It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thousands of You Will Want This Underwear. THIS is an Amazing Discovery. 100% Serious.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+10 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I have no idea where this thread belongs, but it is an incredible technology in my eyes. Mankind has been waiting for this for thousands of years, seriously. I'm going to look into it myself, it's the only polite thing to do.

AFP - Underpants which are claimed to neutralise the smell of flatulence are proving a hit in Japan, whose hard-working businessmen seem to like the idea of breaking wind without getting rumbled.

"It took us a few years to develop the first deodorant pants that are comfortable enough to wear in daily life but efficient in quickly eliminating strong smells," said Nami Yoshida, a spokeswoman for the company, Seiren.

The underwear is manufactured with niff-absorbing ceramic particles in the material fibres.

Seiren developed the technology after being contacted by a doctor who wanted something to disguise the regular parps emitted by people suffering from irritable bowel syndrome.

The company's range has now expanded to 22 items, including socks that prevent feet from smelling and t-shirts that mask the whiff of sweaty armpits.
www.france24.com...

I felt it was my duty to contribute to the well-being of the valued members of ATS, and I believe I have accomplished that goal. Here, by the way, is the company's American headquarters' contact information and their corporate website.

Seiren U.S.A. Corporation
Address 1500 East Union Street Morganton, NC 28655 U.S.A.
Phone / Fax +1-828-430-3456 / +1-828-430-3464
Business Activities
Supervision and management of SEIREN Group’s US and Chinese affiliates

www.seiren.com...

Let me know if you want to shower me with gifts and wealth beyond my wildest dreams.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:22 AM
link   
I'd really like to know how it's done, but I wasn't motivated to search through the website. That info would be nice though.

Biggest problem with companies similar, is that the products are gimmicky or just do not meet the standards of other market offerings.

Although, if the technology was a fabric that could be sold to other designers, or a coating that could be soaked into existing fabrics, you get the same tech with the same current specs of your briefs. I'm not sure I'd be willing to change designers. Maybe just buy one pair for Mexican food night...

+31 more 
posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Nice...fart pants....
They should call them thunderpants!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952

Let me know if you want to shower me with gifts and wealth beyond my wildest dreams.

It's one of those items you wish you would have thought of first.

I make a mean batch of homemade baked beans in a crock pot. Not only will you love them, but you can test the underwear out for us!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by zonetripper2065
Nice...fart pants....
They should call them thunderpants!

And the ladies version can be boom boom bottoms!

A lady never farts, she "fluffs."

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

If I remember correctly it's a charcoal filter.
I read about it in the bathroom reader about 2 years ago.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Dear boncho,

Thanks for stopping by, we usually travel in different circles.

I'm a little concerned about the size of the ceramic "particles" they use. I do not want to go around with a bag of pebbles down there.

My understanding is that they make the fabric, but not the final products. I haven't found the dealers yet.

You wear designer briefs? We've got a rock star here!!!

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randomtangentsrme

You may very possibly be right, but the article mentions ceramic particles, so I suspect this might be a bit different.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I'd honestly wear these to the gym as my protein farts whilst workingout are just diabolical. Ill be doing ab workout and I don't even know their coming, just - BOOM! They need to do something to suppress the sound now and they'd be onto a winner!

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

My underwear and sock collection runs in the thousands of dollars. Every guy should take pride in what's underneath, and I assure you women will appreciate it.

In that case though, it seems like a feasible product that can penetrate the market.

Of course, how thin, comfortable, etc. will play a part into it. I would buy it if there was no noticeable difference with my current underpants. Chances are I will just continue to squeeze my cheeks though...

-B

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by n00bUK

I'm sure you've thought of this, but you can get firearm silencers in many different calibers. In your case, fitting the proper one might be a bit awkward, but maybe worth it?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:46 AM
link   
So this is what we have come to.... A society that is too good to have to suffer through a fart

I'm trying to think of something more serious to say in response but, yeah, I can't.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Dear boncho,

Do the socks and t-shirts appeal at all? Wait, WHAT? T-shirt and sock collection runs into the thousands of dollars??? My car doesn't run into the thousands of dollars. Don't let OWS know you're one of the elite. "Elite boncho." I like it, it's got a nice ring to it.

(I'm hoping that the Mods will let me get away with being both off-topic and silly. It's late, I'm goofy, and there's not enough innocent fun here lately.)

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
I'd rather it cover up sound than smell. If people hear you fart, it doesn't matter if they smell it, they know you dealt it.
edit on 13-11-2012 by OMsk3ptic because: then to than

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 01:59 AM
link   
reply to post by OMsk3ptic

May I offer the same advice I gave earlier?

I'm sure you've thought of this, but you can get firearm silencers in many different calibers. In your case, fitting the proper one might be a bit awkward, but maybe worth it?
That way you'll filter everything out and be perfectly socially acceptable. Of course, after it's fitted in place you may walk a little funny, but nothing's perfect, right?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:06 AM
link   
Neutralise? I think amplifying would be much more fun.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:13 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

lol as my dad would say
"Women don't fart, but if they didn't b*tch and moan they'd explode"

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Does it have noise cancelling functionality? I like to think I've got control but sometimes it does make a kaboom noise.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   
reply to post by shadowland8

I've got some advice for you, check about four posts up.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join