It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Happy Birthday US Marine Corps.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   
The Marine Corps is 237 years old today. That's what my math is telling me, but I'm drunk.

I would like to bring special attention to the late Commandant Smedley Butler.

He was a True American hero.
Not only was he aware of the US military's role as hired thugs for big business and banks, he wrote a book about it called "War is a Racket". A very good and interesting book from a unique point of view if you have never read it. For some reason you won't find it on the Commandant's reading list.

In addition to being a certified badass, author, and Commandant of the Marine Corps., he also exposed a plot to stage a coup to overthrow the United States govt. Otherwise known as the "Business Plot" if you have never heard of it before.

Anyway, happy birthday Marines. Oorah and Semper Fidelis.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Saw this on Facebook and thought it would be fun to share.

‎"India foxtrot yankee oscar uniform charlie alpha november uniform november delta echo romeo sierra tango alpha november delta tango hotel india sierra charlie oscar papa yankee alpha november delta papa alpha sierra tango echo india tango tango oscar yankee oscar uniform romeo sierra tango alpha tango uniform sierra (in honor of our Armed Forces) - let's see who gets it and follows the instructions" Happy Birthday USMC 237th Birthday Semper Fi

Greatest man I ever knew was a marine....love ya grandpa.

edit on 10-11-2012 by Maluhia because: (no reason given)

join