It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

To Anyone Who Still Believes Iran is the Threat...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

“I do not believe that Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists and others have any problems among themselves, or are hostile against each other. They get along together comfortably and live together in an atmosphere of peace and amity. We are all devoted to the cause of justice, purity and love.” — Mahmoud Amadenijad

For me, this hatred against Iran has been the most revealing action on the NATO alliance's corrupt agenda. What that agenda is I believe is still up for speculation and debate. The western powers have been non stop brainwashing their citizens with ideas that this is a dangerous and savage nation and that their aggression is something that should be nipped in the bud. The yanks have been putting up posters stating "In a war between the civilized man and the savage, support the civilized man", sickening.

I am yet to see any evidence of aggression from the Iranian nation or any evidence that they aim to make nuclear weapons (I believe recently Mahmoud Amadenijad described the nuclear arms race as "backwards" and "mentally retarded", to which I couldn't agree more). America on the other hand (who start a war on average once every year and a half) have done nothing but made acts of war against this nation based on no solid evidence.

I think one of the most worrying things for me is the close ties Iran has with Russia. We all know that the Americans believe Russia to be their #1 economic enemy, could this be a plot to weaken Russia? How would Russia react to the invasion of Iran? It all seems very sketchy to me, it makes me worry about the future for all of us in western civilization and eastern if I'm being honest.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by iRoyalty

UN just wants to augment its domination over Middle-East thru Israel, And I ran is in their way, so the UN (and its media) demonize Iran.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by swan001

But I would have thought having Israel, Turkey and Saudi Arabia on a leash gave them enough power. Why so intent on Iran?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I'm so tired of the back a forth about Iran. EVERY SINGLE DAY.

I agree that the USA has caused trouble in the region but I have also heard that we are going to start a war for the the last twelve plus years....never happened. I don't support Israel or US foreign policy but the defense of Iran on ATS is dumb. Iran may not have directly caused war but we all know they have militants everywhere in middle east and their hands are far far far from clean. Are you people really blind and think Iran doesn't want a nuclear weapon?

I cannot defend a theocracy. I just hope that both sides can be more reasonable and will stop playing the politics of war

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:05 PM
link   
It's really hard to say who is the hero and who is actually the villain.

Though, Iran has a reputation of talking nonsense in order to strengthen their argument. Think he just searches for which ever ideal will win him the most support and crowbars it into something. He is just pretending, just like NATO is pretending. Both sides are talking an equal amount of BS. Each with their own agenda.

I don't support Iran nor the West.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by JDmOKI

The amerikan military and CIA and FBI and FSA in my opinion are militants all over the world too, because they are doing nothing but spreading terror, occupying nations, plundering resources, and killing civilians indiscriminatly.

My question is who's worse? I think I would take Iranian terror anyday, over the constent terror spread by amerika and her allies

SaneThinking

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by iRoyalty

“I do not believe that Muslims, Christians, Jews, Hindus, Buddhists and others have any problems among themselves, or are hostile against each other. They get along together comfortably and live together in an atmosphere of peace and amity. We are all devoted to the cause of justice, purity and love.” — Mahmoud Amadenijad

For the record, I do not support an unprovoked military strike on Iranian soil. However, I would take Mr. Ahmadenijad's words with a grain of salt.

The fanatical regime he represents has been funding a covert war against Israel for many years. While he might not be overtly racist against Jews in general, he certainly doesn't hide the fact that he supports the elimination of the State of Israel.

Therefore, he might preach that people of Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, and other faiths would have no issues coexisting in the right circumstances (a notion that I wholeheartedly support), but he certainly has an issue with Jews in particular having a right to their own homeland.

The overwhelming majority of countries in the world today are predominantly Christian, Islamic, Hindu, or Buddhist. The notion that countries should not be identified by a predominant faith is contradictory to the current global landscape. Considering that his country refers to itself as the "Islamic Republic Of Iran", I find his views regarding Israel extremely hypocritical.

edit on 9-11-2012 by Humanity4Ever because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DariusHames

Interesting, I like your take on it. What I'm more worried about is what affect this has on Russias stance, I don't think I stressed this in this thread enough. My fear is that this may cause some catastrophic whiplash from the eastern world..

Don't take me for a supporter of Tehran, I'm a supporter of peace and it seems that America know that they're about to p**s off Russia and a good chunk of their own populous.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Honestly, I don't see Iran as being the warmonger here. Everything I've read/watched leads me to believe their not. Sure, they made some verbal gaffes I'll grant you that. The gaffes they did make, well, some of them were not gaffes. Some of them were overblown by the MSM such as the "Wipe Israel off the map" gaff. If you listen to his speech this is not what he meant by that statement, and again, was severly overblown by the MSM.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Well I haven't read much on Russia and Iran's relationship, but what I do know is that both Russia and China is a machine who'll support anyone, whether right or wrong, in order to keep that machine moving. Iran has oil and America doesn't have a whole lot to offer them.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
The world sat on their hands while N.K developed their"peaceful"nuclear program.World safer now?Iran is doing the same damn thing.Will the world be safer with Iranian bomb?Doubt that.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
"For the record, I do not support an unprovoked military strike on Iranian soil. However, I would take Mr. Ahmadenijad's words with a grain of salt.

The fanatical regime he represents has been funding a covert war against Israel for many years. While he might not be overtly racist against Jews in general, he certainly doesn't hide the fact that he supports the elimination of the State of Israel.

Therefore, he might preach that people of Christian, Islamic, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, and other faiths would have no issues coexisting in the right circumstances (a notion that I wholeheartedly support), but he certainly has an issue with Jews in particular having a right to their own homeland.

The overwhelming majority of countries in the world today are predominantly Christian, Islamic, Hindu, or Buddhist. The notion that countries should not be identified by a predominant faith is contradictory to the current global landscape. Considering that his country refers to itself as the "Islamic Republic Of Iran", I find his views regarding Israel extremely hypocritical."

As an interesting exercise, read the above and substitute Netanyahu for Ahmadenijad, Israel for Iran, Judaism for Islamist, etc.

I am not claiming that Iranians are saints, but there seems to be no end to Israeli and Western hypocrisy, in regard to tolerance, nuclear capabilities, human rights, who is threatening who, who has invaded who, who is currently occupying others' lands, etc etc etc.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

Well considering NK also haven't done anything aggressive against other nations since the start of the civil war and America have had nearly 10 wars since... Perhaps we should be going to war with America for being an aggressive nation with nuclear capabilities? That's the message they've been sending for the past several years... Isn't it?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This is how i see it, we have 2 countries (Israel and Iran) who hate each other. Threatening each other and attacking each other. None of them are saints. HOWEVER, when we see media back here in North America, esp, America,a country where 75% think middle east is pure evil(along with influence of zionist and rich jews), will side with Israel, and thus one of the two countries that fighting would seem more evil, in this case it would be Iran.

One country has nuclear capabilities and other has sanctions on them.

Best is to talk peace, not pick side.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by luciddream

Best post on the topic I've seen in a long time

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   

1-about Iran and Russia: you are right an attack on Iran can motivate eastern powers. as an evidence Russia and China have the same stance on Syria issue. even an attack on Syria can motivate all the east let alone Iran !
2-why there is so intent on Iran: because just existing of Islamic Republic can lead to a NWO that has conflicts with elites NWO ! Iran revoluted to get independent from Communism and Capitalism 30 years ago, when people would think that religions were just corrupted and they should have been dismissed. but surprising Iran based an Islamic Republic and still, it believes that religion is not an obstacle for democracy or improvement. and now you are witnessing Arab spring which Iran calls it Islamic awakening against puppet governments in the region ! maybe this is one of the reason why they are against Iran !
3-what about those speech : Iran's ideology is unity among religions this is not a slogan but a real belief. monotheistic religions have many in common. I offer you to read at least his 2012 UN speech it declares Iran's arrival view and other issues well !
he believes that Nuclear weapons could not save USSR and could not help Israel to defeat some militants of Lebanon and Gaza ! making Nukes is a suicide for Iran, it has signed NPT like USA. according to NPT USA and other powers should start Nuclear disarmament and countries like Iran should not make Nukes. Israel and USA know well that Iran is not making any Nuke but they have no other better excuse for pressuring on Iran. Why is Israel so important for some countries ? what does USA gain from Israel ? what does UK gain from Israel ? why are they sacrificing everything for Israel ?
4-Iran and Israel : Iran is not a neighbour of Israel but the problem is that Iran does not recognize Israel an independent country but just calls it the "occupied lands" even more "cancerous tumor" because it is spreading and nowadays there is no sign of a country called Palestine ! and this idea is widespread among people of middle east so public opinion is a supporter of Iran in the middle east !
this belief has no relation to antisemitism or anti Judaism but just based on international laws. and Iran has offered a referendum consisting of all Palestinians (regardless of their religion) to end the crisis in the middle east.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
Iran is not the problem. Israel is. They are a little fish with a big mouth.

Israel wants to suck the United States into their holy war against the Arab League. If Israel were to be wiped out, I think relations between the US and Iran would be much better.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AgentX09
The world sat on their hands while N.K developed their"peaceful"nuclear program.World safer now?Iran is doing the same damn thing.Will the world be safer with Iranian bomb?Doubt that.
OK I`ll play.

North Korea is currently inside how many countries borders.
Iran is currently inside how many countries borders.
The US is currently inside how many countries borders.

Yup, Its easy to see who the World needs to be `Safer`from.

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
The only problem child of the middle east is israel. Iraq was never a threat, afghanistan was never a threat, Iran is not a threat. The great US of A and its lapdogs are the biggest threat this world has ever seen. We are the terrorists.....

posted on Nov, 10 2012 @ 05:01 AM
link   

He's reading a prepared speech it proves nothing. he didn't write that.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join