It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did an Anonymous Wikipedia Editor Try to Out the Petraeus Affair Back in January?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Now here's a bit of a mystery - perhaps the assembled ATS sleuths could work at finding out who done this:

In late January, however, there was something that turned up on Paula Broadwell's then-brand-new Wikipedia entry that is, in retrospect, very notable. On January 26, one day after Broadwell appeared on the Daily Show to tout her Petraeus book, Wikipedia editor Vanobamo, who edits a lot of Wikipedia pages pertaining to the Daily Show, created a page for Broadwell. While that was normal, things got odd less than an hour later, when an anonymous editor with the IP address 64.101.72.113 logged on and wrote of the ladder-climbing Broadwell, "Petraeus is reportedly one of her many conquests." It was the anonymous user's first and only Wikipedia edit, and it was deleted within an hour by editor Dsutton, who flagged it as "libel."

from here

now wouldn't it be a bit of a coup to identify who dunnit?

FYI teh IP address traces to Castle Rock, Colorado....using my uber-ordinary 'net sleuthing skills!

edit on 12-11-2012 by Aloysius the Gaul because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 11:12 PM
link   
I THINK I MIGHT BE ONTO SOMETHING.

Now go with me here. On her Wikipedia entry is stated this:

She earned a master's degree in international security from the University of Denver's Josef Korbel School of International Studies in 2006

Castle Rock, CO ---> Denver, CO: 28.5 mi, 36 minutes

After graduating Paula went on to study at a school in Cambridge, Massachusetts.

She earned a Master of Public Administration from the John F. Kennedy School of Government at Harvard University in 2008.

Broadwell is married to Scott Broadwell, an interventional radiologist who graduated from George Washington University School of Medicine in 1996.[4] They reside in Charlotte, North Carolina and have two young sons.

So in conclusion, it is my personal belief the person who wrote that on her wikipedia page was someone close to her, someone that went to school with her at the University of Denver. Maybe that girl that received "threatening" emails from her?

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Aloysius the Gaul

Great, you've reported preemptive disinformation. Congrats. Anyone else who tells you otherwise is either trying to sell you something, or, lying.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SymbolicLogic

Nice pre-emptive ad hom there yourself!!

top topics

join