It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rocket + camera + streaming footage + shot into Area 51 = ?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   
With so many information hungry people out there regarding Area 51, why has nobody ever successfully shot a rocket with a streaming camera attached into the section of Area 51 congested with buildings, hangers, etc.? Maybe it has happened and the footage exists out there, but I've never heard of it. If it were to be done and all you obtained from the footage was a still shot of an area of the facility, it wouldn't matter how uninteresting the footage is because what you have is footage taken inside the main facility of Area 51 as it is today! I've seen all sorts of rockets available for purchase by the public. Sure, some cost upwards into the $10,000+ range and obviously a lot are much cheaper, but some I have seen do have the potential to be shot off from a location outside the restricted perimeter and land right smack dab in the middle of the main facility, as long as you have your calculations correct.

In my mind here are the ways I see this happening. You shoot off the rocket somewhere outside the perimeter at an angle so it will arc and come down somewhere in the facility in a hard landing fashion or if you more prefer a soft landing, have a parachute deploy once the rocket is at the correct position over the facility so that any potential wind or other factors will bring it down in an area you're hoping for. In any of these attempts make sure the camera is positioned in the best manner possible depending on how you plan for the rocket to come down. The camera would be streaming the footage to a location where it would be recorded and saved because obviously you'd never see that camera again.

Why has this never been done? Is it truly not possible in terms of mechanics or has the fear of arrest and prosecution deterred even the most psychotic out there? I'm no expert, but it just seems by now someone would have accomplished doing this.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by SeriousIndividual

lol i think if you shot a rocket into area 51 camera or not , that they would probably shoot 100 rockets back to your location lol

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Posting something like this might get you red flagged quick, just saying. But interesting theory non the less.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UnknownEntity4U

An Area 51 information hungry psycho should be willing to do anything.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by gunshooter

So be it. Maybe I'll get a visit by the MIB also. If so I'll be sure to report whatever I can if I'm not taken away and never seen again.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Shooting a rocket into a secure government facility doesn’t really seem like a smart move unless you’re looking to break big rocks into little rocks at Leavenworth. If you need a new place to live for the next 40 years there are better options….just saying!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Why a rocket? Why not an rc vehicle with a programmed automated flight route. Several. Perhaps many. Approaching from multiple directions. All streaming.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:21 PM
link   
yeah i was actually planning on doing this, except i would go in with a camera myself in some ridiculous costume (like an alien or a clown) so i didnt get shot.

My friend would be nearby streaming the live feed and recording aswell in case anything happened to me.

Of course this was back when i was around 14 and it seemed like and awesome idea. Now..well i've seen what the system can do to you if you do anything that could threaten them.

But, if i ever get the chance to try this, im pretty sure i'd go through with it. I've always wanted to see what it was like in prison anyway

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Rocket + camera + streaming footage + shot into Area 51 = a good way to go to jail.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

With all the over the counter tech today I wouldn't surprised if someone were to take and RC copter and a cam to film around that place. Air Hog has a RC helicopter with camera. They could just amp it up for distance and there you go.

edit on 12-11-2012 by XLR8R because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Don't ask me. I'm asking the same thing. There seems to be so many possibilities and yet I've never heard of anything like this happening. I guess determined psychos no longer exist. Maybe they've all been locked away? All we're left with are the zero potential psychos.
edit on 12-11-2012 by SeriousIndividual because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   

That sounds seriously crazy...and not likely to turn out well!

Was good for a laugh though!

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Rocket + Camera + streaming footage, shot into Area 51 would bring back a whole heap of..Nothing.

You think their defenses are going to be as weak to let that idea infiltrate their security? There's governments with unlimited expenses that want to see what America are inventing, able to develop stateliness and stealth planes - So I highly doubt you're idea of a amateur rocket on an amateur streaming connection is going to achieve anything along the lines of what you're thinking.

Not having a dig OP, just playing Captain Obvious for this particular post

Add to this fact, that you would go to prison too. . So its defiantly not a good idea
edit on 12-11-2012 by n00bUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I would suspect that it's because illegally firing rockets to come down hard into the middle of Government property in order to get some pictures of a few hangars is not only dangerous to the lives of the people who actually work there but expensive and likely to land you a long time in jail. And rightfully so.

What do you even expect to see? Do you really think that if Area 51 were used for anything nefarious that they'd just be leaving it out on the runway for any Tom Dick or Putin to snap with a passing spy satellite?

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Make sure you pack clean underwear as you'll need it when 20 Apache's and about 300 troops surround you

I doubt anything of interest ever pokes its eyes into the day light as it'll be crated etc and loaded aboard a plane inside a hangar

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

What about a swarm?

skip to 28sec

WRT the OP...The military would actively jam the area and any transmissions would get garbled/lost.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Because that would be retarded.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by UnknownEntity4U

lol i think if you shot a rocket into area 51 camera or not , that they would probably shoot 100 rockets back to your location lol

yea i have to agree with this. Im quite sure they have plenty of eyes and cameras that can see well past the restricted areas. You will eather be fired upon before the rocket even passes the fence or chased down and captured in mins if not seconds. You would with out a doubt be deemed a threat and most likely a terrorist, if not a spy of some sort. Enjoy your stay at the bay..Guantanamo that is. For all they would know this rocket is explosive.. I pitty the fool

link   
dual post, sorry
edit on 11/12/2012 by BennyTheBlade because: uh oh spagetti o

link   
reply to post by n00bUK

My point in the end is why have we never seen the footage of this being attempted? So half way through the camera feed goes out because one of their known/unknown defenses stopped it dead in its path. Where's the footage of this partial attempt? Where are the psychos?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join