It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is it time to replace God with aliens?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You're close. They are us.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
While I do agree that some form of alien influence has happened in our religious past, I have come to accept that life is in too much of a balance for things to be anything other than the hands of a creator. That being said I don't think we can just replace god with aliens, but I do think that we need to look at some relious scriptures for evidence of technology being used, and not just "miracles".

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

You're close. They are us.

not exactly, imo. you as a human are directed by these beings. theoretically, when these beings would stop acting on you, your heart would still beat, your soul would still breathe, but your head could be empty.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You don't know how right you are.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
A lot of the misconceptions come from what we are taught, and not whats there.
The word we use as heaven, is the word in Hebrew...Shamayam. It means celestials,
but in the actual Hebrew, Sham means...to locate, hence it is used as the word ...name, your locator.
So the word for heavens, means locators, as that is what the stuff in the sky is for. Locating physical position, locating monthly position on the calendar.
Extra biblical writings say that God rules over over 18,000 other planets. Its therefore not some other dimension, but a statement that he lives off earth.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by subjectzero

how do you perceive the non-human beings, who direct our destinies ?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by winterkill

Can you pinpoint your last paragraph in the Bible for reference purposes?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Having read Enoch 1, I find it as one of the first written accounts of close encounters of the seventh kind. That is, ETs mating with humans.

Greek mythology has similar stories, so do some other religions and mythologies. Actually, lots have "gods" and other "divine beings" mating with humans. Something happened, and our ancestors wrote it down. Assuming they aren't fairy tales that is, which I find hard to swallow. Writing was a big deal in those days, and only the brightest wrote. I'm sure some of it is exaggerated and some propagated for an agenda, but I doubt it's all lies.

But I would also like to mention something about "God." Abrahamic religions don't hold a monopoly on that term. If you consider Vedic and post-Vedic religions (which are generally far older), the Godhead is simply the Self, the I am, which is everything, including us -- we're all "I." So, if you landed on a primitive world and said, "I'm God," it's technically true (God as the ocean, all of "life" as the waves). You can be a tyrant with some kind of agenda, or you could impart a great deal of wisdom about the cosmos and reality, among other things.

Cheers.
edit on 9/11/12 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by chadderson
"god" is what i use to describe the higher power. something all encompassing and omnipresent.

That doesn't make any sense.

What do you mean by "power?" Something that has a motivation and makes things happen? Why would a being or entity that is everything and has everything be motivated to do anything at all? And how can something be omnipresent, but still separated from the rest of the universe to be able to distinguish it and call it a name?

Most people, when you get them right down to it, will admit that "god" to them is a feeling that they get when confronted with something vast and unfathomable. The fear you get on the edge of a cliff. It's the thrill of confronting your own ignorance. What is it? What's going to happen? What's down there?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Nephilim? Elohim? Angels? Demons?

Give them whatever names you want. I don't know the hierarchy personally. I'm only riding on a corner of the magic carpet.

Remember, it's the journey, not the destination.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

You really need to read Daughter of smoke and bone by Laini Taylor, if you think like this you'll love it. great thread thanks.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Is it time to replace God with aliens?,

I agree with a lot of what you say in your post, I've watched and enjoyed the Ancient Aliens shows too.

However, I do not think it is time to replace "God" with Aliens.

What we " Do Need " on this Planet Earth is A " New Revelation from God " All Believers are Still Waiting for " Jesus Christ " to Come Back like he said he would. But by now, over 2 Thousand and 12 Years Later, it is quite Understandable that The Church is getting tired of waiting. Talk about being "Stood Up" at the Alter!

If Jesus would have Told His Disciples, Hey, I'm Coming Back, but it Ain't going to be in Your LIfetime ! At least all of the Future Generations until all of us living on earth now would know. But Jesus Just Left them all hanging and believing and waiting and watching for him to " come back " any day!

And then there are some things in the bible that just do not add up, it doesn't matter which way you read it or how you want to look at it. Below are just a few of the Problems with the scriptures left in the bible. I've posted this on other threads, and understandably no one has any type of logical answer to post and try to explain these obvious problems with the scriptures.

---------------------

The " Area of Proof " that God is not perfect, is when God tells us about how he created the angels. .

The fallen angel lucifer or satan is the main proof that God is not perfect. To create or make many angels in antiquity, "God only knows when" and for one of these angels that God made to rebel against God, that shows an " Imperfect Creation " of an angel.

An all knowing, and an all seeing God, who " Knows The Future " could Easily have seen or known that lucifer was " Not Perfect. " For a " Perfect God " to make or create an " Imperfect Creation " shows that God is not perfect.

And also these obvious questions:

Why would " God " like or want " Gold " ??? and Why would God tell Adam in the first book of the bible about Gold ??? and God even says that " the Gold is Good " Why is the gold good ?

Why would Adam and Eve even want or need gold ??? Gold is very Heavy like Lead. Adam can't eat the gold, or does God want Adam to make himself a nice new shiny Rolex watch??? Come on, what's this Fascination by " God " with " Gold " ??? Does an Infinite and an All Wise God like Shiny Gold watches and rings...??? What's with Gods interest in gold ???

Is Sitchin's interpretation of the ancient Sumerian clay tablets beginning to make any sense here....?

What is the real bottom line story here on this planet earth? Entertainment ? Gold ? Love ? Endless Wars ?

Wow, talk about Endless Fascinating Brutal Entertainment... So Which Is It ???

Is the Bottom line theme and story on all of "Gods Creation" Love ? Gold ? or Endless Wars of Misery and Slaughter of People ? For " Gods " Entertainment.. ?

So... Which is It... ?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by namine
Well, the difference for me, is that the Bible God has a lot of supernatural abilities ascribed to him, whereas even we could be aliens if we stepped foot on another planet.

Then you answered your own question. We can't replace one with the other because while they are both unknowns, hidden, "others," they have different pretend attributes associated with them.

Although, if you have two closed boxes, and you don't know what is in either of them, you could possibly say that the boxes are similar because they both have unknowns in them. If the "box" was a definition, then you could say that the definitions were equivalent. Both of them being "unknown."

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by chrisb9
reply to post by namine

Is it time to replace God with aliens?,

I agree with a lot of what you say in your post, I've watched and enjoyed the Ancient Aliens shows too.

However, I do not think it is time to replace "God" with Aliens.

What we " Do Need " on this Planet Earth is A " New Revelation from God " All Believers are Still Waiting for " Jesus Christ " to Come Back like he said he would. But by now, over 2 Thousand and 12 Years Later, it is quite Understandable that The Church is getting tired of waiting. Talk about being "Stood Up" at the Alter!

If Jesus would have Told His Disciples, Hey, I'm Coming Back, but it Ain't going to be in Your LIfetime ! At least all of the Future Generations until all of us living on earth now would know. But Jesus Just Left them all hanging and believing and waiting and watching for him to " come back " any day!
The Pistis Sophia has Jesus coming back at a later date (some years later I believe) and talking to his disciples. I think the whole "I'll be back" thing is meant to keep people believing in the church. In Gospel of Thomas, he says 3 or 4 times about the "end times" that they won't happen, or rather, what you seek is already here. Of the end, he said, stand in the beginning and you will know the end. In the Upinishads, the beginning is the I am (God). In the Bible, the beginning is the Logos. The word (logos) is said to be Jesus, who says, I am.

Something to think about.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Currently writing a Sci-Fi thriller called Watchers based on some of the ancient alien theories. It takes some of the theories to create a thriller set in the modern age. If your interested and want to know more you can visit my Facebook page and LIKE to receive updates and chapter snippets!

www.facebook.com/watchersebook

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by namine

Your answer:

Deuteronomy 4:19

19 And when you look up to the sky and see the sun, the moon and the stars—all the heavenly array—do not be enticed into bowing down to them and worshiping things the Lord your God has apportioned to all the nations under heaven. 20 But as for you, the Lord took you and brought you out of the iron-smelting furnace, out of Egypt, to be the people of his inheritance, as you now are.

Ephesians 3

4 In reading this, then, you will be able to understand my insight into the mystery of Christ, 5 which was not made known to people in other generations as it has now been revealed by the Spirit to God’s holy apostles and prophets. 6 This mystery is that through the gospel the Gentiles are heirs together with Israel, members together of one body, and sharers together in the promise in Christ Jesus.

And then, the ultimate revelation: Are there others in Heaven?

14 For this reason I kneel before the Father, 15 from whom every family[a] in heaven and on earth derives its name. 16 I pray that out of his glorious riches he may strengthen you with power through his Spirit in your inner being, 17 so that Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith. And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, 18 may have power, together with all the Lord’s holy people, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, 19 and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God.

We inherit a mansion in heaven. We get a new Heaven and Earth. We get a crown (New Mind) and a Robe (New Body). The robe is made from our sin (Wool) that is washed as white as snow. This wool is then the building material for the new body (Robe). Amnion and the Robe from Wool

Revelation 6

9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw under the altar the souls of those who had been slain because of the word of God and the testimony they had maintained. 10 They called out in a loud voice, “How long, Sovereign Lord, holy and true, until you judge the inhabitants of the earth and avenge our blood?” 11 Then each of them was given a white robe, and they were told to wait a little longer, until the full number of their fellow servants, their brothers and sisters,[e] were killed just as they had been.

edit on 9-11-2012 by EnochWasRight because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No, we don't replace God with Aliens. God is Goodness and can be seen in two ways, The Good Family, and Dad/Mom, our Spiritual Parents for our Group. God can also be seen as, the Infinite Spirit of Love and Peace and Goodness And Equality that holds all things into being and connects all infinite souls. Read up on NDE's.

As an experiencer of ET, ET is the Spirit Projections of the Infinite Souls/Higher Selves who are in the Real World, Reality, outside the lower level duality testing grounds of who we are fractals or projections or a "seed" from our Tree, Tree referring to our Soul. Spirit is all the seeds of the Tree and/or a fractal of the infinite self. ET, is also spirit/projection/fractal and often a bigger seed, or bigger layer. And our spirit/souls are ET too, here. Only we're smaller layer of our soul operating under a veil of forgetfulness in the practicums where we're supposed to put what we learnt of Love and Light into practice here.

For we are infinite layers, that extend from denser to highest levels, we are limited to the viel. ET is not under the veil, unless they are in their own testing grounds. So Et is often called Angel/ET.

There are both sides of the duality represented however I don't really call negatives ET, more like Shadow type negatives.

This layer or universe is more like an artifiical mirrored reflection of the real world and a shadow or creational realm with Real Light and God/Goodness shining in to assist us in getting rid of the Error/Weakness/Lack of Love/Inequality/Distortion and Insanity that, that which is not Real ie. all that is Shadow, is.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unity_99

What if you're wrong and God lands and says I've been watching you all from the moon and from the Black Knight satellite and from Saturn?

What you posted is just another theory, just like everyone else's theory.

God could be an alien. No one knows. Not even you.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by subjectzero

What if you're wrong and God lands and says I've been watching you all from the moon and from the Black Knight satellite and from Saturn?

What you posted is just another theory, just like everyone else's theory.

God could be an alien. No one knows. Not even you.

I came in knowing otherwise and stand up for Love and God all the time. I have memories that come in, and contact as well.

The dark side of the moon is shadow. The wolves are there. We're the Light and we're here. We aren't giving them anyone to eat. They get NO COOKIES and in fact need to come home themselves.
edit on 9-11-2012 by Unity_99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 06:36 PM
link   

What are you smoking? Is it Canadian?

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join