It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to replace God with aliens?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:23 PM
link   
It seems every Christian I've spoken to snubs the mere thought of aliens from other solar systems.

ex·tra·ter·res·tri·al
adjective
1. outside, or originating outside, the limits of the earth.

God (Bible God), by definition, is an extraterrestrial. So, if one believes in God, one not only believes in aliens, but that God is one too.

We are told God and his angels abide somewhere "above", or somewhere "in the heavens", or somewhere vague called "Heaven". Naturally, we've yet to confirm a physical realm called "Heaven", but what we do know is above, and all around, is space. So, if one believes in God and his angels, one must believe in aliens from outer space.

How is it logical for someone who believes in the Bible God to not even consider the possibility of flesh and blood (like ourselves) aliens from a physical realm (like the one we know) somewhere out there?

I've watched the Ancient Aliens documentaries and while the program has veered off course in a peculiar obsession to attach every myth and uncertainty to aliens, I still feel the main premise of the theory offers a more compelling argument for historic events than the Bible does -- both arguments have their flaws, for example there is a lack of concrete, physical evidence of alien visitation (unless you wanna count the pyramids...), but the same could be said about events in the Bible.

I feel that the Ancient Astronaut Theory has the edge in that an unobserved invisible realm with invisible beings doesn't need to exist for its aliens to be accepted, whereas the Bible needs a "Heaven" for its aliens to exist. So, is it not logical to replace God with aliens from outer space right about now? That is, if we're going to persist in believing in aliens from outer place interfered in our past.

By the way, this goes without saying (but I'm going to say it anyway), not all Christians are contradictory in their beliefs, as I'm sure there are quite a few who are more open-minded, and it hasn't been my intention to bash anyone.

edit on 9-11-2012 by namine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Maybe that's why the Vatican issued its statement that it's okay to believe in ET.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

Maybe...but it certainly seems not everyone's got the memo.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:30 PM
link   
Aliens, sure, but not the little grey guys, and that's the problem. People think grey guys.
You might be closer than you think, check this out.

www.thechronicleproject.org...

This work is Genesis translated using the corrected system. See how close you are.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

I have to go so I may regret this reply......to answer your title.....YES!!!

(I'll read it when I return.)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I believe the religious texts say that god resides above as he does below. God is within all and everything, because all that exists does so at the will of god. Life exists elsewhere but to say that it could replace god is just silly. It would not even exist without god.
edit on 9-11-2012 by chadderson because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What about all of the theories that ET's are possibly demons?
Maybe the Vatican, by stating that ET's possibly do exist, maybe they are somewhat stating they are demons in disguise?

-Maybe this isn't a good example, but the movie "The Fourth Kind". Take a look at the part where the main character (cannot remember her name) is conducting hypnosis on one of here clients. The client then begins speaking in an alternate voice, speaking in ancient Sumerian.
-The strangest thing about the movie that really gets you thinking, is that this Alien/Demonic voice states "I AM GOD".

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
How about we replace "God" with "I don't know what I'm even talking about?" Because it's the same thing. "God" is the name we give our ignorance when we don't know why something happened.

"Alien" = I don't know exactly what it is. It's from outside my world of understanding.

What's the difference?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Mayhap. It is simply time to replace you. With someone who can believe what they choose as an individual and does not need another or group of others to confirm or accept the belief (s).

If you want aliens. You can have aliens.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
So everyone should convert to Scientology then?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

"god" is what i use to describe the higher power. something all encompassing and omnipresent.

"alien" is just something foreign

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Nah! We got Barack and his disciples. Lots of 'em. Enough to go around for everybody...even if you don't want one.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue Shift

Well, the difference for me, is that the Bible God has a lot of supernatural abilities ascribed to him, whereas even we could be aliens if we stepped foot on another planet.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

We are told God and his angels abide somewhere "above", or somewhere "in the heavens", or somewhere vague called "Heaven".

this is not right. god in heaven is meant ethereal. ethereal heaven = spiritworld and realms.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Well, you say that but there is a lot of talk in the scriptures about the heavens being above. And of beings "descending" to the Earth.
edit on 9-11-2012 by namine because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Is it okay for a self affirmed crackpot to post here? I recently made a post regarding this subject. It was an odd dream I had that goes into this subject. Basically aliens are not from other stars but from other Earths. They are extra-dimensional. They gained intelligence millennia ago, found out how to cross dimensions and used these new dimensions as labs. We were just one of their experiments. And this sounds ridiculous, but I can't shake the feeling that more is coming. Maybe I have finally gone over the edge.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Not really since the word GOD/GODS has its own definition and the word ALIENS has its own definition. its 2 separate words.

But if your referring to changing the words in the Bible i dont see how that would work, like for example: "Jesus Christ" you would put "The Alien of Nazareth" yeah i dont think so....

BUT! other than that I do understand your point. and yes I agree that most of the literature explained in the Bible could be reffering to Extraterrestrial beings with advance technology. Its something that has been disscussed many times. Thats why in Vatican City they have TELESCOPES to research this sort of mysteries in the Universe. "THE GODS" could in fact be mutant Aliens with powers like the X-MEN.

But you must understand that aside of all the GODS and all the GODESSES it is believed that their is still 1 and only creator and destroyer of ALL the one who created the GODS itslef, which most refer to as "GOD" but in reality IT HAS NO NAME it just is the creator of ALL realms and spirits and all that other Dimensions and what not.

Maybe were just in the Matrix...

edit on 9-11-2012 by BacknTime because: (no reason given)

link   
I can has aliens?

I see your point OP. god has one edge of evidence over aliens though.. He's been seen in toast!

link   
reply to post by ObservingTheWorld

Hahaha, I enjoyed that. That is quite funny.

I'd see that movie

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

god is acting everywhere from another realm. when you talk about god or angels, you are talking about spiritual beings. these beings act on humans from the spiritual "world", like a different dimension. god acts on humans with angels, they are like a tool to bring you thought. angel = intelligence.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join