It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran vs USA History Video- Russia Today Reads ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Just came across this very informative video from RT, although one could argue they may have been coming to ATS to get their material

Just who is a threat to who?

Video offers a brief history addressing this question-

- British control over Iranian oil for the first half of the 20th century, to Iran nationalising their oil.

- The British/American led 1953 coup, imposing the Shah of Iran.

- The 1979 revoltion and the creation of the Islamic Republic of Iran.

- The Iraq vs Iran war, with America funding Saddam and providing weapons and intelligence despite Iraq using chemical weapons against Iranian soldiers.

- The cruel economic sanctions and propaganda lies over WMD as pretexts for war, and that is just what we officially know about.

RT even uses the image that shows an isolated Iran as has been posted on ATS more than once now
-

This video may well have been created by an ATS member

edit on 11-11-2012 by Wonderer2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Pesky free thinkers.

Better install a ruthless dictatorial drunken father figure to keep them from ever being able to think clearly.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Yea, I could see how she could be reading some of the comments from a ATS forum

Nothing like getting a attractive women to try and convince people.

+17 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Oh look....

RT spreading peace and harmony by digging up the past.

+49 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Oh look....

Being aware of the history is key to understanding what is happening right now.

Or do you want people to ignore history and believe Iran is the threat with their WMD plans?

+8 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wonderer2012

Oh look....

Being aware of the history is key to understanding what is happening right now.

Or do you want people to ignore history and believe Iran is the threat with their WMD plans?

WELL SAID!!

History cannot be ignored... only the ignorant ignore history.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by YourWIFI

Yeah,what was that term?.

Generational Amnesia?.

Yeah,I think that was it.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by MDDoxs
Yea, I could see how she could be reading some of the comments from a ATS forum

Nothing like getting a attractive women to try and convince people.

That's hilarious. I wonder how many other news agencies check out sites like ATS for stories? Not sure that's the case with this story but I'm sure it happens.

From now on I'm ending all of my comments with this....

+27 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Yes let's talk about real history..

First thing the map....

The funny thing about that map is that according to wikileaks [Believable only if damning the West] is that the majority of those predominantly Muslim countries have all asked the US to take action on Iran. [Which so far has been refused]

I wonder why so many Islamic states have requested a US presence...

Interesting Arab perspective....
The Arabs on Iran
The U.A.E. ambassador tells the truth.

The world's most open secret is that the Arab countries of the Middle East fear a nuclear Iran as much, and perhaps more, than Israel does. The surprise is when an official dares to speak this truth in public, which is why the comments this week by United Arab Emirates Ambassador to the U.S. Yousef Al-Otaiba are worth noting.

Speaking at a gabfest sponsored by The Atlantic, Mr. Otaiba was asked if he wanted the U.S. to stop the Iranian bomb program by force? He answered: "Absolutely, absolutely. I think we are at risk of an Iranian nuclear program far more than you are at risk. At 7,000 miles away, and with two oceans bordering you, an Iranian nuclear threat does not threaten the continental United States. It may threaten your assets in the region, it will threaten the peace process, it will threaten balance of power, it will threaten everything else, but it will not threaten you."

Also about the Iranian Shah...

What was quoted?

1953?

Dig a little deeper than internet voodoo pop culture pro Iranian BS...

Operation Ajax?

The Shah himself "Appointed" the guy in the first place back in 1951 that he [years later] overthrew ...

Also the "Democratically elected" part of the story get's a fair amount of play with regards to discussing Operation Ajax. However it needs to be represented in it's proper historical context IMHO. It wasn't a general/popular election as many envision...

Mohammad Mosaddegh

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/06fc9f402126.jpg[/atsimg]
Election as prime minister

On 28 April 1951, the Majlis (Parliament of Iran) named Mosaddegh as new prime minister by a vote of 79–12. Aware of Mosaddegh's rising popularity and political power, the young Shah appointed Mosaddegh to the Premiership.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0402488d3dcb.jpg[/atsimg]
Mosaddegh shaking hands with Mohammad-Reza Shah in their first meeting after Mossadegh's election as Prime Minister

Source

In 1951, after the assassination of prime minister Ali Razmara, Dr. Mohammed Mossadegh was elected prime minister by a parliamentary vote which was then ratified by the Shah. As prime minister, Mossadegh became enormously popular in Iran after he nationalized Iran's petroleum industry and oil reserves

I'm not surprised people are afraid of the truth let RT spew it's truncated version of the facts.

edit on 11-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+15 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

So the CIA did not orchestrate regime change in 1953?

The 1953 Iranian coup d'état (known in Iran as the 28 Mordad coup[3]) was the overthrow of the democratically elected government of Iran, and its head of government Prime Minister Mohammad Mosaddegh on 19 August 1953, orchestrated by the intelligence agencies of the United Kingdom (under the name 'Operation Boot') and the United States (under the name TPAJAX Project).[4][5] The coup saw the transition of Mohammad-Rezā Shāh Pahlavi from a constitutional monarch to an authoritarian one who relied heavily on United States support to hold on to power until his own overthrow in February 1979

Was this orchestrated regime change not long after Iran nationalised their oil and took back the profits from the British oil companies?

In 1951, Iran's oil industry was nationalized with near-unanimous support of Iran's parliament in a bill introduced by Mossadegh who led the nationalist parliamentarian faction. Iran's oil had been controlled by the British-owned Anglo-Iranian Oil Company (AIOC), now known as BP.[7] Popular discontent with the AIOC began in the late 1940s, a large segment of Iran's public and a number of politicians saw the company as exploitative and a vestige of British imperialism.[8]

Despite Mosaddegh's popular support, Britain was unwilling to negotiate its single most valuable foreign asset, and instigated a worldwide boycott of Iranian oil to pressure Iran economically.[9] Initially, Britain mobilized its military to seize control of the Abadan oil refinery, the world's largest, but Prime Minister Clement Attlee opted instead to tighten the economic boycott[10] while using Iranian agents to undermine Mosaddegh's government.[11] With a change to more conservative governments in both Britain and the United States, Churchill and the U.S. Eisenhower administration decided to overthrow Iran's government though the predecessor U.S. Truman administration had opposed a coup.[12]

Classified documents show British intelligence officials played a pivotal role in initiating and planning the coup, and that Washington and London shared an interest in maintaining control over Iranian oil

+18 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Wonderer2012

AND

The funny part of this whole mess is that the present Iranian theocracy wouldn't allow a great man like Mosaddegh in office because he wouldn't have been in lockstep with their present theocratic agenda or a simple yes man mouthpiece like mahmoud ahmadinejad....

Enjoy

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   

You wonder why the detractors would want to change history.....

Good stuff.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Who was her beautician?

Maybe this guy?

I look at this as just more propaganda.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Speaking at a gabfest sponsored by The Atlantic, Mr. Otaiba was asked if he wanted the U.S. to stop the Iranian bomb program by force? He answered: "Absolutely, absolutely. I think we are at risk of an Iranian nuclear program far more than you are at risk. At 7,000 miles away, and with two oceans bordering you, an Iranian nuclear threat does not threaten the continental United States. It may threaten your assets in the region, it will threaten the peace process, it will threaten balance of power, it will threaten everything else, but it will not threaten you."
There is no evidence to support claims of an Iranian nuclear weapons program. Even the CIA
and Mossad have said Iran likely gave up any nuclear ambition in 2003. 16 other intelligence organizations around the world have also come to the same conclusion.

There is plenty of evidence Mr Otaiba is talking s**t....

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
There is plenty of evidence Mr Otaiba is talking s**t....

Well let's see, he is from the region with ties to many people of power and in the know from the region. Are you [a voice on the internet] so cocked sure that all those Iranian scientist and engineers are hunkered deep down in those secret reinforced bunkers just playing Worlds of Warcraft?

Time will tell.

edit on 11-11-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

+23 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

AND

The funny part of this whole mess is that the present Iranian theocracy wouldn't allow a great man like Mosaddegh in office because he wouldn't have been in lockstep with their present theocratic agenda or a simple yes man mouthpiece like mahmoud ahmadinejad....

Enjoy

Slow down, are you saying the CIA backed regime change of 1953 never took place?

You posted a picture of the Shah, but I could post a picture an out of context picture of I don't know, Rumsfeld with Saddam? Or maybe the former British PM Chamberlain with Adolf Hitler himself, a picture taken out of context is meaningless to your argument.

Are you denying the British and Americans orchestrated regime change in Iran in 1953?

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Looks like Salt pissed off her stylist.

Whats with the video and all the points and "facts" and all that crap. We dont like that stuff around here.

+16 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Yeah the Cia was there right along with the British counterpart of which the US was dragged in to that little dance.

Operation boot.

Yet another thread playing Iran is just a poor little old victim and since then they have taken student hostages,supported terrorist organizations,ran guns, and assisted in the whole sale murder of other middle eastern countries people.

But hey US evil blah blah blah.
edit on 11-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Yeah the Cia was there right along with the British counterpart of which the US was dragged in to that little dance.

Operation boot.

Yet another thread playing Iran is just a poor little old victim and since then they have taken student hostages,supported terrorist organizations,ran guns, and assisted in the whole sale murder of other middle eastern countries people.

But hey US evil blah blah blah.
edit on 11-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

I'm well aware it happened, but slayer posted pictures of the Shah and wants us to believe it never happened!

I'm not saying Iran is the 'good guy', but they've got a reason to be pissed off, the least they can do is fight back IMO.

You bring up gun running yet the biggest arms dealer on the planet by an incredible margin is the USA. By far. I'm not judging, I'm declaring facts.

As the video says, how would you feel towards Iran if they had meddled with your countries past and had imposed regime change, funded another country to attack you and used chemical weapons against your military, imposed sanctions that creates massive unemployment and affects availability of food and medicine for millions of people?

+10 more 
posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well, RT is the mouthpiece of the Russian government. No surprise then that the Russian role and involvement in the region and particularly in Iran has been covered up.

In the Cold War the US supported Iraq in the Iran-Iraq war. So did the Russians. Is there a reason why the Iraqi military was composed almost entirely of Russian/Soviet kit? Are people's memories so fickle and why do people think RT is factual?

Russia have an agenda to push and RT is their mouthpiece.

Regards

<<   2  3  4 >>

join