now her crime is on the same level as murders? You are comparing the two after all.

Interesting...

Please explain to me how you came to this conclusion?

or do you lack basic reading comprehension?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I would venture to say that she was given two options at her hearing.

1. Pay a stiff fine, court cost and a lengthy time of lossing her license...or

2. The one she choose. Wear a sign, pay $250.00 and only lose her license for a month.

And of course, her insurance will go up as well...if she even has any.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   

ahh because we are all too pussy to hang them....too many people like you......HANG THEM HIGH---lesser criminals can wear signs.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Hey, where does SHE say she was humiliated?

Or is it just the OP that feels she was humiliated?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:00 PM
link   

By your logic it would be against my 8th amendment right for me to serve any sort of jail time for any sort of crime, because I personally would be completely humiliated to go to jail.
edit on 13-11-2012 by jssaylor2007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

And most of these cases they give the offender a choice between a or b. Example: Lose your license for 60 days or stand out here with the sign. Not sure about this particular case but that's usually how it goes. And they usually take the embarrassment over the long sentence. Just my 2 cents.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Well..I think we all know how well 'prison' works out for most

I think we need new and creative punishments....I think this would workout just fine...

What exactly do you think prison is going to do for her? Really.....I think standing in the cold being humiliated is a very fitting punishment...WHY should I pay for her to be in prison??? Let her stand out there for a whole year...I bet it cost me less...I'm tired of paying for rejects to society...bring back hard labor, the scarlet letter, the gallos, and the guillotine! We already have reality TV...it won't be that big of a jump in entertainment

I really hope you get your wish... see how long it takes before existing becomes criminal and you are subject to this same treatment.

Should we throw out due process as well?

Oh the man said your guilty so off to the gallows with ya.

and here I thought highly of you on first impression because of your avatar lol

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Already covered here

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join