It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking: CIA Director Petraeus Resigning

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Navy commanders relieved of duty in 2012

Stars and Stripes Published: September 12, 2012

Capt. Chuck Litchfield was relieved from command of the USS Essex after it collided with the replenishment oiler Yukon off the Southern California coast on May 16.

Cmdr. Derick Armstrong, commanding officer of the guided missile destroyer USS The Sullivans, was relieved "as result of an unprofessional command climate that was contrary to good order and discipline."

Cmdr. Lee Hoey, commanding officer of the Navy Drug Screening Laboratory, San Diego, fired May 1 due to poor command climate.

Cmdr. Dennis Klein, commander of the submarine USS Columbia, fired May 1 for inadequate performance in administration and operations.

Cmdr. Corrine Parker, head of Fleet Logistics Support Squadron 1, fired April 16 after an investigation revealed the possible falsification of administrative records.

Capt. Marcia “Kim” Lyons, commander of Naval Health Clinic New England, relieved April 6 after problems were identified in an annual command climate survey.

Cmdr. Jon Haydel, commanding officer of the amphibious transport dock USS San Diego, fired March 12 amid an investigation into "personal misconduct."

Cmdr. Jeffrey Wissel, commander of Fleet Air Reconnaissance Squadron 1, fired Feb. 27 amid allegations of “personal misconduct.”

Capt. Robert Marin, commander of the USS Cowpens, relieved Feb. 10 on suspicion of "inappropriate personal behavior."

Cmdr. Diego Hernandez, commanding offer of the ballistic-missile submarine USS Wyoming, relieved Feb. 4 after he was convicted in an admiral's mast of dereliction of duty for mishandling classified materials.

Capt. Jeffrey Riedel, program manager of the Littoral Combat Ship program, was “temporarily reassigned” pending a command investigation into allegations of inappropriate personal behavior.

Capt. Lisa Raimondo, commander of Naval Health Clinic Patuxent River, Md., relieved of command on June 29 due to a "a significant lack of leadership and integrity that eroded good order and discipline in the command."

Command Master Chief Kelly Smith, CMC of the USS Gunston Hall, fired Sept. 8 for alleged misconduct during a deployment.

Cmdr. Kyle G. Strudthoff, executive officer of Helicopter Sea Combat Squadron 25, fired Sept. 11 for striking a junior officer.

Cmdr. Sheryl Tannahill, commanding officer of Navy Operational Support Center Nashville, relieved of command Sept. 16 amid allegations of an inappropriate relationship.

Cmdr. David Faught, XO of the USS Chung-Hoon, relieved of command Sept. 19 because of a “loss of confidence in his ability to perform as XO.”

Capt. Antonio Cardoso, commanding officer of Training Support Center San Diego, fired Sept. 21 for violating the Navy's policy on hazing.

Rear Adm. Charles M. Gaouette was replaced as commanding officer of the aircraft carrier USS John C. Stennis pending the outcome of an internal investigation into allegations of inappropriate judgment, the Navy announced on Oct. 27.

Cmdr. Joseph E. Darlak was replaced as the skipper of the USS Vandegrift on Nov. 2, after a rowdy and booze-fueled port visit to Vladivostok, Russia, in the month previous.

Capt. Michael Wiegand, commanding officer of Southwest Regional Maintenance Center in San Diego, relieved Nov. 8 amid allegations that funds were misused under his watch.

www.stripes.com...

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Story on the sister.
www.tampabay.com...

TAMPA — Prominent Tampa lawyer Barry Cohen is tangled in a legal battle with former employee and lawyer Natalie Khawam.

She's suing him, his law firm and other defendants on six counts, including sexual harassment and breach of contract.

And a FBI investigator was hired to investigate the claims.

Cohen said the firm dealt with the issue immediately, hiring a retired FBI investigator, Bob Cromwell, to look into the allegations. Cromwell said in an interview he spent about two weeks interviewing employees, including Khawam.

Shortly after the investigation was completed, Cohen told Goldberg in a Dec. 2, 2009, letter that he was prohibited from returning or having "any further contact with any female employees."

Khawam submitted her resignation that same day.

So now she is suing wanting to be paid for stealing a client from another law firm in order to get a job there.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by MsAphrodite
The purges have begun, God help us.

Exactly.

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

OMG

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Took me an hour but I finally got through all 27.5 pages.

Wow, I had no idea of the depth of this story!

I will be keeping an interested eye on this thread/story and appreciate the research and time you all are putting in.

Question regarding all the removing of generals... With all these replacement generals (and there are a lot), doesn't it seem like it would weaken us which would be a great time for an attack? Especially if this consulate wasn't a consulate but a point for supplying guns!!! Sounds like a perfect storm in the ME.

There are some people thinking something big might happen. Could this be it... an attack or the start of another war?!

And if so, is it Mossad? We seem to be getting played here.

One thing is for certain - General P. resigning is just the surface.
edit on 11-11-2012 by six67seven because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2012 @ 11:43 PM
link   
Look who else has hung out with P. Broadwell -

twitter.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
I posted this is another thread but this seems to be the main petraeus thread so i'll put it here also.

If this is true this is why he resigned. He told his misstress classified info. This should probably be its own thread but I'm not a thread starter. Someone else pick it up if you like.

kleinonline.wnd.com... enghazi-scandal/

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 03:04 AM
link   
The same day that Paula Broadwell leaked this information, October 26th, look what Petraeus was doing:

Petraeus Throws Obama Under the Bus

Breaking news on Benghazi: the CIA spokesman, presumably at the direction of CIA director David Petraeus, has put out this statement: "No one at any level in the CIA told anybody not to help those in need; claims to the contrary are simply inaccurate. ”

Seems like Petraeus was trying to get a message out, but was constrained from speaking to the press.

From Broadwell's speech:

“The challenging thing for Gen. Petraeus,” she stated, “is that in his new position, he’s not allowed to communicate with the press. So he’s known all of this – they had correspondence with the CIA station chief in Libya, within 24 hours they kind of knew what was happening.”

In January of 2009, the Obama administration ordered secret interrogation camps abroad to be closed. Broadwell's comments about the CIA Annex having captured Libyan militia members may reveal some of these overseas prisons may still be operational.

edit on 12-11-2012 by MsAphrodite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 04:17 AM
link   
I am up having my coffee, listening to the news on the radio.

I just heard how angry the president is for not being told about the Petraeus affair until Wednesday. Yep, they are trying to tell us that he didn't know until the day after the election.

If that BS were true, it would be reason enough to demand that he resign. The CIA director may be compromised and he doesn't find out for weeks/months?

A well run administration we have there, either stupid or liars.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by six67seven
Took me an hour but I finally got through all 27.5 pages.

Wow, I had no idea of the depth of this story!

I will be keeping an interested eye on this thread/story and appreciate the research and time you all are putting in.

Question regarding all the removing of generals... With all these replacement generals (and there are a lot), doesn't it seem like it would weaken us which would be a great time for an attack? Especially if this consulate wasn't a consulate but a point for supplying guns!!! Sounds like a perfect storm in the ME.

There are some people thinking something big might happen. Could this be it... an attack or the start of another war?!

And if so, is it Mossad? We seem to be getting played here.

One thing is for certain - General P. resigning is just the surface.

Would you mind summarizing for the rest of who 1) don't have that kind of time, and 2) haven't seen this story since it was first posted and had less than 3 pages.

Please, and thank you.

Pre-emptive S&F.

[I mean... I'm assuming this goes deeper than a simple 'affair']
edit on 11/12/2012 by SquirrelNutz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
It occurred to me last night, that during the thick of this military purge, Gen. Colin Powell unexpectedly came out in support of Obama (Oct. 25),...while maintaining that he was still a Republican.

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 08:53 AM
link   
THIS is an interesting site which documents those in the military who are relieved of command:
www.relievedofcommand.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   
From Nov. 6...Another High-Level Military (Air Force) firing:

Commander of Global Strike missile support unit fired

The commander of a North Dakota-based missile support unit under the command of Barksdale-based Air Force Global Strike Command has been fired, a release from the command says. Col. Stephen H. Williams, who led the 91st Maintenance Group at Minot Air Force Base, was relieved Monday by Maj. Gen. Michael J. Carey, commander of the 20th Air Force, the AFGSC communique said.

www.shreveporttimes.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I posted this in Stormdancer's thread. I'm posting it here, too, because I think it's important -

Fox News just said Petraeus was "wedded" to that anti-Islam video that supposedly sparked this whole mess. I wonder what they meant by that. They didn't expand on their statement. 

I think that is completely irresponsible reporting.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
WALL STREET JOURNAL:
Broadwell had classified documents on her computer; Petraeus denies that they came from him.

The FBI Found Classified Documents On Paula Broadwell's Computer

Well, it turns out that during the FBI's investigation, the bureau did find classified documents on Broadwell's computer, reports the Wall Street Journal. In September, the FBI began to do a legal analysis to see if there were any charges that could be brought. They decided to interview Broadwell. During her first interview, she admitted that she was having an affair with Petraeus and gave up her computer to the investigators. On it, they found classified documents. Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

edit on 12-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

I just heard how angry the president is for not being told about the Petraeus affair

Poor guy is always outta the loop, never knows nothing about anything does he?

He is either the biggest liar in American history or the most incompetent, or both.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   
reply to post by IAMTAT

I imagine she did have classified documents she had too, she pointed out what seemed to be classified information in her speech
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Maybe Petraeus was "wedded" to the video narrative because he was being blackmailed by the administration.
They don't want him to testify now because he 'came out' with the affair himself...and can testify that Obama/Hillary told him to push that crazy narrative.

I think he had better be very, very, careful right now.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Someone said earlier they thought Petraeus was throwing Obama under the bus. Maybe it's the other way around. Think about it.

posted on Nov, 12 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

I think the leak to the WSJ about classified documents may be a warning from the State Dept. to Petraeus to NOT testify before congress again.

Watch him 'lawyer up' if subpoenaed.

edit on 12-11-2012 by IAMTAT because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join