It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Each US State Produces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I found a cool link id like to share...... projects.edtech.sandi.net... .......it breaks down each state and what they are known for producing. I thought it might be interesting considering all the talk of splitting up the US. Mods I apologize if this is the wrong forum.

Edit: Feel free to add your own info...maybe we can turn this into which states we think could survive on their own and prosper or which states would need assistance..etc.
edit on 13-11-2012 by cosmicexplorer because: (no reason given)

Two more links I thought id add.... en.wikipedia.org... ..... en.wikipedia.org...(PPP)

Compares GDP by US State to other Countries.
edit on 13-11-2012 by cosmicexplorer because: I keep adding crap

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:29 AM
link   
Very interesting post OP.
It is interesting how many states that have Oil, Gas, and Coal listed, and how the EPA wants to destroy each of those industries. These are huge employment markets.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This comparison of production and income between the states as some valuable variable over secessionist prospects is disingenuous.

For one, it assumes there is some set and equal defined goal the states or any municipality or government for that matter are racing toward. That's simply not true.

Two, it seems to completely disregard both how so much time spent in this configuration has warped who can do what and how well and it also disregards the ability of those municipalities to adapt past the point where they adapted to get along as a nation.

Third, it assumed each state and each states secessionist movements are happy to simply leave the United States. Speaking for myself and I can only assume at least a few others this is not true. I dont care about my state any more than I care about this country. I want to get off the proverbial train as it were.

There are plenty more but I dont want to create a post so big nobody will read it.

Oh, one more big one. I see it assumed a lot that the secessionists somehow want to hurt others or change the way everyone else lives their lives. Maybe there are some fascist and contradictory secessionist who do but the majority simply want to be left alone.

Ive yet to get an answer, any answer that isnt a simple insult, to my repeated query of "If I'm forgotten and left alone on my land until I die how does it affect in any way the stability of the state?" Is my meager contribution so important that the state has to spent tens of thousands of dollars to kick in my door, haul me off to prison and support me for 15 years? It's a net loss for the state to collect. I'm working poor. So what's the harm?

The only answers I ever get are the oh, so compassionate statist responses of "die you dead beat" and "leave if you dont like it."
edit on 13-11-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:12 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You are right...there are so many variables that makes the above links I posted not fully accurate....but its a start for collecting data...I just kind of found a few links and I may try to actually put something together with more detail down the road or add it here.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
With the recent developments in the Bakken Patch, you're going to see North Dakota shoot up on that GDP list next year. That place is going nuts -- when people talk about the US becoming oil self-sufficient, or even an exporter, that's what it's based on.

One of my relatives in western North Dakota saw her house jump in value from about $100,000 to $400,000 in the past two years, though she also owns several thousand acres of ranch land in the patch, so the value of her home is of little consequence, lol.
edit on 13-11-2012 by adjensen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   
reply to post by adjensen

Ya I took a recent vacation to Montana and there people living all the way deep into Montana to work in the oil fields in North Dakota...rent for places was crazy! Makes ya wonder what resources we haven't found yet.

new topics

top topics

join