It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leiomyosarcoma and lung cancer

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Hope she gets it soon Honey. It's me, Night Star, I changed my avatar. When I went through my chemo I never slept so much in all my life! It's like a profound tiredness, etremely peaceful. You'll be doing something one minute and the next,you better find a couch or bed soon!

Keep us posted!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 16 2012 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Night Star

Hi,

Mom went to bed for a bit until my brothers come home from work, on a partially hopeful note, one of my brothers is trying to get a manager position at his work, they said if he is in, he will know before Thanksgiving..I am really praying and hoping he will get it.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Oh that would be awesome. I'll be praying right along with you!

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 10:57 AM
link   
That is good news! You can count on my prayers as well. Have you contacted any charity organizations or community agencies to see what assistance you might be able to get? The national Area Agencies on Aging may be a good contact to help assess what services she might qualify for. Their number is 916-443-2800 or 1-800-510-2020 and Email [email protected]. You sound like you are really caring for your mom. Keep us informed.
edit on 06/02/2011 by grayeagle because: To add contact information.

posted on Nov, 17 2012 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Try DCA, it is relatively cheap. Also try Thunder God Vine, you can get it for twenty dollars at a natural food store. There are threads on both alternative treatments on ATS or just google.

There is also a good thread on molasses and baking soda. You don't get much cheaper than that.

I am so sorry for your Mom. I lost my mother on Oct 22nd of this year from pancreatic cancer. We waited too long to start the alternative treatments, by the time we had started them she was too sick to take them. Don't make our mistakes.

Regardless, make sure you tell her how much you love her, make peace with any outstanding issues, and let her know that she isn't alone in this.

Prayers said for you mother.

posted on Nov, 20 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Hi,

We got moms medicine finally..only took 6 days, she is going to start her first dose tomorrow morning, we are hoping it does not make her feel too ill.

No word on if my brother got the job yet, i guess Tomorrow is the deadline for that as well, I really hope he gets it.

Thanksgiving might be cancelled, I was able to buy some gravy, potatoes canned corn, and some of those cheaper Betty Crocker cookie mixes, I got the sugar cookie, snickerdoodle and peanut butter cookie variety but as far as a turkey or a ham for the family...bills had to come first, and i was too late in trying to apply for a food basket from Salvation Army.

some might say that is a horrible meal for a holiday, but I can say that there is still a lot of love here..even if my older brothers drive me insane, my younger ones and me get along great and we stick together like mom and dad taught us.

I want the old days back, when I knew mom was safe and I knew we all were fine, now i just pray for one more day for her with us, and I always try to pick on my brothers to make her laugh..sounds silly maybe, but if I can keep her laughing, there is a small sliver of hope.

I will post more tomorrow after mom takes her first dose and I find out if the holiday is ruined.

I hate complaining about the holiday, when so many people have less, but we are quickly falling into that less category and I am trying to help my brothers keep things from totally falling apart

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:14 PM
link   
There are places you can go that serve Thanksgiving meals to the poor. They would gladly make a plate to take home to Mom.

I don't know your exact financial situation but you should look into welfare so your family can be taken care of. You can get help with food, rent, medical etc.

I'm scared myself because I have been living off my savings and they won't last forever. Scared too because my Mom is 89 and I don't know how many years she has left.

You and your family have the most important thing for the holidays and that is each other and your love and laughter. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers Honey. I wish you much love and peace.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   
Forgot to say that they have anti-nausea meds for if your Mom gets sick from her other meds.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Sorry to hear about your mum.

Check out www.cancertutor.com

Look into the budwig diet, vitamin b17 and cesium chloride in particular.

There's also a thread on this site that consisted of numerous pages of relatively cheap alternative therapies.
edit on 21-11-2012 by Nonchalant because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by mydarlia

There are probably churches in your area that will deliver meals or food boxes. Don't be afraid to reach out.
My prayers are with you.

posted on Nov, 21 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
I know this sounds crazy and a little too simple...but it could save her life!!

phkillscancer.com...

You are going to need p.h. test strips for both saliva and urine.

Go to Walgreens and ask the pharmacist were they are.

CANCER CAN NOT SURVIVE IN AN ALKALINE ENVIRONMENT!!

Do some research on body P.H. levels.....you need to be careful with this treatment.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, today sucks, my brother did not get promoted, and this morning my mom had to be rushed to the Emergency room, her pain is really worse and they are seeing if the cancer has spread to her tailbone.

My aunt comes into the room and says, you know what could happen right?...

Then tells me mom can die at any time...

I refuse to accept this, but at the same time I can't do anything about this.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:14 PM
link   
I'm so sorry sweetie. I remember the day my Father died. He was in the hospital and we were visiting. He was feeling much better and even laughing and joking with the nurses. Some hours later we recieved a phone call to get to the hospital. When we arrived they pulled us into 'the little private room' where the doctor spoke with us and said they were doing everything possible but didn't expect him to pull through. He died that day. It was shocking and sad beyond belief. He lived a long and happy life and was no longer suffering at least.

If your Mom doesn't make it, just know that she loves you and she will no longer suffer. I believe that we are far more than just a physical body and that when we pass on, life somehow goes on, that we go on to something better.

I know I will be experiencing this with my own Mother soon enough as she is 89 years old. I will be devestated and overwhelmed and beyond grief.

I wish I could hold your hand and give you a hug and somehow guide you through this. I wish I could take your pain away. I'm teary eyed just writing this. My heart is with you as are my prayers. I don't know how old you are and don't know if I should recommend that you try an anti-anxiety med or something for depression. If you could speak with your doctor, maybe they can help.

Hold your family close right now and be there for each other as best you can.

posted on Nov, 23 2012 @ 11:34 PM
link   
I am so sorry to hear about your mom. I can't imagine what you must be going through, but I feel for you.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 12:54 AM
link   
Thank you, she is sleeping now, still waiting to see if the cancer went to her tailbone, each hour with no new news is making us feel that it has indeed spread, but the ICU doctors won't tell us.

Her oncologist is supposed to come by in the morning, or at least call and confer with the other doctors, all this damn waiting, the only partially good thing is that she is resting easier then she has been lately.

I left the hospital to wait for my brothers to get off work, when i got home my older brothers were out playing video games and when they got home they smelled of weed and cigs, I couldn't deal with them, so I went upstairs and I am now waiting for my other brothers to get home.

Mom made me promise to watch out for them, so yeah..I always keep my promises.

I want to hit a wall, but I know it won't help..I'll probably end up hurting myself and that won't work.

posted on Nov, 24 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I am glad she is resting well. No, hitting a wall isn't going to help. You'll only be in pain and have to fix the wall later. LOL

Hang in there my little warrior!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join