It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Military Bases In Uk?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Right, A freind and i were discussing about the possibility of there being secret underground facilities in several major cities in the UK that no one knew about.

He mentioned to me that a friend of his knows a security guard in the Buchanan Galaries Shopping Centre in Glasgow, who says during it's construction there was a huge basement area dug out, but only a fraction of it is used apparently. We've both heard rumours about the possibility of a secret facility in there.

Now i've been googling and can't find anything on Glasgow, but does anyone else have any info about other possible secret inner city sites that have been rumoured to be used by the MOD?

Snoop.

posted on Oct, 20 2004 @ 06:39 PM
link   
there are plenty of tunnels and facilities in London. Not that Top Secret, as everyone knows they are there, but you can't get in them. You will probably find most major towns will have underground facilities, as the main focus for surviving nuclear war was ensuring local Government had a HQ.

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Fort Halstead

Repurchased by Ministry of Defence in 1937 for work on anti aircraft rockets and currently within the boundary of DERA Fort Halstead, an MoD research establishment.

some one else posted this info,apparentley this base has upto 30 levels!

if you do a google search for military sites you can get some good info on locations and what the bases have or were used for (well as much as they will tell the public anyway)
A freind of mine worked for a telecommunications company in Manchester at a very high level (ex-military) and he did some work in some large tunnel networks under the city,he was told they were cold war remants,as im sure they were but he said that he noticed some very modern radio equipment down there and period extras.The tunnels were big enough to drive a truck down yet few people seemed aware of their exsistence?

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Underground telephone exchange at Manchester

www.cybertrn.demon.co.uk...

Underground telephone exchange at Birmingham

www.seby.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk...

zero lift

[edit on 28-10-2004 by zero lift]

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 08:08 AM
link   
Im on my way with my rifle. Lets see just how secret these places are!!!

posted on Oct, 28 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
I had also read in some other threads here about some of the bunkers and bases in the UK. I have never seen them myself, but I have always thought that tunnels run all through the underground of London and other major cities.

top topics

join