It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Husband Wrote Letter to NYTimes About Wife Having Affair with 'Government Executive'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Husband Wrote Letter to NYTimes About Wife Having Affair with 'Government Executive'

I saw this posted on the The Drudge Report this a.m., so I am ALSO following the lead on this as a previous posting here on ATS a few moments ago. I have a sense that there is surely something to this. As suggested by other respondents - this deserves a thread of its own.

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by jefwane

Might be worth starting another thread so that it isn't lost in the shuffle here.
Interesting info, first I heard of it. Thanks for bringing it.

Here's a letter to the New York Times Magazine's "ethicist," which was published over the summer:

My wife is having an affair with a government executive. His role is to manage a project whose progress is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership. (This might seem hyperbolic, but it is not an exaggeration.) I have met with him on several occasions, and he has been gracious. (I doubt if he is aware of my knowledge.) I have watched the affair intensify over the last year, and I have also benefited from his generosity. He is engaged in work that I am passionate about and is absolutely the right person for the job. I strongly feel that exposing the affair will create a major distraction that would adversely impact the success of an important effort. My issue: Should I acknowledge this affair and finally force closure? Should I suffer in silence for the next year or two for a project I feel must succeed? Should I be “true to my heart” and walk away from the entire miserable situation and put the episode behind me? NAME WITHHELD

There is, as one might imagine, much speculation that this is somehow related to CIA director David Petraeus's affair with biographer Paula Broadwell. Or it could be completely unrelated.

edit on 10-11-2012 by gmonundercover because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by gmonundercover

I'm not sure what you are getting at here, because you didn't really say much about your own belief on this.

If this is the person in question for a resignation, I mostly recall that this person has had the nickname of, "Betray us." So, if this is indeed the husband of the person having an affair with him, what more needs to be said?

If you can't take care of business at home, why should people believe you can handle the business of the country?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
See here as well.............Did Paula Broadwell’s Cuckolded Husband Write a Letter to Chuck Klosterman in the The New York Times?

Paula and her cuckolded husband. She lives in Dilworth NC with her husband, radiologist Scott Broadwell, and their sons, Landon and Lucien.

Paula served in Afghanistan (10 years of service?) I guess we can see why Petraeus would have fallen hard huh?

Opening paragraph:

In the July 13th edition of Klosterman's The Ethicist advice column for the New York Times, an anonymous reader wrote in seeking advice about an affair his wife was having with a "government executive" whose job "is seen worldwide as a demonstration of American leadership." The anonymous reader went on to praise the government executive as "gracious" and "absolutely the right person for the job." He then asked if he should acknowledge the affair or let it continue until the project succeeds. Sounds like the government executive could hold a position like, say, the director of the CIA, right? In other words, did Paula Broadwell's husband know about her affair with David Petraeus and then turn to, of all people, Chuck Klosterman for advice? Maybe!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:32 AM
link   
This adds credibility to the idea that he really did have an affair.

It still could have been an elaborate setup or 'honeytrap', as some are calling it.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

This adds credibility to the idea that he really did have an affair.

It still could have been an elaborate setup or 'honeytrap', as some are calling it.

Do you mean the entire affair was a set up? Could have been. Remember when the Kennedy's had affairs with Marilyn Monroe? There was speculation that she was privy to very secret information, via pillow talk.

This might have been a set up to see just what kind of information he was willing to share with a sexual partner.

I wonder if we will ever be privy to any of it?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:45 AM
link   
What got him caught was his use of his personal Gmail account. He got caught so proof that gmail is compromised.

If that husband did write the letter, it boggles my mind what he was trying to accomplish.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

If you can't take care of business at home, why should people believe you can handle the business of the country?

The halls of power are rife with stories of who's doing who. They only use it as an excuse or distraction to cover for whatever the real reason is "somebody quit" or got "fired".

Seems to be working.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

It could have been a set up. She speaks Arabic and was hacking his email. Maybe there is more to her than we know about now. She could be a spy.

Or, it could have been an 'insurance policy' set up by the CIA itself, Obama or some shadowy PTB characters. There are more than a couple of possibilities.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

It could have been a set up. She speaks Arabic and was hacking his email. Maybe there is more to her than we know about now. She could be a spy.

Or, it could have been an 'insurance policy' set up by the CIA itself, Obama or some shadowy PTB characters. There are more than a couple of possibilities.

For something of a corroboration on your thoughts on her being a spy please see my post here on Zionist interloper and notorious liar Vernon Loeb who "co-authored" her book. My take goes a step further as in a possible Mossad connection and/or Paula Broadwell as an "outed" Double Agent perhaps? Her background fits the profile.

Recent Edit: see post below -

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   

reply to post by Sissel

Hey, you know what, if it weeded out a bad element, it was worth it.

As to him having an affair, like I said, if he can't take care of matters at home, he has no business dealing with the country. Men are ruled by one head alone, sad to say, and he's one of them.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

Absolutely correct on his not belonging in that position.

Who knows what the real story is, but he screwed up. We don't need screw-ups running our govt agencies... Especially intelligence agencies!

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by gmonundercover

Very well could be a connection there.

The Mossad is regarded as top-notch in their line of work....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Sissel

AND no ordinary gal is she -----------see this reprise of this earlier post -

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
Some interesting things about Paula,
www.thedailybeast.com...

To say Paula Broadwell is an overachiever is an understatement. She grew up in North Dakota, graduated from West Point and worked in military intelligence. She studied Arabic in the Middle East—Jordan in particular—and specialized in counterinsurgency, counterterrorism, and geopolitical analysis.

www.thedailybeast.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by gmonundercover
See here as well.............Did Paula Broadwell’s Cuckolded Husband Write a Letter to Chuck Klosterman in the The New York Times?

Paula and her cuckolded husband. She lives in Dilworth NC with her husband, radiologist Scott Broadwell, and their sons, Landon and Lucien.

Paula served in Afghanistan (10 years of service?) I guess we can see why Petraeus would have fallen hard huh?

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Well, she is still in the reserves so she is likely to get discharged. Apparently some of this came out because ole' General Bozo used his personal gmail to communicate with this woman. She is being investigated for hacking into it and sending some harassing letters to high-level officials who the Bozo had in his gmail contacts. Of course this could have been the husband as well, but I think we might have a simply case of "lady got dumped and decided to stalk" here.

And yeah, he qualifies as an idiot for this mess. I can understand wanting to sleep with the lady but, using your personal gmail unsecured as the head of the CIA? Stupid.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

From what I heard, SHE dumped HIM, and he was obsessed with her and sent her "thousands" of emails. So it was more a case of him stalking her rather than the other way around.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zaphod58
reply to post by antonia

From what I heard, SHE dumped HIM, and he was obsessed with her and sent her "thousands" of emails. So it was more a case of him stalking her rather than the other way around.

Could be that too. I only read two stories and they weren't flattering to the woman really. Either way, the General is one idiot.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   
boingboing.net...

The Washington Post reports that the investigation into CIA chief David Petraeus began "when a woman whom he was having an affair with sent threatening e-mails to another woman close to him," citing "three senior law enforcement officials with knowledge of the episode" as sources.

News accounts circulating yesterday suggested instead that the FBI began snooping on the spy boss' Gmail account for other reasons, so this is a new and significant twist.

This whole thing has me chanting "Jerry, Jerry, Jerry...." So there are several conflicting reports here. Some are saying Petraeus was stalking her. The FBI is saying they are investigating threats to another woman who was in Petraeus' gmail contacts. Apparently the threats were traced to Broadwell as well as the hacking.

All we need is a paternity test and we are talking daytime tv.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by antonia

Well, she is still in the reserves so she is likely to get discharged.

Not until she faces a court martial if the PTB decide to do so. I even heard one commentator speculating that Gen. Petraeus could be re-called from civilian life to face charges and a likely reduction in rank for his offense of having an affair with an officer under his command, which is in violation of the UCMJ.

Imagine her suing him for sexual intimidation because of his superior status (rank) over her.
Just a thought - amusing, but very possible as well. Howz the saying go "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned" ???

new topics

top topics

join