It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Post-Election, Media Free to Report on Coming Recession

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
With the elections over and the Obama Administration intact, will we be seeing an onslaught of "news" that may have been "held up" for obvious reasons ?

Perhaps.

The same issues and economic problems are still here. Yes, the same ones as before.

How will the politicians face the music this time ?

How will the "Media" report ? How will they "condition" the public ?

Two days after the election, CNBC published a dour report on the economy. In what should be a shock to no one, CNBC is predicting that the U.S. economy is likely headed for another recession

CNBC helpfully informs us, now that the election is over, that the light in our economic tunnel could be a "freight train." It sure would have been nice to know that before the election, wouldn't it?

Slowing corporate profits, the remnants of Superstorm Sandy and the ramifications of the "fiscal cliff" in Washington are expected to result in at least two quarters of slow or no growth that could make investing even trickier than it was during the ups and downs of 2012.

That isn't even the worst news. The bigger problem, which is only now being introduced into the media's narrative, is that the economy never achieved "escape velocity" in order to get past the low growth rate we have been experiencing for the past four years. ...........

Post-Election, Media Free to Report on Coming Recession

but the economy is good....right?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 11:38 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Dear xuenchen,

My opinion, which you should probably ignore, (I'm not doing so well with predictions this month), is that the media will play it up, but with the emphasis your article indicated.

Slowing corporate profits, the remnants of Superstorm Sandy and the ramifications of the "fiscal cliff" in Washington are expected to result in at least two quarters of slow or no growth that could make investing even trickier than it was during the ups and downs of 2012.
That will allow the President to say that action is required right now and Congress has to go along with him.

But notice the reasons mentioned. You can't blame Sandy on the President, the fiscal cliff will be presented as the Republican's fault, and the corporate profits are the corporations' own fault.

He would very much like to look good for the 2014 elections and his attempt to take back the House, and I don't believe the press will do anything to make him look bad.

They're not going to hide the story because it's too big and obvious.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I believe you to be quite accurate in your summation.

I find it to be quite disterbing that so many can see this obvious dishonesty, and not understand that if the logic involved in its necessity, also carries the fact that if this direction were trully for the betterment of all, the dishonesty would not be necessary at all.

Which leads one to think, that the entire premise must be flawed, and therefore necessitates the need of dishonesty to subvert the truth to make it palatable.

Which of course just begs the question, if this were trully the right direction, and it would work out for the good of al, why would one need to cover these facts up at all in the first place.

Just food for thought.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:37 AM
link   

With over 16 trillion dollars in debt, and we all know the number is probably much higher than that, how can anyone in their right minds think our economy is going to be ok? Anyone who voted for Obama is clearly not seeing this, not that Romney would have been the better choice. The clear choice was Ron Paul but these fools belittled him while cheering on their puppets. So we got everything that is coming to us unless the American people recognize this and demand recourse. Right now we are running head first, with blinders on, into deep trouble.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Swills

Right now we are running head first, with blinders on, into deep trouble.

Blinders still mean that one can see, albeit, only in one direction.

I would say that many have a sackcloth over their head, and are running for runnings sake, not caring where it leads them.

As long as it is not over that cliff.
At which point, once they step out into nothing but air, you will hear...

"But what about M...
e
e
e
e
e
e
e!"

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 12:59 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

I would agree with the sack theory but I'm more inclined to the chasing the carrot attached to the stick theory

edit on 10-11-2012 by Swills because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join