It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Republicans agree the 2012 election was a LANDSLIDE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

15 Sucky things prevented by Obama winning his 2nd term

(1) “We are not going to have a Supreme Court that will overturn Roe vs. Wade. There will be no more Antonin Scalias and Samuel Alitos added to this court.”

(3) “We’re not going to give the 20% tax cut to millionaires and billionaires, and expect [cutting] programs like food stamps and kids’ health insurance to cover that tax cut.”

(4) “We’re not going to make you clear it with your boss if you want to get birth control with the insurance plan that you’re on.”

Read more.

Now with Obama having 332 EV none of the Sunday show hosts will call it a landslide but make all sorts of excuses why Rmoney lost.

Expect to hear how Obama barely pulled out a 120+ electoral vote victory

Rachel Maddow summed it up perfectly

On Election night, we decided not to extend tax cuts to the rich and we decided NOT to bring back the architects of the Iraq War.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   
It is.. remember those who said Romney would win in a landslide? They called it at 330 electorial votes Romney was supposed to win in this "landslide".

/bookmark
edit on 10-11-2012 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   
I do, I remember Dick Morris predicting a Romney landslide because he didn't expect the same turnout as in 2008.

I don't think even Nate Silver had Obama getting 332 EV.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
I said 332 was the magic number.

IMO, it was a landslide considering how close people said this election was going to be.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

Electoral college landslide indeed.

Popular vote was roughly the same as all other elections between 1-4%. 1-4% is not something I would consider a landslide in any case.

I am too much a conspiracy theorist to acknowledge any of the candidates presented to us as for the last 20 years the candidate with the more direct British royal lineage has won the election.

Also Muse7 are you a female? I only ask this as all the things you included in your actual post have to do with "women's issues".

Personally, I think women have way too many issues as things stand right now and giving them increased access to hospitals and doctors is only going to increase the number of issues they have. Good Lord I have to hear them bitch enough all day at work please don't torture any more.
edit on 10-11-2012 by FriedBabelBroccoli because: 101

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

And if the GOP don't sort themselves out.

Expect a Democrat landslide in the 2014 mid-terms.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:31 PM
link   
And Obama took the under 30 vote. Maybe the numbers brought to the repubs by Reagan's con of the free market is starting to fade.

My personal feeling is that Obama was put into the white house in 2008 because they thought he would be easy to beat in 2012, and the repubs would be back in office.

This might mark a major turn in US politics. One can only hope.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 07:45 PM
link   
How do they figure?

Considering none of the states have the same number of electoral votes?

In a country that is supposedly about "democracy" and majority rule seems every state would have the same number of electoral votes.

Only a small number of states those with the most electoral votes decide our elections.
edit on 10-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It's funny when the RW media predicts a Romney landslide using numbers like 320 electoral votes, but when Obama get that and more, they suddenly drop the phrase 'landslide'.

Obama crushed the Republicans, not only did he take 332 electoral votes but the popular vote by 5.25 million, and counting - and here is the funny part, there are still nearly 1 million uncounted votes between Ohio, Florida, and Arizona, that are all but certain to also go to Obama. Those uncounted votes came largely from purged voters, and who got purged? Democrat-leaning voters. Arizona is now up for grabs - Arizona - the "papers please" state and home of birther king Joe Arpaio, has not yet counted 630,000 provisional ballots, and those ballots were from democratic leaning counties and from Hispanic voters. NOT very likely they will be for Romney.

The level of acrimony and lies from the RW media failed to swing voters. 'Citizen's United' and the SuperPACS with their unprecedented spending spree failed to swing voters. The GOP banked everything that they could convince voters that Obama alone is responsible for the state of the economy after the crash without ever once accepting their role in that crash, or their behavior in blocking every attempt to recover from it, and that strategy failed to swing voters.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

15 Sucky things prevented by Obama winning his 2nd term

a few are funny....But

(16) We are not going to have an unemployment rate below 5%.

(17) We are not going to have a balanced budget.

(18) We are not going to have a AAA credit rating.

(19) We are not going to have affordable Federal assistance programs.

(20) We are not going to have normal wages and full time restored for workers.

(21) We are not going to have a reasonable tax structure.

(22) We are not going to have reasonable health insurance rates or costs.

(23) We are not going to have an economic boom like the last one in the mid 00's.

(24) We are not going to have the "Individualism" that we once had.

(25) thru (1000) ..._________... [to be continued..]

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

ahahahah

that's a joke right?

Someone that voted for Romney is saying Obama wouldn't deliver that? Do you think Romney would have? No.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   

What boom in the mid 00s?

You mean the housing pyramid?

You believe one iota of the nonsense you posted?

The ignorance is astonishing.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
How do they figure?

Considering none of the states have the same number of electoral votes?

In a country that is supposedly about "democracy" and majority rule seems every state would have the same number of electoral votes.

Only a small number of states those with the most electoral votes decide our elections.
edit on 10-11-2012 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

People vote, not states. The states that have higher populations should have more say in the electoral college, as they represent more people. Even if each state received the same number of electoral votes, Obama still would have won because he won more states.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Being self centered and greedy is not part of America's future it seems! Thank the young for making the effort to make sure they have a country when their kids are about to have kids.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Terminal1
It is.. remember those who said Romney would win in a landslide? They called it at 330 electorial votes Romney was supposed to win in this "landslide".

/bookmark
edit on 10-11-2012 by Terminal1 because: (no reason given)

Oh yea! There has been NOTHING BUT LIES coming from the Right about this election claiming it was "skewed" and that polling was all a conspiracy from the "Liberals" and all KINDS OF NONSENSE!!

I wonder if they will wake up and see just how many OTHER LIES that they are being told is "fact" and "truth"? The right-wing and conservatives are a foundation of LIES, FEAR, and NONSENSE.

It is just as I predicted many times here... A CLEAR AND EASY WIN FOR OBAMA!!!

AMERICA HAS SPOKEN!!!!

edit on 11-11-2012 by YourWIFI because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

In fact, in states with very low populations the people often get more of a vote than people in states with large populations.

Good job in denying ignorance.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by poet1b

What boom in the mid 00s?

You mean the housing pyramid?

You believe one iota of the nonsense you posted?

The ignorance is astonishing.

I guess he could be referring to the large wage increases at the executive level during that time period. Sadly, it never trickled down the the middle class.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by LeatherNLace

No in a supposed true "representative democracy" every state should have a equal vote, no states votes matters more than any other.

The Electoral College was created for two reasons. The first purpose was to create a buffer between population and the selection of a President. The second as part of the structure of the government that gave extra power to the smaller states.

www.historycentral.com...

ultimately tho the electoral college has failed on more than one occasion see Obama 2008-2012 before that Bush in 2000.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Great, I get it. You don't like the electoral college. How about we amend the constitution to change that. While we're at it, lets make some amendments limiting gun ownership, free speech, religious freedom, etc. Or do we only get to tinker with the constitution when is serves the interests of conservatives?

At least we have a conservative here who agrees that the constitution , as it was originally written, is not infallible and needs periodic changes. I'll give you kudos for that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join