It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So TV is bad, but what can I watch? Short OP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Ok, I get it, TV is in many ways very bad for your mind, and can be a distraction from what really matters, and also get you trapped in a destructive way of life, that is, sitting in front on the TV every night, with your family, not talking to eachother. And so on and on.

But, IF I watch on TV could you recomend any programs that wouldnt be so bad to watch? I mean, there is have to be some program that is ok?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Watch Anime. Screw TV

Anime actually teaches you lessons about life and what to expect in life
edit on 12-11-2012 by WiindWalker because: (no reason given)

Supernatural is also a good show to watch, will teach you a lot about what is to come.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The walking dead (handy tips if SHTF)
Sons of anarchy (I want to be in a MC
)
Revolution (only because it is soooo bad).

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WiindWalker
Watch Anime. Screw TV

I HATE Anime
sorry, but I really do. But to get back to my question, what TV program would you consider be OK on TV?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nettlas

Watch Anime. Screw TV

I HATE Anime
sorry, but I really do. But to get back to my question, what TV program would you consider be OK on TV?

How could anyone hate anime? Did you even give it a chance? Obviously not

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Nettlas

It's not the programming that's the worst of it, but the commercials. We went TV free years ago. The kids hardly ever ask for anything, and when they do it's always because they just watched a bunch of commercials on TV.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by boymonkey74
)

Funny you should mention Revolution, becuse a friend of mine recommended it to me just the other day, and just like you say, he think it is really bad, and that is why he recommended it to me too :d, got to look that show up hehe

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Watch Anime. Screw TV

I HATE Anime

Unfortunetly yes, I have a littlebrother that constantly watch all kinds of different anime and plays video games with anime theme...so yeah, I kinda do acctully, but thanks for caring.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by otherpotato
reply to post by Nettlas

It's not the programming that's the worst of it, but the commercials. We went TV free years ago. The kids hardly ever ask for anything, and when they do it's always because they just watched a bunch of commercials on TV.

Well commercials I do avoid. In sweden we acctully have a couple of channels that is completely commercial-free. But I know that some mainstream show also have sublimal messages, or at least, that is what I have heard

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Watch Anime. Screw TV

I HATE Anime

Unfortunetly yes, I have a littlebrother that constantly watch all kinds of different anime and plays video games with anime theme...so yeah, I kinda do acctully, but thanks for caring.

See thats not watching it. You get glimpses of it while he watches it or you youre watching it halfway through the show.

Sit down and actually watch an anime from beginning to end.

That's like walking into a movie halfway, you have no idea what its about, and it will probably suck because you dont know anything about the characters.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Watch Anime. Screw TV

I HATE Anime

See thats not watching it. You get glimpses of it while he watches it or you youre watching it halfway through the show.

Sit down and actually watch an anime from beginning to end.

I have, not whole seasones, but episodes. But I think we can leave that disscussion now, Ok you recommend Anime, note taken.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Nettlas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:17 PM
link   
TV really isnt that bad, you guys just go way over the top. When your watching it you take it for what it is, light entertainment any nothing else.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Ok, I get it, TV is in many ways very bad for your mind, and can be a distraction from what really matters, and also get you trapped in a destructive way of life, that is, sitting in front on the TV every night, with your family, not talking to eachother. And so on and on.

But, IF I watch on TV could you recomend any programs that wouldnt be so bad to watch? I mean, there is have to be some program that is ok?

There are so many science shows and documentaries online that I don't need or even have a television. There are hours and hours of highly intelligent debates on Religion Vs. Atheism. There are full movies on youtube, and TV shows with very few commercial interruptions, and some with none at all.

You don't have to sit on the couch and go numb in the head while waiting for shows that you really want to watch.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Nature programs might sound boring, but you can really learn a lot from them. Pick a subject like geology or zoology and go for it. I like the National Geographic channel and Nat Geo Wild. There's also Discovery, Learning Channel, etc. You can learn about interesting people on the Biography channel. And what about sports? Being from the Bay Area, I like a good baseball game.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by graceunderpressure
Nature programs might sound boring, but you can really learn a lot from them. Pick a subject like geology or zoology and go for it. I like the National Geographic channel and Nat Geo Wild. There's also Discovery, Learning Channel, etc. You can learn about interesting people on the Biography channel. And what about sports? Being from the Bay Area, I like a good baseball game.

I love animal shows, but I can´t stand NG channel, to much interuptions all the time, like every 5 min its a break that ruin the flow in the show
well, at least for me.

I hade discovery a couple of years ago, but no longer, wich is bad cuz I really liked Discovery Science. But from what I have heard, Discover has gone sour too

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

)

These shows are a grate example of what not to watch if you dont want to be brain washed.

PBS has some ok educational shows, some of them are bias though.
edit on 12-11-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard
TV really isnt that bad, you guys just go way over the top. When your watching it you take it for what it is, light entertainment any nothing else.

Its deeper then that. The TV is made to hypnotize with its refresh rate, to put you in a docile state of mind. Its like watching a swinging ticking watch but far more complex. Have you seen footage of a old CRT TV, did you notice the lines moving up the screen witch creates a flicker.

Tv controls us as a whole. 100's of millions Americans watch hours of it a day. Feeding you information on who you should be. Playing on your emotions and trying to traumatize you. The 6 company's that own most of the channels are not to be trusted. They are controlled by the elite to move the herd. Even if you dont watch it your friends do and if they dont their friends do. It effects you either way.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

)

These shows are a grate example of what not to watch if you dont want to be brain washed.

PBS has some ok educational shows, some of them are bias though.

GTFO lol I watch them to be entertained, they are not brainwashing me at all.
Just like this site I see it as an entertainment site with handy tips.

Oh and it is GREAT not grate.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by Idonthaveabeard

Its deeper then that. The TV is made to hypnotize with its refresh rate, to put you in a docile state of mind. Its like watching a swinging ticking watch but far more complex. Have you seen footage of a old CRT TV, did you notice the lines moving up the screen witch creates a flicker.

Tv controls us as a whole. 100's of millions Americans watch hours of it a day. Feeding you information on who you should be. Playing on your emotions and trying to traumatize you. The 6 company's that own most of the channels are not to be trusted. They are controlled by the elite to move the herd. Even if you dont watch it your friends do and if they dont their friends do. It effects you either way.

Sorry but I dont believe this at all, you think the people doing the hypnotising dont watch any TV at all? Their kids dont watch TV? They would just be hypnotising and brain washing themselves aswell.

posted on Nov, 13 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by jiggerj
There are hours and hours of highly intelligent debates on Religion Vs. Atheism.

Sounds great! I can't wait.

I can tell the party never stops at your place.

I like the show Treme. It's about New Orleans in the aftermath of Katrina, and the people trying to get things back to normal. Music a big part of the show, with several characters being musicians.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join